PDA

View Full Version : FYI check your nuts

Jackie
08-10-2004, 03:08 PM
I have a set of Arens +1 a-arms and the lock nut fell off one of the lower arms while I was at the dunes, did a major head plant in the sand. I just don’t want anyone else to experience it. So check your nuts and keep them tight. I have a 400ex. I called John and he said one other 400ex rider had the same issue and has new design. I suggest a quick fix of drilling the end of the screw and putting a pin in it. Stock has a pin.:eek:

Dave400ex
08-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Yep the same thing happened to both me and Tommy. I am suppose to be getting a new style lower stud that is a nylock deal.

Cole Trane
08-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Yep the same thing happened to both me and Tommy. I am suppose to be getting a new style lower stud that is a nylock deal.

That's a good idea, but of course you already knew that. :D

redroost85
08-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Good tip bud.:cool:

We all need a reminder now and then!:devil:

JOEX
08-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
Good tip bud.:cool:

We all need a reminder now and then!:devil:
It's habit for me:o :devil:

Toadz400
08-10-2004, 05:08 PM
That happened to me with my Ugly's, I had someone put them on for me...they didn't tighten them correctly (you had to hold the top part and tighten the bottom, they were just tightening the bottom so it just spun) and never put a cotter pin in...luckily I didn't do a face plant, but seconds before that I was hauling *** down a road popping wheelies! Thank God it didn't come out then! It was while I was in the ditch doing 10 mph...lucky me.

Jackie
08-10-2004, 06:55 PM
I would have rather been going 10mph but I was going about 45mph lucky me I was just starting to go up hill all that was going through my mind was this quad was going to land on me. I didnt even think that I could have snaped my neck but it only flipped once over end. I feel like a rib is cracked. We live and learn and live to ride....
play safe
ride safe

Tommy 17
08-10-2004, 07:02 PM
ok this is BULL****!!!!!!! #3 of the 4 set of a-arms i know of... someones goin to get killed

i say we all get together and tell john we want our money back and to get rid of these a-arms b4 one of us gets killed... personally they have destroyed my quad and my riding career... bc he dicked around for 6 months to ship them out... then didn't design them right bc they hit the spindel... then the lower nuts come off causing nearly 3 of us to get hurt if not killed... u have no clue how pissed off i am and i will be on the phone with john tomorrow sayin i want my money back... if i have to i will take it to further measures bc i'm sick of his ****... thats just not right...

Tommy 17
08-10-2004, 07:02 PM
btw heres a picture of my quad after johns mess u...

jackie john also lied to u when he said one other person had problems... me and dave both have had the SAME problem and he knows about both of them... i will never deal with arens again after this...

he told me the parts would be shipped out soon to get my quad running... still no parts once again and at his rate of business we MAY see them for next riding season...:rolleyes:

smith_400ex_213
08-10-2004, 10:26 PM
heres my rim after riding adn not checking my lug nuts....i stretch the holes were the hubs studs go in...not cool..the rim was jsut about to fall off went i got back to the garage...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid134/pc52b926493da0611e22d7eda693deedb/f778958d.jpg

Striker49
08-10-2004, 11:13 PM
Hey Tommy, keep us updated on the news with Arens.

Better yet, get a sticky going about the problem. That might get things addressed a little quicker and it will draw attention to those who also own a set.

75% in the red is not a good thing. :huh

frosti108
08-11-2004, 12:18 AM
smith_400ex_213--- :eek2: i did that same thing! i had 2 ITP rims on the back with holeshot tires and 3 of the lugnuts came loose, leaving long slots in the rim instead of round holes :(
so now on the rear is one ITP rim and tire, and one stock 400ex rim and tire ;) i bought the 400ex rim and tire from my friend who has aftermarket shoes on his ex and had his stockers layin around so its all good. the only difference between the 2 is 1 inch of width which really doesnt matter so yea :p

08-11-2004, 08:50 AM
class action lawsuit

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

roostin_dale
08-11-2004, 09:01 AM
:eek2: get em' Tommy!!:devil:

smith_400ex_213
08-11-2004, 09:02 AM
i get my tires adn wheels free cuz i get a sponsorship from the place i work...so yea...i jsut got new used rims then but now i got Douglas Red Label Beadlocks W/ James Lucky Reinforcing Ring....perdy much the ultimate wheel besides carbons

MIrider
08-11-2004, 09:03 AM
I have bought many of Aren's products and never had any problems with them, and qaulity and service have always been great and it still is. I think you guys just need to check your $h!t over better before you go riding. Well on the other hand, how could I expect you to that, most of you can't even wipe your own ***** yet. Of course I am mainly speaking of Tommy and Rico and a few other people. You guys never know how to improve on any thing, you just sit around and b!tch on here and run people's names and companys name in the ground.

300exOH
08-11-2004, 09:14 AM
I don't have any experience with Arens but I'd say that waiting 6 mos. for a arms only to have them break is just BS. For the price they should at least have cotter pins to keep things together. Good luck guys.

