PDA

View Full Version : What a night!!!!

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 01:19 AM
We just had our flattrack race.We had a horrible turn out due to a few minis waiting on parts :( and the website had a mix up on dates......:rolleyes: But we made the best of it and had a good time.....
I was most impressed by my Sons modified 50..He actually beat his Big Sis on her modded 90:eek: :huh in trhe heat race,but she got him pretty good in the main......

The track was rougher than snot:grr: and dry at times,very dusty in the heat race .. I got two VERY short clips of the Pro and Minis when it was dark if anyone would like to see.:)

I placed 2nd in the heat race and 2nd in the main.. I WAS in 1st for several laps in the main but I pooped out the last few laps and after seeing myself on tape, I could see I was slowing down alot sooner before the corner.....:o We had 12 laps in the main.....
Troy took 3rd place on my Honda,had he been on pole, I think he would have won.....He was TEARIN !!!!! Time to make a gearing change o nthe rear spocket,it just needs a little more top end for this track than it has right now....... I think the main I TORE!!! Its was my best start yet!!!!!:blah: Bluez440 was faster than all hel!! :macho Ill have some pics in the morning of the race.....:)

Cole Trane
08-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Sounds like yall had a good time!! Congrats on the results!! :cool: :cool: :macho :macho

lol
08-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider2002
Sounds like yall had a good time!! Congrats on the results!! :cool: :cool: :macho :macho

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Thanks!
Here are a few pics.......hers my lil speed racer Brandon on his Viper.......:cool:

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:33 AM
This race he was SMOKIN.......:eek2:

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Heres Sis trying to catch him !!!:macho

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:35 AM
He knows how to hold a line......But she gets him in overall power and top speed...If she gets in front....Its all over.........;)

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:35 AM
here I am.......:D this was heat race.......

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:36 AM
another.......

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:37 AM
Heres the Ole man in Pro Class.....

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:39 AM
I just love watchin him power up on the corners........:devil: He had some tough Comp. against two Yami450 and a modded R ...Time for some gearing changes before next race......

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:39 AM
This is the R... I tried to get some night pics, but it didnt work...:(

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:40 AM
another Pro class rider,he was tippin up all over on the corners......:eek2:

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Mine was planted to the ground the whole ........:D

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:44 AM
This is exrider ID-YFZracer-BE. I want to say congrats to him and good luck to him this year .He decided to step it up and run Pro class this year..........
:macho

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Pro class was SERIOUSLY movin.......:blah:

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:45 AM
in the heat race it was really dry and duisty and sometimes hard to see .......:confused:

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:46 AM
ID-YFZracer-BE TEARIN.......!!

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:47 AM
Im not sure if this was the heat or main......??:confused: ME out front and exrider bluez440 close behind

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:48 AM
hes D@mn fast and is gonna make me have to push harder this year!!!:o :p

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:49 AM
This ocrner was a near spin out for a few riders

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:50 AM
I think this is where he takes me....:(

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Yep... Cause here is where I sit now:grr: 12 laps is hard for this women!!! :o But Ill get it down ........;)

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:52 AM
I wish I could have got this pic closer.. Would have looked cool.......:cool:

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:53 AM
This was a TERRIBLE corner last night...there was a few BIG holes,and it wasnt packed at all.......It slowed you down alot more ......The minis were literally off there seats when they hit the ruts.....:eek2:

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 09:55 AM
In the Main the green Vforce won... I was in 1st place until the last three laps.....:grr:

BlueZ440
YEp that's me..:D

QuadJunkies
Ill post more of the minis pics in the minis section....;)

dirtmomma
08-07-2004, 10:33 AM
Nice pics Tina!!! Man you make me wanna go racing :blah: geez I was just thinking about it & I haven't raced since Apr/MAY I think :eek: guess i'll just become a trail rider..................blah blah blah LOL j/k

anyway you all looked like you were screaming!! Good job on the 2nd place finish too ;)

QuadJunkies
08-07-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Nice pics Tina!!! Man you make me wanna go racing :blah: geez I was just thinking about it & I haven't raced since Apr/MAY I think :eek: guess i'll just become a trail rider..................blah blah blah LOL j/k

anyway you all looked like you were screaming!! Good job on the 2nd place finish too ;) Yeah.I was screamin alright....

