PDA

View Full Version : a- arms/ball joints

400ex owns
08-09-2004, 11:14 AM
my stock a-arm ball joints are loose and they only lasted for 6 months is that normal? if i do get lets say +3 a-armsor sumthing will my stock suspension fit and i herad that some companies make the a-arms and ball joints seperate so if they do go you dont need to buy new a-arms. which companies are these? i would need longer brake lines right? anything else i would have to change or is that it?

08-09-2004, 11:31 AM
What quad is this for???

when looking at aftermarket a-arm prices are the a-arms balljoints and tierods (not ends though)

cdalejef
08-09-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by 400ex owns
my stock a-arm ball joints are loose and they only lasted for 6 months is that normal? if i do get lets say +3 a-armsor sumthing will my stock suspension fit and i herad that some companies make the a-arms and ball joints seperate so if they do go you dont need to buy new a-arms. which companies are these? i would need longer brake lines right? anything else i would have to change or is that it? All aftermarket a-arms come with replaceable balljoints. Your stock shocks will fit but will be way to soft. You will need aftermarket shocks. Yes, you will also need longer brake lines.

400ex owns
08-09-2004, 07:22 PM
would i need a longer steering stem?

TC426EX
08-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by 400ex owns
would i need a longer steering stem?

No you wouldnt unless youd like one. Most people run a +1 stem when they are running CR-HI bend bars (lower and flatter than stock), or have an oversized gas tank for long distance races/riding....