PDA

View Full Version : BIG DECISION.. help

redrider311
08-05-2004, 08:18 PM
ok heres the deal... on saturday im buying a 400ex... and i need help deciding on which one..

heres the 2... their both 2500

an 00 ..with nerfs.. bumper.. exhuast.. filter.. jet.. and tires all the way around..(he didnt tell me what kind)

a 99.. with 416 kit.. works all the way around.. +3 LSR swingarm... oversize gas tank.. holeshots all the way around.. full exhaust.. filter.. jet.. bumper.. nerfs.. and grab-bar.. handle bars.. killswitch.. new chain..it has been raced.. and the 416 kits been in for 2 years..

which do you think is a better deal.. i know the 2nd one is my favorite.. but do you think the reliability is waay down.. i mean its been raced... but the guy said it runs great and the frames in great shape...

like i said BIIG decision

any help would be great

USAMoto00
08-06-2004, 05:19 PM
I say look at both of them and listen to them run if possible. Check the frames real well around the shock mount area's and peg mount locations. Those are the area's most prone to stress cracks and breakage. From their, it's your personal preference.

44oEX
08-07-2004, 06:10 PM
well all the extra parts on the 2nd one are a couple of grand that you would have to add to the 1st one.

and even if the motor is shot you can put some rings and valve seal for like 50$ ( no labor if you do it yourself )
and you can even change the piston for alot less the some shocks. and you don't normaly have to. Just the rings would do the trick. And the motor could still be good.

Get the 2nd one

quadman22
08-07-2004, 07:23 PM
like USA said... check them both but it sounds to me that i'd go with the 416 just cause it has so much money in extras