PDA

View Full Version : shocks now, arms later.. help me out

PismoGuy400
08-08-2004, 02:43 PM
im planning on getting some elka triple rate w/ rezzies in the very near future and i am planning on getting some +2 arms in the not so very near future. maybe 4-5 months

i was wondering.. since ive heard you need longer shocks to go with the longer a arms.. what do i do?

Jpoutlaw250R
08-08-2004, 02:53 PM
From what i understand is unless u are goin with long travel a-arms u don't need longer shocks. All u have to do is have them valved differently. So u can get the shock now and either have them valved for the +2 a-arms then they would be really stiff on ur stock a-arms. Or u could get them valved for ur stock a-arms then get them revalved again for ur +2 a-arms.

PismoGuy400
08-08-2004, 02:55 PM
alright thanks alot.. dont know much about suspension but that helped me out alot.

kicken250x
08-08-2004, 06:06 PM
hes right, you dont need longer shocks with longer a arms IF they are std travel. you can run the same shocks on anything from stock length to +3 if you get them revalved. you CAN run them set up for any lengh on any length BUT would i recomend it...no. the ride will be chitty either too soft or to stiff, not letting you use the shocks to their full potential. you can send them to any good suspension shop and get them revalved. they will need your weight and how long your a arms are. hope this helps bro...later

PismoGuy400
08-08-2004, 06:23 PM
thanks alot.. does help any my worries are gone, lol