PDA

View Full Version : Someone please explain this

TheFontMaster
08-07-2004, 04:36 PM
The rear brakes on my 300ex just started working a yesterday. They haven't worked for over a year, and in the 2 years that I have had it they have only workied about 3 months out of the 2 years. I checked them a couple days ago and they weren't working then. This is just too wierd.

03EX
08-07-2004, 04:41 PM
I would check and see if your parking brake cable bracket in side
"against caliper" isnt full of crap or sticking. if it is loose the cable and get a block off plate for it and grease it real well or you could have a bad master cyl.!!

TheFontMaster
08-07-2004, 04:50 PM
I think you miss-read it, They do work. After more than a year of not working they now work, and I didn't do anything to them. And I have a parking brake block off just for the record.

03EX
08-07-2004, 04:55 PM
Then I would pull off the caliper & put a piece of wood between the pads and see if there is any pressure against it first you may have a bad brake hose that vapor locks once in a while

plkmonster2
08-07-2004, 11:24 PM
Try to bleed your brakes. I've seen a set on an old suzuki that the caliper seal went bad, allowing small amount of air to get into the oil. This air would get into the line, and when you hit the brakes, they wouldn't work becuase the air would compress too much. After a couple months, the air bubble would work its way out of the line and master cylinder, into the container that holds the oil. Then the brakes would work just fine, until another air bubble would get through the seal, and into the line. Once we got a new seal, and bled the brakes, they have worked great since!