PDA

View Full Version : E-Ton 90 running bad

lsittingbull
08-09-2004, 04:26 AM
Guy`s i need your help, my little 90 will not idle, rev or pull from a stand still. This bike is stock as is from the factory. The only thing I can think of is, that a while back i mixed in some klotz 2 stroke injector oil in with the oil tank and maybe this could of fouled the spark plug, So im going to change that out today and see if this helps. :confused:

jst
08-09-2004, 05:56 AM
Is it time for a rebuild?Does it have many hrs.?

lsittingbull
08-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Can`t be time for a rebuild, just purchased the quad this past march and my little girl only rides on weekends. But anyway none of my local automotive stores carry the ngk r spark plug so i had to order one should pick it up today.

QuadJunkies
08-11-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by lsittingbull
Can`t be time for a rebuild, just purchased the quad this past march and my little girl only rides on weekends. But anyway none of my local automotive stores carry the ngk r spark plug so i had to order one should pick it up today. If you done have any luck getting it dialed in, let me know and Ill PM you my phone Number..;) We have done alot with our minis this year .Maybe we can help......

mcatvme
08-11-2004, 03:42 PM
We had a roller weight turn on us and it did the same thing but ours would idle, wouldnt rev up or pull off the line though. Might want to check your front variator.:)

Samson
08-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by lsittingbull
Guy`s i need your help, my little 90 will not idle, rev or pull from a stand still.

So it will start but it doesn't run right? Or it won't start at all?

Did you possibly store it for any amount of time b4 having problems? If so, have you checked your fuel line and cleaned the carb?

Have you made ANY modifications to it?

ps- I've cleaned fouled plugs with a pocket knife and got them to work fine.

phaster
08-11-2004, 09:09 PM
ps- I've cleaned fouled plugs with a pocket knife and got them to work fine.

That is what's called the "Magiuver Technique"

Thanks for the tip...Samson.

lsittingbull
08-13-2004, 03:40 AM
next on my list is a new fuel filter, between work and this rain were having its getting pretty rough to get to. Hopefully by tomorrow i can get a fuel filter, ( If bonnie and hurricane charley lets me ) if that doesn`t work im carrying it back to the dealership its still under warranty, i just wanted to make sure it wasn`t the little things stoping it and making me look dumb. But after i get this straighten out ill be asking some of you guys about weights and basic hop up mods.

Samson
08-13-2004, 07:35 AM
Paid $4 for a filter at the auto store for mine and bought some auto fuel line to replace what came on the mini because they kink so bad. Worth the money imo.

lsittingbull
08-17-2004, 12:01 AM
Well bought a filter from lowes ( briggs and stratton)sp? dont laugh it works great. But that didn`t solve my problem so I took it down to the dealer today and less than 10 minutes he came back around riding it:confused: :huh come to find out the exhaust has a spark arrestor screen and it was cloged. I didn`t get a chance today to inspect it my self but come tomorrow I will be removing some packing and what ever to find this screen and so long screen. But she runs good now:D