PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know where to do some crank work???

mrnate400ex
08-09-2004, 10:42 PM
We have a 2000 yamaha warrior that has been down and out for quite a while. what happened was that one of the thrust washers on the crank completely disentigrated and went through the motor. we have all of the parts to fix the crank and the top end(except we need a new cam gear that goes on the crank), but we don't know where to take the crank to have them put the new rod and thrust washers on. is there anywhere in kansas that does this kind of work?? if not, anywhere that does a good job and has a reasonable price?? let me know!!!

plkmonster2
08-09-2004, 11:25 PM
I Have a machine shop rebuild one of my cranks. I'm sure most machine shops would have a press capable of doing so.

bradley300
08-09-2004, 11:57 PM
you could also send it to gthunder, he does good cheap work.

www.gthunder.com

RAPTORAZ
08-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Crank Werx(in AZ) did my 727 Raptor's. They are known for doing VERY good work.

wilkin250r
08-10-2004, 10:31 AM
It depends on how much work you really need to do to your crank. If you need just a basic rebuild, you can trust any reputable shop to replace the rod, washers, and true it for you. But if you want to go further, like balancing the crank or getting special work done, you should probably find a shop dedicated to doing cranks, like CrankWorks or Falicon.

Florida400EX
08-10-2004, 11:19 AM
yeah falicon makes some GOOD cranks, they are like the only company to actualy make a crank that doesn't go bad in a Cdale. Give Falicon a call.