.....screaming I wanted my 1st place back........:o :p LOL!!!!

dirtmomma
08-07-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Yeah.I was screamin alright....

.....screaming I wanted my 1st place back........:o :p LOL!!!!

AHH HAHAHA ROFLMGDAO thats toooooooo funny :):)

QuadJunkies
08-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Look out blueZ440....Troy coached me tonight and I got the corners ALOT faster this time........:D :blah: I got a sweet video clip of it... I wish I knew how to compress files...... :(

BlueZ440
08-08-2004, 07:45 AM
ha now that's funny...All I have to say is bring it..:devil: Girl let's start with this....ok..ready...
1.You have your corners down
2.you can keep a line
3.you are damn good
ok now
1.I'm right on ur *****
2.Lance it's been coaching me
3.I'm getting my lowering sh*t by next race
4.More power for the straight pass
and number one on my list

I'M GOING TO BE SMART AND LET YOU GET THE HOLESHOT AGAIN OR MAYBE NOT BUT THIS TIME I WILL WAIT...GET IT.."WAIT" CUZ YOU GET TIRED AFTER THE 7 OR 8TH LAP.:eek2:

NOW BRING IT...:D :blah: :devil: :devil: :devil:

HEY REMEMBER AT THE END WE STILL HAVE FUN..

QuadJunkies
08-08-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
ha now that's funny...All I have to say is bring it..:devil: Girl let's start with this....ok..ready...
1.You have your corners down
2.you can keep a line
3.you are damn good
ok now
1.I'm right on ur *****
2.Lance it's been coaching me
3.I'm getting my lowering sh*t by next race
4.More power for the straight pass
and number one on my list

I'M GOING TO BE SMART AND LET YOU GET THE HOLESHOT AGAIN OR MAYBE NOT BUT THIS TIME I WILL WAIT...GET IT.."WAIT" CUZ YOU GET TIRED AFTER THE 7 OR 8TH LAP.:eek2:

NOW BRING IT...HEY REMEMBER AT THE END WE STILL HAVE FUN..

LOL!!!!!:p I wont get as tired this way........:D
Lancy, Smanshy lol...
Hope I draw a good number again!!!
Gearing change on the rear
Oh... and ........dont forget to pack a lunch.....

:blah:
Actually, the way Troy coached me last ight I think we only work if you dont have a rider right on someones @$$ morelessor on the side of you, but WOW..... I saw the vid he made last night comparing it and I cant believe what a difference I make on cornering now.....:eek2: ITs going to take a fwe races for me to get use to the technique, so I may not place as well but it will be better when I get it down......;) As long as you and I take top two from now on....... No more letting those Vforces trophy!!:macho Your good for being new to that style of racing,you kick some butt this Winter....;)

BlueZ440
08-08-2004, 04:56 PM
LOL!!!!!:p I wont get as tired this way........:D
Lancy, Smanshy lol...
Hope I draw a good number again!!!
Gearing change on the rear
Oh... and ........dont forget to pack a lunch.....

:blah:
Actually, the way Troy coached me last ight I think we only work if you dont have a rider right on someones @$$ morelessor on the side of you, but WOW..... I saw the vid he made last night comparing it and I cant believe what a difference I make on cornering now.....:eek2: ITs going to take a fwe races for me to get use to the technique, so I may not place as well but it will be better when I get it down......;) As long as you and I take top two from now on....... No more letting those Vforces trophy!!:macho Your good for being new to that style of racing,you kick some butt this Winter....;)

yeah I hate this number sh*t..I wish the where gates on the track and everyone will line up in one line. y are you gearing down?? you want more bottom end or what?? don't make me go down one tooth on front. Yeah I'm still piss that the green force took home a trophy. oh well never again..:devil: anyways that's good that you are getting your corners down that way I don't have to slam my brakes again.:D are you guys coming to mt home this saturday??

