PDA

View Full Version : Parking Brake?

Punk'd
08-05-2004, 06:30 PM
I am haveing some troubles with my parking brake. I go to lock it and when you unlock it the brakes are locked and wont move? So I went around back and I pulled the spring with the cable threw it and it unlocked. So I was thinking maybe to spray it with wd-40. What do you all think?/ anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

416rider
08-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Take it off and get a block off for it.:devil:

RedRaider
08-05-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by 416rider
Take it off and get a block off for it.:devil:
Exactly what i was getting ready to say.

08-05-2004, 09:06 PM
take that POS off

Wayne64SS
08-06-2004, 06:35 AM
NAH MAN DONT LISTEN TO THESE GUYS. WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS PULL THE SPRING AND BOLT OFF... THEN REMOVE THAT RUBBER COVER ON TEH CALIPER. INSIDE YOU WILL FIND A CORKSCREW LOOKIN THING AND WHAT IS AHPPENING IS THAT WHEN YOU SET YOUR EBRAKE IT IS JAMMING ON THE INSIDE OF THE CALIPER CAUSE IT IS ADJUST IN TO CLOSE. YOU NEED TO TURN THET CORKSCREW SO IT IS OUT MORE THEN PUT THE BOOT BACK ON AND LINE UP THAT CABLE W/SPRING NUT PUT THE BOLT THROUGH AND ADJUST IT SO IT JUST TOUCHES AND HAS A TINY BIT OF FREEPLAY.... YOU'LL SEE WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT ONCE YOU DO IT A FEW TIMES.... ITS A ***** I LEARNED ON MY 300 AND THESE HONDAS ARE ALL THE SAME. ITS A STUPID SETUP AND IT SUCKS AND YOU WILL ADJUST IT PROLLY EVERY TIME YOU RIDE. BUT DESPITE WHAT EVERYONE HERE SAYS I WILL NEVER TAKE IT OFF. HOPE THIS HELPS AND I KNOW ALREADY (CAPS) BUT IM AT WORK AND IT DOESNT COME OFF CAUSE OF THE SOFTWARE WE USE. HOPE THIS HELPS

08-06-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Wayne64SS
HOPE THIS HELPS AND I KNOW ALREADY (CAPS) BUT IM AT WORK AND IT DOESNT COME OFF CAUSE OF THE SOFTWARE WE USE. HOPE THIS HELPS rofl...ok. if you want to always use your parking break it drags your breaks while yoru riding & cause premature break pad wear when it is adjusted properly like wayne says....I just use 1st gear as my parking break

1badex
08-06-2004, 07:09 AM
1st gear as a brake has never let me down.:D

MY450R
08-06-2004, 08:28 AM
mine never works anyway
ive adjusted it 2 times already

Wayne64SS
08-06-2004, 09:10 AM
IF YOU ADJUST IT RIGHT IT WONT DRAG ;) BUT IT NEVER STAYS ADJUSTED PROPERLY .. ITS A REALLY STUPID SETUP HONDA SHOUDL TAKE A LESSON FROM YAMMY THEY HAVE COOL EBRAKES

08-06-2004, 10:53 AM
the brake is a cheap design just put there b/c of law & insurance reasons....if it wasnt there & your quad rlled down a hil lyou could sue

Punk'd
08-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Yes, it is very crappy but insted of going threw all that trouble I guess I will use 1st gear.

Does it work good?

1badex
08-06-2004, 01:25 PM
i have depended on it for about a year now with no problems.if you wanted to you could get a velcro watch band and put it on your front brake when you need it(a little trick when i used to ride dirtbikes)

08-06-2004, 02:42 PM
first gear is the best...as long as you dont get o na real steep hill & jump up & down on it yu should be fine

tl241
08-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Do not trailer your quad in gear. It beats up the tranny even if it is tied down good. The velcro on the front brake is a good idea when hauling your quad if you dont have the parking brake. I put a stiffer spring on mine to fix the problem of it not releasing.