PDA

View Full Version : Little Sahara, OK. - August 13-15

zephead400ex
08-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Who's going? Ledofthezep and I will be there along with a few others.

later

RH1N08d9
08-07-2004, 02:35 PM
we might go if my dad can find a raptor by then! and if it's under 100 deg. !!!

mrnate400ex
08-08-2004, 11:58 PM
i'll be there. you think we will have trouble finding a campsite with electricity if we pull in around 8 on friday?? i've heard that it isn't that busy this time of year, and it should be fairly easy. however, this year the weather has been a little unusual.

mrnate400ex
08-12-2004, 09:18 AM
ah, looks as though the weather is going to once again bless us. living in the plains has been pretty good this summer. i can't even remember the last time we had a summer this good. hasn't been too hot for long periods of time, and we've had RAIN!!! usually this time of year i have cracks in my yard that i could loose the lawnmower in!!! anyhow, hope you all have a good weekend.

TRX45OR
08-12-2004, 09:22 AM
ILL BE THERE 14,15,16,17,18 OF SEP. CANT WAIT

allmixedup047
08-12-2004, 09:44 PM
hey zep dudes, im bad habits nephew, ill be there with about 5 friends this weekend, we will get in around midnight friday night, south camp ground. i have a 450r with the woody stickers and cut fenders and #311 on the hood, i will be there with 3 banshes, one yz250f, and a 400ex. look for us and if you see me stop me and say whats up. we will have a white f-250 4 door and an extended cab white dodge dakota with 18inch wheels.hope to meet up with you guys down there. later:blah:

allmixedup047
08-15-2004, 08:38 PM
well it looks like we found you guys but im not really for sure if your gonna remember that trip preston. sorry nothing i posted was down there, we had three guys back out and then dan decided he wanted to go at the last second so we took his truck and camper. it was a blast and it was nice meeting you 2 zep dudes. peace out.

zephead400ex
08-16-2004, 08:46 AM
Well, I'm no church boy:eek::D
Hell ya man, it was a nice weekend. Ya, I might have had a little too much cough medicine but I always remember the dune trips:blah:

It was nice to finally meet you guys! I was surprised to see Dan pull into our campsite Friday night....that was the last person I figured I would see down there. I liked the 416, I might have to get me one of those SOB's now:devil:

later

allmixedup047
08-16-2004, 02:30 PM
screw the 416, just get the 450r.:devil: that 416 has more torque than any other quad i have riddin, its a torque monster.:macho

zephead400ex
08-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by allmixedup047
screw the 416, just get the 450r.:devil: that 416 has more torque than any other quad i have riddin, its a torque monster.:macho

If I could afford it, a 450r w/ all HRC mods would be in store but that isn't going to happen anytime real soon:( I'll spend a couple hundred $ and be done with it.

Do you guys have any tentative plans for the next trip?

allmixedup047
08-16-2004, 03:40 PM
well the store will be opening sometime soon, and i start school next week but its only tuesdays and thursdays. we want to try to get down there for october fest. i will have to go back befor the year ends. see if i cant bend the other tie rod in half, and you still have to ride my 450r, maybe the next time i come down i will have sparks on her and piston, and maybe if i can some port work, but keep that on the DL. but thats my plans, i guess i will just have to wait and see. we will for sure let you guys know when we are going back down and this time we will bring some more cold drinks. oh yeah, how was sleeping in the chair?:blah:

zephead400ex
08-17-2004, 09:25 AM
well the store will be opening sometime soon, and i start school next week but its only tuesdays and thursdays. we want to try to get down there for october fest. i will have to go back befor the year ends. see if i cant bend the other tie rod in half, and you still have to ride my 450r, maybe the next time i come down i will have sparks on her and piston, and maybe if i can some port work, but keep that on the DL. but thats my plans, i guess i will just have to wait and see. we will for sure let you guys know when we are going back down and this time we will bring some more cold drinks. oh yeah, how was sleeping in the chair?:blah:

Sounds like a plan. Ya, the chair was good to me, kept my head outta the sand:macho

Bad Habit
08-17-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Well, I'm no church boy:eek::D
Hell ya man, it was a nice weekend. Ya, I might have had a little too much cough medicine but I always remember the dune trips:blah:

