PDA

View Full Version : Atv Orf 3

03400EX_Nacs
08-09-2004, 10:27 PM
havent seen a post on it but i might have missed it... what has everyone read about it? i seen it in ATV Rider for the 1st time i bet it will be bad. i cant wait i am getting to the game store at 3am and waiting to get it ;) hehe

Florida400EX
08-09-2004, 10:32 PM
When will it be released?

08-09-2004, 10:44 PM
like november :rolleyes:

Mxjunkie
08-09-2004, 10:53 PM
i wonder if it will have 450s and such, it would be awesome if it had some 4X4s :macho

JUSTINcredible
08-09-2004, 10:57 PM
i heard its gay:(

03400EX_Nacs
08-09-2004, 11:16 PM
wtf! how can you have heard it sucks it hasnt came out yet and no one has been able to test it all they have if some info but little and like 5 screen shot anyway a site you can go to is http://ps2.ign.com/articles/514/514565p1.html

batgeek
08-09-2004, 11:18 PM
ummmm demo was available at E3.

has been played. no one has directly said it sucks...just that it is very much like ORF2. people were expecting more i guess.

03400EX_Nacs
08-09-2004, 11:21 PM
well, excuse me i guess i got a little carried away :o but can you get any demo's now?

batgeek
08-09-2004, 11:35 PM
no

Striker49
08-09-2004, 11:38 PM
I read up on the article a while back and they said the biggest additions where new quads and the ability to power slide, along with better scenery rendering. Havent heard much at all on the game but there is a different developer that took over the game for the 3rd release. Have to wait and see I guess.

03400EX_Nacs
08-09-2004, 11:43 PM
what new ATV's have you heard about? any pred's or anything?

wishin4ahonda15
08-09-2004, 11:52 PM
It has premade ATVS NO REAL ONES! It will suck

03400EX_Nacs
08-09-2004, 11:55 PM
where did you find that out at?

Striker49
08-10-2004, 12:05 AM
Here is some of the more important info from the linked article above.

-Climax has taken the reigns from former developer Rainbow Studios and is looking to refine the series and leave its stamp on it.
-The biggest additions that have been added to the franchise is a completely revamped online mode. Not only have they upped the player count to six players (including computer riders if you're short on players), but they have included several things to make the community tighter-knit. In-game and lobby chat are being added to the game, and can be either voice or text-based. Other features that will be added to the game include a message board, a leader board (which will be updated in real-time) and most importantly, downloadable content that you can store to the PS2 hard drive. The online aspect of the game plays a factor in what you can unlock too; should you happen to place in the top 10 on the leader board, you may unlock a new skin or decal for your rig. If you happen to fall out of the top 10, then you'll lose that item.
-In general, the physics engine has stayed intact, but there have been slight alterations made to make it a more authentic experience.
-The controls have been loosened slightly, and powerslides have been introduced.
-The trick system has also been upgraded. Instead of performing simple tricks, you can now do land tricks which will double as linkers that can lead to bigger combos.
-Visually, the franchise hasn't changed that much with this third title. Simple effects such as mud splashing on the screen and dust making your screen opaque are some of the few new things introduced, but overall the major changes has been with the gameplay.
-The final major new feature to Offroad Fury 3 are the new mini-games.
-Offroad Fury 3 does have a lot of similarities to the second title, but many of the new tracks are going to be very challenging, even to the hardcore fans of the franchise. One track in particular takes place in a dense forest, where it's hard to keep track of which direction you're going, not to mention to steer clear of all of the trees to keep up with the pack.
-Over 60 tracks and 30 different environments.
-Due for release this November

JUSTINcredible
08-10-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by 03400EX_Nacs
where did you find that out at?

i kno a guy that got to play and said it sucks and like wishin4ahonda15 said all the ATVs are fake.

im just as disapointed to hear this as the next guy:(

Striker49
08-10-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by wishin4ahonda15

You are correct.

-ATV Offroad Fury 3 will feature five primary modes of play, including supercross (stadium-based), nationals (outdoor tracks), enduro (checkpoint racing), short track (flat TT racing), and freestyle (trick- and objective-based).
-The game will feature a total of 24 prebuilt ATVs which, although not licensed, appear authentic and can be extensively customized with similarly authentic-looking aftermarket parts, different color schemes, 60-plus sponsor logos, and decals of your own design. The performance of your chosen ATV will also be customizable for use in different events and on different course styles. Any customized bikes you create will be usable online, complete with decals.

The game has clearly benefited, not only from the company's racing game expertise [Climax], but also from its experiences with online racing games such as MotoGP 2 for the Xbox.

Wait a minute...are they talkin about Climax again? Racing expertise my arse! They took the same engine from ORF2 and Rainbow Studios and threw in junk quads, a total of 20...yes 20 aftermarket parts which are also not authentic and made a half *** online racer. WTF?!