QuadJunkies
08-08-2004, 11:13 PM
yeah I hate this number sh*t..I wish the where gates on the track and everyone will line up in one line. y are you gearing down?? you want more bottom end or what?? don't make me go down one tooth on front. Yeah I'm still piss that the green force took home a trophy. oh well never again..:devil: anyways that's good that you are getting your corners down that way I don't have to slam my brakes again.:D are you guys coming to mt home this saturday?? No. Im messin with my REAR not my front.......;) I think we might come out.MAYBE I can round up enough girls to race some MX on Sat. with !!:blah: what do ya think???I need to mess with the rear and get more top end out of things for me to be more set with you big dogs.....:( that or get a Rev box.... Come winter I will be ok.....:) You will like that track ;)

BlueZ440
08-09-2004, 07:38 AM
No. Im messin with my REAR not my front.......;) I think we might come out.MAYBE I can round up enough girls to race some MX on Sat. with !!:blah: what do ya think???I need to mess with the rear and get more top end out of things for me to be more set with you big dogs.....:( that or get a Rev box.... Come winter I will be ok.....:) You will like that track ;)

If you want more top speed, go 2 or 3 teeth smaller on the rear sprocket. The down-side to this is that you will loose acceleration quickness. I think what you need is a rev box..higher rpm's..you have that big bore kit with the stock rpms and that's what holding you back. anyways try to get some girls out there,it should be fun. hey do you by any chance have curtis number?? e-mail me. oh yeah,If you want more low-end power and quicker acceleration, then keep the rear sprocket stock, and go down one tooth on the front sprocket.

QuadJunkies
08-09-2004, 10:18 AM
If you want more top speed, go 2 or 3 teeth smaller on the rear sprocket. The down-side to this is that you will loose acceleration quickness. I think what you need is a rev box..higher rpm's..you have that big bore kit with the stock rpms and that's what holding you back. anyways try to get some girls out there,it should be fun. hey do you by any chance have curtis number?? e-mail me. oh yeah,If you want more low-end power and quicker acceleration, then keep the rear sprocket stock, and go down one tooth on the front sprocket. I already have the front sprocket down one..;) I may try stock again and see how it does.......and if stock works then Ill leave it..... WE know all that gearing stuff, I just have to try a few dfiferent ones and see what works best.:). I think we have Curtis's phone number, Call Troy later tongiht and get if from him....

QuadJunkies
08-09-2004, 11:36 AM
I just called and talked to GT Thunder today.Im gonna test two different kinds of CDI boxes they have and decide which one I like best and send the other one back..:)

BlueZ440
08-09-2004, 05:54 PM
nice..whatever you do don't get white brothers..I heard they had some type of bug that they were trying to work out.

08-10-2004, 08:39 AM
Tina I'm running the Low RPM curve CDI which is NOT what you want. I can't give you much info reguarding the others Laz has.

QuadJunkies
08-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Tina I'm running the Low RPM curve CDI which is NOT what you want. I can't give you much info reguarding the others Laz has. Can you tell me a little more about shy I shouldnt run the LOW one???? MY guess was thats probably what I would want..But he did say the other was hard to idle and our winters get pretty cold here :( I will have two to try out and see which I like best,should be here in a few days.. He is sending me both since the CDI's he has is usually used for different racing so I may prefer one better for flattrack........How is your for MX Rico??? It will be used for that as well.:)

ID-YFZracer-BE
08-10-2004, 08:37 PM
you guys r just lucky i decided to run pro

QuadJunkies
08-11-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by ID-YFZracer-BE
you guys r just lucky i decided to run pro yeah...........Way to go Brian.......I was looking forward to us lining up again together like last winter too...:( ;)

BlueZ440
08-11-2004, 07:36 AM
you guys r just lucky i decided to run pro

that's a good thing..Now I can come and take the title

I better get on my hip Waders..............

The chit is getting deep in here...........:rolleyes: :o :p LOL!!

BTW...Troy is racing my quad on Sat at Mnt Home and the Middlton crew will do there darndest to be there as well........

QuadJunkies
08-11-2004, 09:20 AM
that's a good thing..Now I can come and take the title..At least you didn't stay in the beg class long enought to win a sh*t lots of trophy.Well as far as I know.. some of this riders stay in the beg class just to win when they know they are ready to run PRO...

I cant think of one rider we have out there right now thats sand baggin......:huh

If anything........... MAYBE we have a few B class that should actually be C class..This would leave more room for a B class rider to improve when they are not ready for PRO....The problem is we just dont have enough riders in the area to slpit up the classes to make them appropriate classes:(

QuadJunkies
08-11-2004, 09:26 AM
that's a good thing..Now I can come and take the title.. ...

