PDA

View Full Version : how bad it this???

44oEX
08-07-2004, 05:27 PM
Ok a couple days ago I hit a big wash out ( hole ) in the trails. it was about 4 feet deep and 10 feet long. when everything was sayed and done my right front tire was in the fender cause of a broken ball joint on my new LSR arms :mad: and is broke the end of the tie rod. that is nothing major and is a fast fix. Oh and you could see the bone on my right shin ( not good but it's not broken there is just some skin missing ) Know for the real problem. It bent the frame just behind the the lower right a-arm, a little to the right and a little up. The wheel base is a 1/2 inch shorter on the right then the left. But it never broke the frame just bent it.

I am not really in the mood to by a new frame. Can I just leave it like that it there is no cracks??? I will look for them when I get a chance. Or could I just strip the quad and try to staighten the frame???

I don't fell like spending a 1000$ on a frame right know.
so let me know.

Cody_300ex
08-08-2004, 10:01 AM
Well theres a couple on eBay, heres one for 500$.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2486190933&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

OR you can get one from service honda for 470.71$.

08-08-2004, 10:14 AM
mine is also bent (more tweaked) to the right & up after I hit a fence (there are stress cracks though)....im leaving mine like this untill I sell it...then I will fix it

44oEX
08-08-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
mine is also bent (more tweaked) to the right & up after I hit a fence (there are stress cracks though)....im leaving mine like this untill I sell it...then I will fix it

That is what I might do. maybe try to straighten it a little. If you sit on the quad there is not way you can tell it's bent but it you look on the side my air scoops hit the shocks. I will look good for cracks when I clean it up.