PDA

View Full Version : had to put the dog to sleep today

deathman53
08-06-2004, 04:18 PM
had to put my dog to sleep today, he hasn't been right for the past three days(didn't want to play, eat, drink). my mom calls me up when I was at work and tells we need to take the dog to the vet. I get home and he is just sitting there, no barking(usaully always barking). His was shaking and had problems breathing, get to the vet, they put him on oxygen and tells us his heart is going downhill. they begin to tell us about surgery, cardiac medacine and then he asks how much money we have, we said not much and he says that they probably can stabilize him, but once the heart goes its not worth it. I told him partially crying to put him out of his misery, He said he thought that was the best course of action unless you wanted to spend alot of money for it to happen enventually, maybe a week, could be a month, but he's not gonna be the same and will be in misery.
We go into the operating room and he's looking at us, almost begging to be put out. the vet asks me if I'm sure I want to do that(my mom is toatllly in tears), I said yes, even if we can save him, he's not the same dog and no need for him to suffer. The vet waited a half hour to do it(we wanted to say our goodbye's to him). The vet gives me the forms to sign, I held him while the vet pumped to serum in and just as he went out the he looked me in the eye. I was very sad, but in a way relieved as he is out of his misery. he was 12 yrs old, now the house is quiet as the othe dog we have doesn't bark alot and sleeps alot(she is 15 yrs old). I'm wanting to suprise my mom with puppy, but the other dog wouldn't be able to take it.

Fender Bender
08-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Suck...

Sorry to hear that

08-06-2004, 04:21 PM
that sucks man...about 7 years ago I got 2 full bred golden retriever puppys & brought them home.. 3 years later one of them got lymphnoma cancer & died very quickly & we had to put him to sleep. My other one I still have & is now 7 or so & has a huge fatty lump on his side. Come to find out earlier this year these people that have these puppies are having ALOT of them fro mthe same 2 dogs to make money so the dogs are having problems. This is almost like animal cruelty.

AtvMxRider
08-06-2004, 04:52 PM
Man that sucks. Sorry to hear that. My Dad's dog is going threw the same thing. They have him a medicine right now but I am waiting anyday for him to go:( . he is almost 17yrs old

4wheelboy
08-06-2004, 11:18 PM
that sucks dude i had to put my cat out before thta i got wen i was like 6 i was sooo sad. its just not the same with out him:(

diesel-mech
08-06-2004, 11:25 PM
Man I'm so sorry for you! Nothing hurts like having to put down your best friend:(

Hammer trx450r
08-07-2004, 05:47 AM
The needle is an overdose of mophine. So your buddy felt no pain and I'm sure he is thanking you for taking him and staying with him until the end. In the last 15 yrs i've had to put down 4 rottwielers 1 neo mastiff 1 pug and 2 yorkies and it still is one of the hardest thing to go through.

Guy400
08-07-2004, 06:45 AM
I had to have our Staffordshire Terrier and Doberman put down. While it's tough to do, watching the process really shows you how humane it is. Much better than having them die slowly of some illness.

Hammer trx450r
08-07-2004, 07:37 AM
i actually feel lucky when something strikes them to where the choice is easy. Making that desision while my boy was still licking my face wasn't easy

lol
08-07-2004, 08:44 AM
man i feel bad for u buddy, my dog is ten and i really wish i will never have to do that:(

Honda400exrox
08-10-2004, 01:23 PM
my dad shot my kitty with the 22 wen i was little but he shoots them all when there going to die:(

biskitt30
08-10-2004, 01:41 PM
sucks...sorry to hear that.

I know some people feel stupid if they cry because their pet dies, but how could you not, it's like a member of the family (that you actually like) that's around for 15 years.
I remember when they had to put my dog to sleep, I was like 21, I found out when I got home from work...I was numb for weeks, the house just wasnt the same without her.

08-10-2004, 02:53 PM
:(

stiffy
08-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Geez ya made me cry:( I'm sorry you had to do that. Just remember the good times. I don't know what I would do if I had to make that choice I feel sad when I can't hang out with my dogs all day. (2 Jack Russells)

stupid driver
08-10-2004, 07:57 PM
having to put a pet down is one of the hardest things i can think of to experience. IM sry to hear about your loss

gyt-r450
08-10-2004, 09:06 PM
that suxs man:(

quadfamily
08-10-2004, 11:08 PM
we just had to have our dog put down on Monday. Charlie was a 15 year old collie who was failing is more than one way and his quality of life went way downhill to the point that he was suffering. I know how you feel man. No matter how much we know it's the right decision it just doesn't make it easier. My wife couldn't even go to the vet with me but all 3 kids did. Talk about a room full of tears (including mine)! It just sucks to lose a pet. Hang in there!

4wheelboy
08-11-2004, 01:23 AM
deathamn if it makes ya feal any better your sick On your atc. your getitng higher then most quads jumping the plunges at etown.:eek2: I met u before at chatsworth and at etown when me and my firend were rididng are xr50s and were siting behind the table tops at etown:)

deathman53
08-11-2004, 04:35 PM
I want to go riding this weekend, but again its something else, two storms one friday another sundy last weekend e-town closed and chatts a zoo and too late to leave for rausch. the remains of the dog arrived the other day, its gonna stay closed. the other dog is looking for him. I think she misses him. I'm sure I'll see you guys next weekend at e-town, thanks for the replys