Ok now....I better get on my Hip waders........

The chit is getting deep in here!!!!..........:rolleyes: :o :p lol..

btw./Troy will be racing on Sat on my quad..This would be a goo time to try out the new CDI . Troy got his Preddy all torn down and go in this next week for PC,hes going to sand blast in tonight or tomorrow hopefully and color samples should be here anyday for the seat cover and plastic.

BlueZ440
08-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Ok now....I better get on my Hip waders........

The chit is getting deep in here!!!!..........:rolleyes: :o :p lol..

btw./Troy will be racing on Sat on my quad..This would be a goo time to try out the new CDI . Troy got his Preddy all torn down and go in this next week for PC,hes going to sand blast in tonight or tomorrow hopefully and color samples should be here anyday for the seat cover and plastic.

So what type of cdi did u get?? Troy on your quad at mt.home:D
Is he racing Pro? I know that Lance is out of town but his trying to make it. I don't know about the other pro riders. I know Curtis is going and me..hey you should give that kid with the predator a call.He said he wants to do MX.

ID-YFZracer-BE
08-11-2004, 09:56 PM
i can only race one of the races:( idk what one i wanna do yet

QuadJunkies
08-12-2004, 12:12 AM
Is he racing Pro? I know that Lance is out of town but his trying to make it. I don't know about the other pro riders. I know Curtis is going and me..hey you should give that kid with the predator a call.He said he wants to do MX. I forgot about him!!!! Will you do me a favor and remind me on Fri. to call him!!??? IVe been overwhelmed with work and running with my head cutt off all day that I may space it.......:confused: I think Craig may come if hes into town in time, he said he might misss practice but should make the race in Mnt. Home ..... We wont be coming to the OMC race on Sun. that track is not all that great with my shocks and I woikr that day too....:( Im sure Troy will run Pro on mine since thats what he is signed up for even though he may not place well with those big dogs on the track on my quad,but he wants to get out there so he wont be too russty for WORCS race next month......But if no other quads show for Pro, then it will prol. be open class......

Brain~~~you should race Sat. night that track seems to hold alot better than OMC track and looks like a somewhat good turn out if the Middleton crew shows as well!!!

BlueZ440
08-12-2004, 07:47 AM
I forgot about him!!!! Will you do me a favor and remind me on Fri. to call him!!??? IVe been overwhelmed with work and running with my head cutt off all day that I may space it.......:confused: I think Craig may come if hes into town in time, he said he might misss practice but should make the race in Mnt. Home ..... We wont be coming to the OMC race on Sun. that track is not all that great with my shocks and I woikr that day too....:( Im sure Troy will run Pro on mine since thats what he is signed up for even though he may not place well with those big dogs on the track on my quad,but he wants to get out there so he wont be too russty for WORCS race next month......But if no other quads show for Pro, then it will prol. be open class......

Brain~~~you should race Sat. night that track seems to hold alot better than OMC track and looks like a somewhat good turn out if the Middleton crew shows as well!!!

I will remind you on friday..Man if you think OMC track is bad on your shocks wait until mt.home...everyone bottoms out..even the big dogs..Mt home is a sweet track but it's brutal on the quad. Hey Brian Curtis said if is a money thing, that he will spot u, that way we can have more racer's out there. He called me yesterday.
see yall out in mexico city..(mt home)

ID-YFZracer-BE
08-12-2004, 07:37 PM
i decided to race saturday but i like the omc track its awesome when its rough.

Natertot426ex
08-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Great pictures!! Sorry I have been such a lamer and not making it out to the races. :( I plan on it soon though. I can brag to you tina that I am going to the dunes this weekend!!!!! We leave tomorrow and coming back on monday. I will get some good pictures of Jericho for you guys.

QuadJunkies
08-13-2004, 12:31 AM
Is he racing Pro? I know that Lance is out of town but his trying to make it. I don't know about the other pro riders. I know Curtis is going and me..hey you should give that kid with the predator a call.He said he wants to do MX. Have you ran MX at OMCsummer track yet???? That track ahs some NASTY holes in it last race...........

I got a GTThunder..I got two of them to try and Ill decide which one after testing them both........