IMHO this will be a big disappointment for most of us ORF fans, which comes from a large part of a vacancy of licensed quads. :mad:
I may be judging the book by its cover, but the screens do not look to promising.
Let me demonstrate: :huh
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen_e3/920750_20040510_screen005.jpg

batgeek
08-10-2004, 01:12 AM
this is the way i see it:

if you liked the racing action from ORF2, you'll prolly end up liking this also.

licensed quad? LOL cuz they make the gameplay better how?

i was looking forward to a progression in the ACTUAL gameplay, i guess the "sliding" kinda gives some of that.

new tracks are always a plus, i had every single one memorized from ORF2.

IMO it should have just been released as an expansion on the PS2 hard drive, not a totally new game.

250xridamatt
08-10-2004, 06:34 AM
I think i can live with fake quads. I mean, with offroad fury 1 the quad i race with isn't real. I am just happy someone listened and we can change the quad around some. You were asking for more realistic, more tracks, more quads, and parts. What did u get? All of them. It might not be as much as u want, but its still there. I know im getting it when it comes out. I have beaten orf 1 so many times on advanced AI, its no longer fun.

Just be grateful for what you got. Instead of seeing the bad in everything.

Just my .02

sn0wrider
08-10-2004, 07:55 AM
are you an idiot? just becuz they didnt register to yamaha,zuki,honda doesnt mean the quads wont look like them.. atv2 didnt even have registered bikes.. dont talk about it when it didnt even come out.

wishin4ahonda15
08-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by sn0wrider
are you an idiot? just becuz they didnt register to yamaha,zuki,honda doesnt mean the quads wont look like them.. atv2 didnt even have registered bikes.. dont talk about it when it didnt even come out. Hey there is no real atvs and its a fact. Look at the screenshots if you think they will look like real ones:rolleyes:Are you an idiot? And ATVOF2 had real ones. Im looking at the back of it right now. Lets see, Looks like honda and kawaskaki is licscenced!:rolleyes:

sn0wrider
08-10-2004, 09:34 AM
im sure they will look alike, i can c the yellow z, the dumb patriot from atv2.. the quads will look real even tho they arent registered.. you are the idiot :macho

clover
08-10-2004, 09:42 AM
There is a new game for xbox called (maxxis ultimate atv) supposed to have like 25 authentic atvs.It may be better than aof3.RELEASE DATE IS SEPTEMBER 15.

wishin4ahonda15
08-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Hey there is no real atvs and its a fact. Look at the screenshots if you think they will look like real ones:rolleyes:Are you an idiot? And ATVOF2 had real ones. Im looking at the back of it right now. Lets see, Looks like honda and kawaskaki is licscenced!:rolleyes: Have you even watched the gameplay video for ATVOF3? If you think thats a Z, well...im glad you can use your imagination:rolleyes:

sn0wrider
08-10-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by clover
There is a new game for xbox called (maxxis ultimate atv) supposed to have like 25 authentic atvs.It may be better than aof3.RELEASE DATE IS SEPTEMBER 15.
to bad xbox is terrible:rolleyes:

wishin4ahonda15
08-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by sn0wrider
to bad xbox is terrible:rolleyes: its not terrible, its better than ps2

fastblaster2002
08-10-2004, 01:39 PM
yeah xbox is cool but too big of controllers...

i have seen a screenshot and the quad looked like a Z400

plus remember in ORF2...that trenga racing quad is a blaster....the other two strokes are 250rs?? they just dont have the name...plus its an atv game...

Berry
08-10-2004, 03:36 PM
well i think you guys are counting your chickens before they hatch. why cant you all just be quiet and be happy that someone is actually doing somthing for us quad fans. offroad fury is like the only good quad game out but its not like they have that much competition. i am actually excited about this game. anything will be better than offroad fury 2. i dont care about name brand quads because it doesnt matter when your racing one on a game!

i cant believe you guys actually have the guts to get on here and diss this game out that none of you have actually played! im shure if you went out and spent 1 million dollars to build a game thats stored on a freakin disk thats like 4 inches big, im sure you would think its the best thing that happened! i mean come on!

03400EX_Nacs
08-10-2004, 03:54 PM
the only reason i like my ps2 better than my xbox is the game selcection other than that i like the xbox because of graphics and you can get smaller contollers for the xbox. how can you say none of the atv's orf2 were real? i only ride the ct racing 400
and i will definately get both orf3 and that maxxis game when they hit the shelves and give a report. i am going to play orf2 now!

400grl
08-10-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
like november :rolleyes:

oooooo......they dare to release it the same month as Halo II......:eek2:

wishin4ahonda15
08-10-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
oooooo......they dare to release it the same month as Halo II......:eek2: