PDA

View Full Version : Motor Will Not Rev Up

EX4me
08-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Went riding today. Was running strong till I got hung up on some roots. After getting unstuck it will no longer rev up like it is suppose to. In 1st or 2nd gear it doesn't matter, there is just no power there. Not sure what it is. I played with the jetting & everything. Just sitting in neutral it will rev up but seems a little slow. I did notice when I went to change jets that the gas kept trickling out a little when I had the flow turned off. First time today I ever saw it do that. Any suggestions. You can hold the throttle wide open in like 2nd but you don't gain any speed & it doesn't rev.
It's a 99 400ex with a Ross11:2.1 piston, Advanced Tapered Sleeve, Hot Cams Stage II, Port & Polish, WB rev box, HMF exhaust & Uni filter with air box lid off.
It's not a blown head gasket. There is no oil leaking anywhere. Just seems like it lost it's compression or something & won't rev & make power.:( :(

speedy400
08-08-2004, 07:50 PM
sure the throttle is hooked up?;) -darren

BlackRaptor
08-08-2004, 07:59 PM
The same thing happened to my neighbor, try cleaning out the top piece of the carb, the piece above the cap. the throttle can get jammed.

IL400EX
08-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Screws fell out of the linkage on my Needle Jet/throttle slide. When this happened it idled fine and would rev up in neutral, but had absloutley no power.

3x440ex
08-09-2004, 02:17 PM
well, you say it revs up in neutral....have you tried spinning the rear wheels while in neutral? maybe when you got stuck on the roots, something got jammed in your axle carrier and it's acting like a brake.

buddy what not
08-09-2004, 03:37 PM
i had this on my 300 the carb has a slid and a butter fly style throttle all in one and mine the screw that lifts the slide up came off so the butter fly throttle would open but the slid wouldnt so it would get the gas but not all the air just take the carb off and push the throttle to the bar and see if they both open all the way so u can see right through :confused: ?

Taco
08-09-2004, 05:31 PM
pull off the float bowl and make sure that your main jet didnt fall out;)

EX4me
08-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Found out what the problem was today. The 2 screws in the bottom had backed their way out on the slide for the carb. Glad it wasn't anything major. Just wasn't my weekend to ride I guess.:(