QuadJunkies
08-13-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
Great pictures!! Sorry I have been such a lamer and not making it out to the races. :( I plan on it soon though. I can brag to you tina that I am going to the dunes this weekend!!!!! We leave tomorrow and coming back on monday. I will get some good pictures of Jericho for you guys. I was thining you already went?????:confused: oh please....take me with you!!!!!!:blah: Have fun and be safe Nate..;)

BlueZ440
08-13-2004, 11:27 AM
Have you ran MX at OMCsummer track yet???? That track ahs some NASTY holes in it last race...........

I got a GTThunder..I got two of them to try and Ill decide which one after testing them both........

I haven't raced out there yet but I did go and fck around about a month ago with one of my friends. I don't compare omc and mt home. gtthunder huh...what's the rpm set at...1000 over stock??

ID-YFZracer-BE
08-13-2004, 11:30 AM
i liked it it was fun rough

QuadJunkies
08-13-2004, 12:47 PM
I haven't raced out there yet but I did go and fck around about a month ago with one of my friends. I don't compare omc and mt home. gtthunder huh...what's the rpm set at...1000 over stock?? Its a bit more than 1000rpms....:devil:

QuadJunkies
08-13-2004, 12:47 PM
I haven't raced out there yet but I did go and fck around about a month ago with one of my friends. I don't compare omc and mt home. gtthunder huh...what's the rpm set at...1000 over stock?? Its a bit more than 1000rpms....:devil:

QuadJunkies
08-13-2004, 12:48 PM
i liked it it was fun rough Dude.....you crack me up......

ID-YFZracer-BE
08-13-2004, 12:57 PM
the whooped out straights were the greatest

QuadJunkies
08-13-2004, 01:50 PM
the whooped out straights were the greatest actually I was waiting for you to ay the mud was the best.....It did have a positive side to it ........:o

ID-YFZracer-BE
08-13-2004, 02:13 PM
im not joking i did like the roughness of the track

BlueZ440
08-13-2004, 06:22 PM
im not joking i did like the roughness of the track

i'm guessing u haven't gone down yet. and if you have, not hard enough...

seven
08-13-2004, 06:52 PM
My opinion is if you practice on a rough track your endurance will be that much better on race day when its smooth. Back when I was racing all the time I would hit the track up 2 times a week just to build endurance. One of theses days I would like to hit the track up again on race day! I havent raced since 2001. I am starting to get the bug again. Last time I was wanting to race I broke both wrists though!

ID-YFZracer-BE
08-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by seven
My opinion is if you practice on a rough track your endurance will be that much better on race day when its smooth. Back when I was racing all the time I would hit the track up 2 times a week just to build endurance. One of theses days I would like to hit the track up again on race day! I havent raced since 2001. I am starting to get the bug again. Last time I was wanting to race I broke both wrists though!

i agree

QuadJunkies
08-13-2004, 08:25 PM
My opinion is if you practice on a rough track your endurance will be that much better on race day when its smooth. Back when I was racing all the time I would hit the track up 2 times a week just to build endurance. One of theses days I would like to hit the track up again on race day! I havent raced since 2001. I am starting to get the bug again. Last time I was wanting to race I broke both wrists though! and a good set of shocks dont hurt either !!!!!!:o :p :blah:

seven
08-13-2004, 09:04 PM
To REALLY build up your endurance you need to take out your shocks completly and run steel tube in its place. You ride like that for a week then put your shocks back on and it will feel like a dream

ID-YFZracer-BE
08-13-2004, 09:06 PM
To REALLY build up your endurance you need to take out your shocks completly and run steel tube in its place. You ride like that for a week then put your shocks back on and it will feel like a dream

lol :)

BlueZ440
08-13-2004, 09:25 PM

You are right about the endurance..but when do Quads have a smooth track..We always go last on race day

seven
08-14-2004, 08:54 AM
Omc had been pretty good last time I wa there. We got to race first in the main races. I know pleasnat valley ran quads last though.

QuadJunkies
08-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Omc had been pretty good last time I wa there. We got to race first in the main races. I know pleasnat valley ran quads last though. OMC was REALLY great about us getting to practice first!!!!!!!!!

So we all could shovel mud for the bikes.........:rolleyes: ITs a hit and miss on when they let the quads run first I guess at all the tracks....