PDA

View Full Version : If you have ever modded a quad look here

redroost85
08-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Was just thinking the other day while I was in the garage working on my ride, that sometimes...just sometimes mind you, I think to myself....."why oh why in the eff did I modify this, that the other thing (insert any mod in here)....because ya know if I would have just left it alone, stock (insert here as well) I could be riding right now, but NOOOO I just had to do this, that, (insert again:p )"

And frankly I'm like, "man running a stock quad isn't so bad.....these Hondas are bulletproof, maybe I should just get rid of all the aftermarket schiz.":o

Then I proceed to kick my own arse..........what the fug was I thinking?:huh The hard is what makes it great..........modify away baby!:devil:

Just wondered if anyone else ever felt like this a time or two.;)

batgeek
08-09-2004, 05:54 PM
you can only push stock so far...then ya want more. period.

Mxjunkie
08-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by batgeek

well put :macho

redroost85
08-09-2004, 06:10 PM
Maybe I gave you guys the wrong impression.:o

Example.....changing the electrical system for a more easier, faster way to start. Or, over gussetting the frame to make it stronger....you think....only to have it buckle because it's too strong.

I understand stock is stock...but I am referring to the 'littler' things.

batgeek
08-09-2004, 06:16 PM
little things to me = color of the parking brake block off plate :D

performance upgrades != little things.

Rip_Tear
08-09-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by batgeek

Thats why I made my track so tight... not much room to push any further... I can beat a DS 650 around it...

As for the question... I still have a stock quad, minus skidplate, and a few zip ties. I was happy with the skidplate, I was tired of having to bend the stocker off the disc brake... And the zipties are a must... only thing holding my left side fender on...

I get pissed when your doing regular maintaince and something breaks, or gets lost, my throttle and brake fluid holder star screws are right buggered, if I have to take them out one last time I have to get new ones... I hate cleaning the air filter and waiting for it to dry...

oriclez
08-09-2004, 07:44 PM
I know what you mean. My keyway sheared off, if I would have kept my quad stock I probally wouldn't be having this problem.

Allen
08-11-2004, 07:01 PM
I know what you are talking about. I had a 400 that I completely tricked out and when I sold it I didnt get Sh$$ out of it so when I bought my 450 I wanted to keep it as stock as possible. I run Elkas, bumpers, nerfs, and skids but I am not going to let myself get carried away on all the little crap that just eats up your budget