PDA

View Full Version : Houser or JB

quallerd
08-06-2004, 09:02 AM
I'm trying to get the general concensus of the group on this one; which is a better set of long travel a-arms, Houser or JB. These will be mainly for riding MX, but I still do some trail and dune riding as well. I was looking at getting the +3.

BIGBLOCKBILL
08-06-2004, 06:43 PM
Houser doesn't make a plus 3,plus 2 only. Plenty wide enough for MX. They both make great products but I would give Houser the edge.

Ty's400
08-06-2004, 10:00 PM
You can't go wrong either way. Both make great products. JB Racing is a little more known/used in mx racing but Houser is good too.

FatBoy Racing
08-06-2004, 10:56 PM
I agree, I'm sure that either one will serve you well. To this end, I've spent my money with Houser so far, and will probably continue.

Have fun!

redroost85
08-07-2004, 01:19 PM
I'd go JB just because Jody's place is fairly close to me and I believe his stuff to be the best, at least on the mx side of things.

If your two choices are Houser and JB....it's gonna be a win-win situation for ya! Both are excellent products.:cool:

Fuchs105
08-08-2004, 10:26 AM
john!!! where have ya been man????

quallerd
08-09-2004, 09:04 AM
How does everyone think that either of these two (JB or Houser) compare to Walsh? There is a fairly big difference in price: Walsh $1,267.90 and Houser $850. That's almost $420!!!:eek: Also, where is the best place to purchase both the Houser and/or the JB arms. Golden West Cycle is running a special on the Houser's rite now: $1899 for long-travel a-arms with Elka quad rate, compression adjustable shocks.:D

roostin_dale
08-09-2004, 09:42 AM
Walsh has a small edge on houser...you will notice a difference in the two, but for the price go with houser.

Im getting ready to order a houser/elka fornt and rear end along with a Houser stem...

Dave400ex
08-09-2004, 10:39 AM
I would choose Houser over JB at this point just because of the Houser LT rear setup on the 450r.

Badger_Skid
08-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Houser, no question.

If money is not an issue I'd seriously consider Roll Design, their designs, materials, and quality are top notch. You might pay a bit more but what you get in return is worth the price.

My $.02

quallerd
08-09-2004, 06:57 PM
After talking with Golden West, they explained to me that the Elka's that they are including with the package are not rebound adjustable. Is this a big deal???:confused: I don't want to pay good money for something that I may not be happy with in the future? Instead, I'd rather buy the same package from Houser directly and pay the extra ~$250ish for Elka's that are both compression AND rebound adjustable. Golden West did state that because the shocks that they are using are not rebound adjustable that you are actually getting an additional inch of travel!:p What does everyone think????

roostin_dale
08-09-2004, 10:22 PM
If your a good rider and know about suspension, yes you will want rebound. I am very picky about my shocks and mess with rebound alot...

stephiesjeffy
08-09-2004, 11:22 PM
I like the houser also just the overall look. And they look great but what a-arms and shocks give alittle more travel at least 2 more inches for mx it does need more travel? Ive seen quite a few pictures of them and they have alot more

quallerd
08-16-2004, 06:17 PM
No dude, you misunderstood. I wasn't saying that the long travel Housers were going to give an additional inche (total) of travel over the stock a-arms. What I was saying was that the Elka long travel shocks without the rebound adjustment would give you an additional 1 inch of travel over the same shocks that had the rebound adjustment. Make sense? Atleast that is what the guys at Golden West Cycle were trying to convince me. Does anybody know if this is true???:confused:

gibson400ex
08-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Call Walsh or Herrmann

Both Great Companys

walsh/elka
walsh/pep
walsh/tcs
walsh/axis

herrmann/elka
herrmann/axis
herrmann/pep
herrmann/tcs

quallerd
08-16-2004, 08:27 PM
How do the Houser's compare to Walsh. From what I've been hearing Walsh is the chit for the 450r!!!! Nothing else compares!!!! However, are they $400+ better???? Has anybody seen them side by side?

gibson400ex
08-16-2004, 08:32 PM
well there are people who race here at our local series who have both on a 450r and i think the Walsh on a 450r look better on a 450r,

i cannot tell you how they ride though or how houser rides on a 450r.

But i can tell you how Walsh is on a 250r with a blaster motor in it,

IT IS GREAT!!!!!!!

rowlrag
08-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by quallerd
No dude, you misunderstood. I wasn't saying that the long travel Housers were going to give an additional inche (total) of travel over the stock a-arms. What I was saying was that the Elka long travel shocks without the rebound adjustment would give you an additional 1 inch of travel over the same shocks that had the rebound adjustment. Make sense? Atleast that is what the guys at Golden West Cycle were trying to convince me. Does anybody know if this is true???:confused:
Actually that is true, the rebound adjust takes away roughly 1 inch of shock on the compression stroke, the overall length fo a given application are the same but once the aduster is added it takes away. Now i don't know how much actuall wheel travel you'll loose on a +2 or 3 arm but the adjusttment is extremely nice to have.