PDA

View Full Version : swingarm pivot bearings install ?'s

Juggalo
08-09-2004, 04:36 PM
well i almost ruined one of the roller bearings trying to install them so i figured i would ask you guys before i went any farther. how do i put the roller bearings or whatever into the swingarm? are they interference fit or what? will i have to press them in? also how far in do i push them? they are shorter that the holes or whatever in the swingarm. i'm guessing i press them just about all the way to the motor cases (at the very end of the holes in the swingarm). if you guys could just help explain how i put these things in or even some pics or somethin id really appreciate it. putting the back end on is one of the last steps i need to do in order to get my quad back in running order.

cdalejef
08-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Are you talking about the needle bearings in the swingarm pivot?

Rip_Tear
08-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Are you talking about the needle bearings in the swingarm pivot?

I think so. I amp retty sure you can drive them in using a socket or drver. If you have a press that would work aswell. And I am pretty sure you just put the bearings in as far as you need to put the seals and dust cap on. GL

Juggalo
08-09-2004, 11:03 PM
yeah i am talkin about the needle bearings in the swingarm pivot. so they are interference fit then? i can get them pressed in if i need to but i might just use some backyard method. how far in do they go? they are pivot works bearings if that makes any difference

Dave400ex
08-10-2004, 09:43 AM
I got the Pivot Works kit as well and had mine pressed in. We left them right in the middle of the pivot, then put the seals/caps on the ends.

Juggalo
08-10-2004, 09:33 PM
i got it all together and stuff..thanks for your help fellas