PDA

View Full Version : Pont de Vaux

onall4rs
08-08-2004, 09:22 AM
12 hour beech race in france in two weeks eny one going ?
who;s in the usa team this year

cdalejef
08-09-2004, 07:50 AM
Our own Andy Lagzdins is going! Good luck Andy! :macho

Bart
08-09-2004, 08:05 AM
mjnova (Mike Novak) is going to be there. Some info:

Riders: Greg Lassaigne(France), Harold Goodman(USA-MI), Mike Novak(USA-MI)

Bike: 04' Laeger Banshee--RZ350 Powervalve Cylinders--They are claiming it is good for 105-110mph on the flats.

They have the #1 Plate/Pit for the event since Lassaigne was on the winning team last year (and the year before).

Yamaha of France is sponsoring their effort.

Look for a full race report from mjnova with pictures when he returns. He is still waiting for his exriders.com stickers to arrive from Harlen...

FYI. It's Pont de Vaux.

http://www.pdvracing.com/indexgb.html

bradley300
08-09-2004, 08:58 AM
sounds like a fun race to me, good luck to all that will be there!

Andy Lagzdins
08-09-2004, 07:07 PM
I'll be riding PDV on a TRX450R prepared by ATVWorld and sponsored by Duncan Racing. My teammates will be multi-time British Nat'l champ Paul Rowlands and ATVA Pro Production racer Cale Downen. Paul was teamed with Tavis Cain and Chad Lohr last year and has the experience of racing this event many times. Dirtfirst prepared the YFZ Paul ran at four GNCC's this year and I had a chance to ride and race with Paul. He's totally commited and serious about racing. Loren Duncan pulls out all the stops for this race and will have a couple of powerhouse teams with Doug Eichner, Tavis, and Chad. I hope to do my part for the team, learn as much as possible, and get invited back next year. I can't say enough thanks to Duncan/ATVWorld/Fox and of course DirtFirst for making this happen! I'll be snapping photos for Harlen to post.

bradley300
08-10-2004, 12:10 AM
good luck andy!

onall4rs
08-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Andy my advise is to take some thing warm and water proof
the weather can change very quick and that sand gets evry were.
There are most of the top europian riders and some from the uk as well
You will enjoy it and i wish you good luck

Admin
08-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Fred
Look for a full race report from mjnova with pictures when he returns. He is still waiting for his exriders.com stickers to arrive from Harlen...
[

I know, I know, I haven't had anytime to ship anything, but I will try to get it out ASAP.

Thanks for everything.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Geez Harlen sounds like you need to hire a secretary :)

sounds like a fun race can't wait for the pictures

Bart
08-18-2004, 08:20 AM
List of teams:

http://www.pdvracing.com/2004/mondialRiders.html

I am disappointed that there are not more US riders there. Hopefully they are preparing for the 12 hours of America instead...

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-18-2004, 08:43 AM
120 teams thats a good turnout

team 114 E.-ATV RACING 940cc quad :eek:

Andy Lagzdins
08-22-2004, 05:29 PM
Doug Eichner's team won the Pont De vaux. Andy Lagzdins team finished 6th overall. Good Job Andy

message posted by Tony, Andys mechanic. Just using andy's computer.

Tuff4stroke
08-22-2004, 06:23 PM
congrats to Mike Walsh(#97) on a 2nd place finish!!!! That KTM was rockin!:eek2:

Again....Very Proud!

Sheridan Race Products:D

Admin
08-22-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the Update Tony:D and Results Information!!!

1. ATV World - Duncan Racing (Doug Eichner, John Mitchell)
2. Team Quad Breil (Mike Walsh, Jason Luburgh, Denny Seifner)
3. Moto & Co/Yamaha (Romain Couprie, Pascal De Palma)
4. ATV World/Duncan (Dave Baldwin, Ricky Tordoff, Joe Maesen)
5. KIK Honda UK William Waggot, Jason Macbeth, Paul Winrow)
6. ATV World - Duncan (Andy Lagzdins, Paul Rowlands, Cale Downing)

Complete Race Results (http://www.pdvracing.com/2004/results/mondialM3.html)

Bonnie Cook
08-24-2004, 01:04 PM
Congrats Andy, thanks for representing us well.

ericz
08-25-2004, 03:09 PM
I have participed to this race. But we broke the bike in the first round, so we finished 118..:( :( .. very very bad...
Congratulation to Doug Eichner and John Mitchell and to the all team.
Team Duncan Racing have doing very nice bike!! YFZ, R and Banshee...
Maybe the french rider will win next year..;)

I have many pics, but i dont know how to post them... If somebody can post for me....

