PDA

View Full Version : Upstate New York Region

Jay300ex
04-04-2002, 07:02 AM
I didnt see any posts about many NY places to ride so I can share a few spots. Upstate area mainly, In Endwell there is a bunch of bike/4wheeler trails right off main street, very easy to get to, and right down by my place there is a spot with a few acres or land that has a bunch of trails that mainly I and a few buddies ride. There are also some trails over by this restaurant ( not sure what it is again ) that run all the way to owego ( about 80 miles ) which have a bunch of jumps as far as I saw. And if you like powerline riding, there is atleast 20 or 30 spots where you can do them around Broome County. And, my favorite spot to ride, is up in Richford NY, about 2000 sq miles of trails, its sort of like the, You can never see the same trail in one day type of deal there, really nice.

Email me @ thabbis@hotmail.com if anyone needs any more info I can help you out :)

Jayson

04-13-2002, 01:01 PM
I live in connecticut, is there any Hotels or camps site i could say at, and ride to these place you are talking about?

Jay300ex
04-13-2002, 10:08 PM
Yea there is, that I know of a few motels down town from me, days inn and such. i will get some sort of map/directions to the trails in richford and the ones to owego. and i found some more, like gravel pits, powerline runs, and there is a track for 5 bucks per day you can ride all day and there is some nice stuff (35' table tops) i'm a beginner though so i stick to the 5' doubles hehe.

Jay

400exJOE
04-13-2002, 11:00 PM
I live near albany. How far and where is all this riding???? Also, Leo and I are interested in doing a NY ride at Tug Hill. PM me and let me know. Thanks, JOE

04-14-2002, 04:55 PM
Sweet!!!
Jay whats citys is this stuff in and the hotels in? I might ride up there tues. or somthing, im got my 300ex, 3 weeks, so Im kinda new too, but I had smaller quads. Whats the name of the track? Is there any websites that might so info on these places?

PS Any cops that might chase me out of these trail and stuff

Thanks, Sry for all the questions

Chanman420q
01-16-2003, 05:43 PM
im near albany shoot me an email if ya ever wanna do some riding SlmShady12@aol.com

Jay300ex
01-17-2003, 02:03 PM
Wow I posted this a long time ago. . well I will write up some directions that I can send through email, maybe some maps too. I'll post a bunch of those spots and give directions and peeople can add to them.

Jay

4punksdad
01-19-2003, 08:05 AM
joe..endwell is down near binghamton.

01-19-2003, 09:43 AM
Flasher's Trail System....Riberty's Pits....all in WATERFORD NY....SUPER RIDING....

Also....used to ride exit 10 Track near Parts Unlimited

Also Corelliss' Pit in East Greenbush

Hey Rookie....Everybody knows Joe and Jimmy....and Sam....and me also...lol....so you know the deal....tough bunch eh?

:macho

Chanman420q
01-19-2003, 10:19 AM
LOL the track by parts unlimited. i dont suggest going back there now, i got arrested a while back doin some riding back there. But there was more to that.

Point is they watch that place like a hawk now.

Jay300ex
01-19-2003, 09:43 PM
Heres a couple that you guys probably would want to check out

Endwell Trails - State Land . These trails are in Endwell, which is right next to binghamton NY ( type that in mapquest to see a map ) In Endwell there is 17 which as you get off the endwell exit turns into mainstreet. You want to go on that until the second light ( right next to a burger king ) and take a left hand turn. Go all the way down that street until you come to a river road. Right at that point, you should see a dirt parking lot and a tunnel. Park in the dirt parking lot and ride right through the tunnel and viola there's the trails, ask the locals about where to go and where not to go ( basically stay on the dirt ). SUMMER TIME ONLY ( flooded in winter )

Here's my trails. When I say my trails, its really state land, but I have been the only rider on them for about 9 years. Same concept as above, go on mapquest and look up Binghamton NY. Cept this time look at Chenango Bridge. There is a road named River Road that runs right through this town, you want to follow that all the way until the last road on the right ( Avalon ) then turn right, go down the road and the small hill, until you get to the second left ( well the first left takes you to the same place but you know . . ) go down that street there is a creek and across is a SMALL section of trails, but really fun to go fast on cause its like a XC track. NOTE: Dont be to loud early day time or night near the houses, dont go in the dirt pits cause that redneck mofo hates quads and shoots at us everytime, and oh . . dont wreck my party spot ;)

Last one for tonite is RIGHT around the same as my trails, but instead of going on River Road in Chenango Bridge, you want to take the road right next to it ( Kettleville Road ) Go about a mile up this road until right before the road bends right and there is a small grass lot I park in, and unload. A small trail is visible that runs down next to the RR tracks, follow those down the road ( the same way you were travelling before ) and you will come to a street and a driveway that goes down to the gravel pits. This area most people dont mind if you ride. There is a lot of old berms and a neat MX setup, along with a really really BLUE pond ;).

Sorry about the bad bad directions but I hope it helps if you have any questions give me a PM ;)

Sparks425Ex
01-20-2003, 10:21 AM
I live about an Hour from Tug Hill and I have 3 Camps about 20 mins from Tug Hill. Most of my family is up there to.

I ride up there all the time.

If you want to do an exriders ride on Tug Hill talk to me. I can give ya some information.

There is a Bar called Tuggers, Right behind it is a giant camp groud. Alot of the snowmobiliers stay there. Tuggers is right past the Barnes Corners intersection.

Tug Hill would be a ok spot for a ride. Anyone with +2 a arms would have some trouble. It is very Ricky and tight trails, If you don't like getting muddy, Don't Go. There is nuttin but mudd up there too.

We could also go into Harrisville.(5 mins from one of my camps.) To the Adarondeck ATV Clubs Drag strip and MX Track. I know Leo has been there.

Whoever is setting this exriders ride up. Pm me. I will deff be there.

Jay300ex
01-21-2003, 12:50 PM
I have wanted to go ride at Tug Hill for a long time but dont know how to get there, whats the name of the city/town its at?

Jay