PDA

View Full Version : clutch and pipe

frosti108
08-08-2004, 11:31 PM
hi im new to this site. anyways lets get started :)

my clutch is close to going. whats the best clutch replacement kit for the money?

also, right now i got the stock header :( and a supertrapp 3" slip on. ive been wanting to replace this whole system, or atleast the stock header for a while. i was set on gettin a full sparks system, but im not sure because maybe the supertrapp is good enough to keep, and i could maybe get a new header that will fit it? also, if any of you guys know what the best header out there is for the 300, feel free to tell me. so i guess, do you recommend getting just a new header, and if so which one, OR the full sparks, if so which one?

Thanks a lot in advance :cool:

oh and fyi its a 96 300ex, .060 over with a hc wiseco piston, trinity racing high end cam, port/polish head, titanium valves, heavy duty springs... all that good stuff :) so its already worked, just need to get rid of that stock header and maybe the supertrapp.

frosti108
08-09-2004, 09:05 AM
there we go, i made it a lot shorter and simpler. maybe ill get some replies

300exOH
08-09-2004, 09:36 AM
I would stay with OEM clutches. They seem to last a long time. As for the exhaust there isn't really a clear answer. Some will say a larger headpipe isn't necessary on the 300ex. I have a Sparks X4 full system on mine and it makes a huge difference over the stock pipe or the Cobra I had. I'm almost sure the WB header will work with most slip ons.

Hope this helps. Welcome to the site

bradley300
08-09-2004, 10:05 AM
with a modified motor, (especially with your big cam) i think a aftermarket header is a must. look at how much bigger the aftermarket ones are than the stocker, seems like a high rev cam would work much better with a more free flowing header.

the only thing i have heard bad about the sparks system is that it is loud. if you want, a white brothers e-series header should work w/ you supertrap silencer.

redrunner
08-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Mostly what I heard is with those type of engine mods a head pipe is a good thing.:)

frosti108
08-09-2004, 03:21 PM
hey thanks a whole lot guys! big help.
so with the exhaust i guess it comes down to either the e-series header and my supertrapp, OR the full sparks x4.
well i was looking through the classifieds here and found a great deal on an x4 so i think thats what im going with.
the big thing holding my engine back right now is the header, so im expecting a really nice, noticable change once i get it the sparks exhaust on :D

and for the clutch, you think i should just get all new OEM parts?
could anybody tell me where to get these at? is there a kit i can buy with everything in it or something like that? a link would be great...

thanks,
ed

frosti108
08-09-2004, 03:27 PM
oh and im also hoping the bigger header will run a little cooler than stock because theyres less friction from a lot of air getting through such a small hole. is there any truth to this? because when i ride, i notice the header gets very very hot.

thanks,
ed