It was nice to finally meet you guys! I was surprised to see Dan pull into our campsite Friday night....that was the last person I figured I would see down there. I liked the 416, I might have to get me one of those SOB's now:devil:

later

Hey there Preston,
Like you said, it was good meeting finally. Good to put a face with a post :D . All those young punks I was with down there sure kept me busy, they wanted to ride pretty much none stop. But that was cool with me, it just kinda cut into the time for the cold frosties. Maybe next time I'll actually put the hammer down in the trails and show them young'ns how the grown ups like to ride :devil:
We'll hook up again down there sometime and you can get some more seat time on the 416, a couple passes down the strip is fine, but you need to see how the power delivery is in the trails.

Tell Brandon I said hello.

BTW, thanks for the whiskey

allmixedup047
08-18-2004, 12:24 AM
Hey preston, dont worry, them old farts cant handle the hard stuff, next time we can put some more whiskey down, i got a bottle here at home just waiting for the long road trip to the dunes. maybe now that school has started it will last untill the next trip.:devil: and by the way, the 416 sucks through the trails, well, it sucks for me cause im always gettin the roost from it, those haulers combined with the torque of that bike throw some wicked roost.:rolleyes: but oh well. catch you later dude:blah:

spud400ex
08-19-2004, 07:30 AM
when is october fest? might have to head down for it and meet the rest of ya. met dan memorial weekend and was just amazed at how fast it was, 03LE has a fast banshee, well compared to the 400, and it looked pretty even.

zephead400ex
08-19-2004, 09:14 AM
Hey whats up fella's?
Dan, more seat time on the 416 would be pretty sweet!:blah: Are you saying that you are getting old these days and can't keep up with the young guys? haha! Hell, what room do I have to talk, I couldn't even keep up with myself over the weekend....head was all fuzzy:rolleyes: Get that damn store done and get her going and lets go ride again. Are you still throwing around the idea of hitting 'Ole G over the winter? And they whiskey...not a problem bro! Plenty more where that came from!

allmixedup047, sorry man I forgot your first name, I'm terrible with names!:D...if you bring the 'dark water' down you better believe I'll drink it! You say you get roosted all the time by Dan, well when I ride behind Brandon on his Shee, I might as well get a fork and eat the damn sand, it gets all over me!

You guys take it easy and lets hook up again and ride! Best of luck to you and the new store!

Take care!

spud400ex: Sand Fest will be Sept. 10-12.
http://www.waynoka.com/littlesahara/sandfest.htm

allmixedup047
08-19-2004, 01:49 PM
its alright about the name thing, its chris. im kinda bad with it too. i had to ask dan your guys names a few times.:) and this is not going to last very long, ive been home from the dunes for 3 days and i cant wait untill i can go back. i would move to waynoka if it wasnt such a ****ty place to live.:D

zephead400ex
08-19-2004, 03:57 PM
its alright about the name thing, its chris. im kinda bad with it too. i had to ask dan your guys names a few times.:) and this is not going to last very long, ive been home from the dunes for 3 days and i cant wait untill i can go back. i would move to waynoka if it wasnt such a ****ty place to live.:D

Ya, Waynoka is not the place I would want to live, that is an understatement!!!!

allmixedup047
08-20-2004, 02:52 AM
alright, enough of this dune talk. lets go to glamis!!! whos coming with me.:cool:

wildchild2
08-20-2004, 10:56 PM
I was down on thursday till sunday morning and was right at the first camp north of the dune entrance at the south gate. We had a red dodge ram and a maroon dodge 2 400 ex 1 416 ex and a 690 raptor that blew up on friday evening. First time out I had a blast.

spud400ex
08-20-2004, 11:03 PM
what about the week after sandfest? should set a time to go down and tare ***** up.

kssandduner
08-21-2004, 08:52 AM
What weekend is sandfest? I'm planning on being down there the weekend of the 24th-26th.

Joe

allmixedup047
08-22-2004, 01:28 AM
i thought sand fest was the second weekend of september.:confused:

DaleJrFan
08-22-2004, 09:58 AM
it is, sep 10-12th

TRX45OR
08-23-2004, 07:42 AM
I'LL BE THERE WITH A GANG OF FOOLS 14TH -18TH ANY ONE ELSE GOING TO BE THERE?