PDA

View Full Version : Aww Damn!

Big400EX
08-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Today I was riding at a creek on my Recon, it was all going good. We were going up and down banks fine. Well I took a break and my friend was riding in the creek and it looked fun so I decided to join him. I was going down the bank sideways when all of a sudden my quad lost balance, it went on 2 wheels and tipped over to the right, I jumped off but the handlebars still managed to get caught on my shirt and cause a friction burn.

My quad rolled over onto the top end (resting on the handle bars and the rear rack). Well it stalled out and I flipped it over in a matter of time but I was a little shaken cause I thought I messed it up but luckily I managed not to break the quad, or myself. Good thing I didn't get pinned under it cause we were in the creek and none of my friends were paying attention. :blah:

Thats my story for today.

lol
08-06-2004, 10:49 PM
happy to hear tht nthin happened to it, i have been less lucky with rollin my quads :(

Big400EX
08-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Yeah today in the same spot I got stung by a bee, I was coming up the bank this time and my rear brake lever got stuck on the root so I jumped off and tried to pick it up off of it but it wouldn't budge when I noticed a swarm of bees coming out of a hole in the ground, then one stung my ankle. I think that spot is bad luck for me:o

hondarider2006
08-07-2004, 11:00 PM
Sounds like you need a new place to go riding......like a farm, nothing but flat land.

Big400EX
08-09-2004, 11:24 PM
There still is a chance to fall into a hole or have a bee sting you though:p

Striker49
08-09-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Big400EX
I noticed a swarm of bees coming out of a hole in the ground, then one stung my ankle.

I also ran into this problem with a nest of yeller jackets last week. I was looking at a hill to climb on the Recon and needless to say, they didnt appreciate the noise emminating from the beast. I got stung and then run away on the quad very quickly. :p
Good to hear ya didnt get hurt, couldve been alot worse. :)

Mxjunkie
08-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Yeah today in the same spot I got stung by a bee, I was coming up the bank this time and my rear brake lever got stuck on the root so I jumped off and tried to pick it up off of it but it wouldn't budge when I noticed a swarm of bees coming out of a hole in the ground, then one stung my ankle. I think that spot is bad luck for me:o

theres a big nest of yellow jackets right by my bmx jumps, needless to say last night i got attacked by about all of them lol. i guess i ran over the hole or something but ive never had much luck on those jumps, maybe they r bad luck for me also:o

Big400EX
08-10-2004, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I still went back to that place although I was a bit more careful this time going down the bank and by the nest.:devil:

chucked
08-10-2004, 07:35 PM

I got stung 13 times friday making a new trail. Then once later that night in a different area, then 1 more time the following day in the same spot I was stung 13 times because I was killing the entire nest, in a furious fireball of destruction.

08-10-2004, 07:36 PM
iv'e never been stung before by a bee

Big400EX
08-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Woah, how are you feeling? I heard that you should go to the doctors if you get stung more then 7 or 8 times. Get better man.

cool 300ex
08-10-2004, 08:57 PM
Close call be more careful....

lol
08-10-2004, 09:15 PM
i got stung in the eyelid when i was younger and i got stung on the ***** earlier this year:o

Striker49
08-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by chucked
I got stung 13 times friday making a new trail. Then once later that night in a different area, then 1 more time the following day in the same spot I was stung 13 times because I was killing the entire nest, in a furious fireball of destruction.

Its fun playing with gas and yellow jackets isnt it? :devil: Needless to say Ive been there, done that, and lost the gas can in the process. :blah:

chucked
08-11-2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by Striker49
Its fun playing with gas and yellow jackets isnt it? :devil: Needless to say Ive been there, done that, and lost the gas can in the process. :blah:

no it was starting fluid

Stevie-D
08-11-2004, 09:05 AM
ahh...starter fluid..the great redneck blowtorch:D

fastblaster2002
08-11-2004, 09:34 AM
yeah glad to hear your alright...

no offense but..how do you just get shooken up over a little spill...it might be worse than it sounds but....ive flipped my quads 4-5 times...and last time i broke my ankle off a jump where my leg went under then it rolled on me...i never get shooken up...or scared

ive went into ditches, crash landing on a jump, up hills, all kinds...

chucked
08-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by fastblaster2002
yeah glad to hear your alright...

no offense but..how do you just get shooken up over a little spill...it might be worse than it sounds but....ive flipped my quads 4-5 times...and last time i broke my ankle off a jump where my leg went under then it rolled on me...i never get shooken up...or scared

ive went into ditches, crash landing on a jump, up hills, all kinds...

hes a rookie..... I usually wreck once every ride, once I crash twice i take it very easy because its the 3rd time I break a bone or a part.

stace609
08-11-2004, 03:04 PM
Today I was riding at a creek on my Recon, it was all going good. We were going up and down banks fine. Well I took a break and my friend was riding in the creek and it looked fun so I decided to join him. I was going down the bank sideways when all of a sudden my quad lost balance, it went on 2 wheels and tipped over to the right, I jumped off but the handlebars still managed to get caught on my shirt and cause a friction burn.

My quad rolled over onto the top end (resting on the handle bars and the rear rack). Well it stalled out and I flipped it over in a matter of time but I was a little shaken cause I thought I messed it up but luckily I managed not to break the quad, or myself. Good thing I didn't get pinned under it cause we were in the creek and none of my friends were paying attention. :blah:

Thats my story for today. That is Recon tough right there /\ :macho :cool: :)