Tommy 17
08-11-2004, 09:51 AM
MI it's not my fault the bolts back off... john said it was his fault to me on the phone and also said it to my dad... the bolt he has backs off they cause the a-arm to drop... also if u weren't such a moron and tried to defend someone bc he probably sponsers u u would look into the product... to tighten the top bolt that holds the spindel to the stud u have to tighten the bottom bolt (the one that comes loose) on the stud... there is no possible way to tighten the top one without tightenin the bottom bolt on the stud... so i know for a FACT all 3 of our a-arms were tight... its impossible for them not to be but i forgot about u a know it all and u have looked into the a-arms and found out there was a problem... btw just like the spindel hittin wasn't a problem to other people from MI...

FACT IS johns a-arms have caused 3 of us to crash and could have caused me to get hurt... no cool and its BS!!!!!

and speakin of i can't whipe my own ***... i've rebuilt my 406 every winter for 4 years myself.... i've owned other brands of a-arms that personally i have the email from john about him bashin them and sayin they were bad parts then look at his... #3 of 4 sets and i haven't talked to the 4th owner yet but i plan on it...

i would never run a company into the ground nor start a bad name but when stuff like this happens its b.s.!!!! his parts are not designed right and its gonna get someone killed...

Tommy 17
08-11-2004, 10:05 AM
i just got off the phone with john... he said the parts are still in heat treat like they were last week but anyways they will be here beg of next week... if they aren't i already told him i want to send the a-arms back i'm sick of waiting... i want to get these a-arms workin so i can sell the damn quad already and get out of this b.s.!!!!!!!! i've already had to turn 3 people away from buyin it bc its sittin there broke:o

08-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by MIrider
I have bought many of Aren's products and never had any problems with them, and qaulity and service have always been great and it still is. I think you guys just need to check your $h!t over better before you go riding. Well on the other hand, how could I expect you to that, most of you can't even wipe your own ***** yet. Of course I am mainly speaking of Tommy and Rico and a few other people. You guys never know how to improve on any thing, you just sit around and b!tch on here and run people's names and companys name in the ground.

:rolleyes:

So 80% of his new LT arms for 400ex's are failing on the first or second run out with them and people don't have a right to biitch about it...:confused:

I"m not bashing Arens products in general, he has good things but these new arms sound like big POS's....:blah:

PS.... Your right I can't wipe my own arse nor find the toilet...:cool:

Jackie
08-11-2004, 03:05 PM
John installed mine for me so don't try telling me its not a design flaw. He designs stuff for racers and I bet they tighten every bolt before a race. I had riden seven times on the dunes with them for at lease 5 hours each time. It happens, just some oversights cost more.:) Everytime a design is visited (redesigned) there is always improvement.:p

MIrider
08-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Tommy how the heck can you expect to ride on a set of a-arms all summer and then send them back after all that time and get a full refund. The fact is that the problem is being addressed and I am sure some things are being redesigned for the better. I just get mad sometimes because I don't think it is necessary to bad mouth someone's company to solve a problem.

roostin_dale
08-11-2004, 04:48 PM
most of you can't even wipe your own ***** yet. Of course I am mainly speaking of Tommy and Rico and a few other people.

Actually I believe they are two of the more knowledged people on the site...and Tommy has had nothing but problems with his Arens a-arms since he got them...

MIrider
08-11-2004, 04:55 PM
If Tommy and Rico are the more knowleged people on this site I don't even want to how stupid the rest of you are.

Jackie
08-11-2004, 05:22 PM
peace out

Tommy 17
08-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Tommy how the heck can you expect to ride on a set of a-arms all summer and then send them back after all that time and get a full refund. The fact is that the problem is being addressed and I am sure some things are being redesigned for the better. I just get mad sometimes because I don't think it is necessary to bad mouth someone's company to solve a problem.

MI once again u don't know ****... theres under 10 hours on these a-arms if not less then 5 hours!!!! i got the a-arms in june and then on the 1st ride out blew my rear elka shock apart and had to wait for that to get fixed... there is no time on these a-arms at ALL!

and the thing that has me pissed about this whole deal is one simple thing... john knew there was a problem with these a-arms... he started to design a new part for the a-arms that won't come loose but never called me, jackie, etc when he has our phone numbers to let us know of the possible danger... if he would have called i woulda put something on it to stop it from coming loose but he never did...

btw if i'm so stupid then why am i goin to be a mechanical engineer;) and ur the one that looks stupid here bc u have no background on the problem...

Pappy
08-11-2004, 09:08 PM
I can assure you Tommy's a arms were tight and in good working order. I personally checked his a arms out before we did what was basically the first real ride on his new suspension.

i dont like any company bashed period unless there is good reason. all suspension companies go thru shipping/build delays so its kind of expected at times but the wait was extreme in tommys case...IMO

secondly, bashing members to try and help a company you fully support doesnt look good either. i told tommy to call arens and inform him of the issue after the nut backed off and he did. but i cant comment on anything that conversation included because i wasnt privy to it.

id say the right thing to do is for arens to make it right. i would run arens products if i had a need and wouldnt think twice about it.

08-12-2004, 08:02 AM
If Tommy and Rico are the more knowleged people on this site I don't even want to how stupid the rest of you are.

Eat crap and learn to read better..:rolleyes:

Meek
08-13-2004, 02:57 AM

tHER be mor stupder pepls on her thn rICOs an tAMmy
:confused: