PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question about the topend

400exbiggun
08-09-2004, 10:01 AM
ok well this is a really stupid question so please forgive me, but anyway i noticed when the topend on my blaster was rebuilt like 2 years ago that it looked like the piston was leaning a TAD bit to the front...meaning there was less clearance between the piston and the wall in the front then the back. And well that blaster lasted about 20hrs then seized. I also knoticed that my tecate is doing the same thing, leaning a little towards the front, but i mean you can push it back but it likes to settle towards the front and i am almost 100% positive that the rings are in the groove and this topend was already ran for a day with no problems, just wondering if this is normal since the cylinder leans forward.

08-09-2004, 10:23 AM
its not a dumb question, but im not 100% sure why they are like that, maybe its room for the piston to expand when it gets hotter, but like i said i dont know for sure, and ive only been in auto class one year, all we did was deck out and rebuild a cushman motor and a lawnmower, and a bunch of oil changes, neways i hope someone knows the answer to this