PDA

View Full Version : Stockers or Almost bald bandits for MX

canadian400ex
08-29-2001, 06:46 PM
I'm racing on this Sunday and I wont be able to get new sneakers before then. Should I borrow my buddy's worn rear bandits, or should I stick with the stockers? I have a lot of trouble cornering with the stock tires. the sidewall roll causes the quad to two-wheel. I've tried out the bandits trail-riding but never on the track. I know I wont have to worry about two-wheeling in the corners, but do you guys think better traction is more important?

08-30-2001, 09:01 AM
Run the stockers,,just lean into the corners more and put a little more psi in them,,,But,,,if it's a dry track go with the bandits but aren't bandits real heavy tires???

rhino99
08-30-2001, 10:41 AM
The stock 400ex tires are good tires, they are high quality radials and should work fine. Just give it a little more juice to slide the back end around in the corner, clutch it a little and hammer the throttle, crank the bars and let out the clutch, it should allow the back end to slide around.
The bandits are ok for muddy tracks and such, but the stock 400ex tires work well for that also. When you get a chance get some lower profile tires like 18" turf tamers or holeshots.

Even at nationals some guys will run the stock 400ex radials during a muddy race.

400grl
08-30-2001, 02:42 PM
I run my stockers, cuz I can't get new tires yet...and they have been pretty good. I actually had a couple of guys come over and ask me what tire pressure I was running, because they were surprised at my traction. I had 3 psi in them, and they grabbed real well on some pretty dry/loose stuff. I'd run what you are used to....that can be important - you don't want any surprises in a race! :)

canadian400ex
08-30-2001, 04:28 PM
Thanx everyone, I was probably going to run the stockers again anywau=y but i just thought I'd ask for input. Rico, how many psi should I run...(the track is going to be rough as hell and quite sandy.) Thanks again.

08-31-2001, 08:41 AM
Well the more air you put in them the bouncier it's gonna be,,so you could set the compression all the way down on your rear shock to make up the difference. I run 9 pounds in my rear tires,,but there not stockers either,,,the only problem you might run into if you run a lower tire pressure is breaking the bead on the tire if your hammerin through a corner.. Put about 5 pounds in the rear tires and you should be OK..