Excuse me for my bah english...I'm french...

Bart
08-26-2004, 05:48 AM
ericz,

Sorry to hear about you luck.

Check your pm's. I will gladly post some photos for you. I plan to help get a full race report posted soon as well.

MJNOVA
08-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Tavis and Chad

MJNOVA
08-26-2004, 09:38 AM
John and Doug E.

MJNOVA
08-26-2004, 09:39 AM
Greg, Harold and I

MJNOVA
08-26-2004, 09:40 AM
Thrashing on the bike.

MJNOVA
08-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Our muddy pit(before the race).

MJNOVA
08-26-2004, 09:49 AM
Bikes lined up in the town of Pont de Vaux

MJNOVA
08-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Tech

MJNOVA
08-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Bike Pic.

MJNOVA
08-26-2004, 09:51 AM
Quick pic of the track near the corn fields.

MJNOVA
08-26-2004, 09:52 AM
About 1/4 of the pits ------120 total teams.

MJNOVA
08-26-2004, 09:53 AM
Bike

Bart
08-27-2004, 05:44 AM
I got to sit down and interview mjnova last night. Highlites of the race:

It rained during the week. The track was muddy on Sat. Think Sparta I mud.

The Banshee provided by Yamaha of France (YoF) was top notch. Greg and Harold were consistently 15 sec per lap faster than the other top teams. Unfortunately, the added performance to the motor lead to some tuning and reliability issues.

After dodging the rain and trying to tune the quad the 3 days prior to the event, team YoF almost didn't make it to the start as the quad was still not running right 30 min prior to the start. They were able to get it running decent as they lined up.

Greg started the race for team YoF and quickly grabbed the lead. They estimated that they could run for 1:20 before they needed to stop for gas and change riders. They estimated wrong as Greg ran out of gas at approx 1:15. After pushing the quad back to the pits to refuel, they lost their lead.

During the night session, team YoF's chain and sprockets got so bad that they needed to be changed. A lengthly pit stop dropped them further behind the leaders.

mjnova got to run some laps during the night session. His struggles with the twist throttle (he normally runs a thumb) in the rutted up turns limited his time on the quad.

During the final stage (it's a 3 stage race), things started to look good for team YoF as Greg and Harold made up some time on the leaders and were now up to 2nd place. Just when a podium finish looked to be a sure thing, the motor started to let go. The lap times for Harold started to drop significantly as the Walsh team passed him and moved into second. With approx 1 hour left in the race, team YoF's Banshee locked up (could not even kick it over) and resulted in a DNF.

mjnova had a good time and is hoping to make it back next year. The town of Pont de Vaux put on a great race. There were 120 teams and an estimated >15,000 spectators there for the race. It would be great to see a similar numbers for a race here in the USA.

Congrats to Team ATV World - Duncan Racing and all of the others who participated in this spectacle.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-27-2004, 09:36 AM
darn yamaha anyway......... only joking that is a nice looking banshee

mjnova if I remember right you ran the 12 hrs last year in Fort Dodge, which race did you enjoy more ?

MJNOVA
08-27-2004, 09:56 AM
I enjoyed them both. The formats being very different (PDV a 2 day race in 3 sections) and (Iowa 1 day 2 sections). I think Iowa is harder, with less breaks. Riding at high speeds is more my thing so PDV would be my choice. The crowds, timing(AUG) and race setup of PDV make it alot of fun. The French, English and others take the race pretty serious, so that adds to it, plus a full 120 teams. I wish they would move the US 12hr to Kentucky/TN of somewhere more central to the largest body of racers.

NOTE---Harold and Greg were turning some very fast laps, but they were about 4-5 seconds faster when running well not 15. As fast as the engine let them go, it was also the downfall of the effort. I think a stock motor, good fuel and a pipe could do quite well (2 or 4 stk). I have plans to return next year and try again.