PDA

View Full Version : injur advice?

Honda4trax250x
08-05-2004, 02:06 PM
today i got my hand crushed in my dads tailgate. i have a fractured thumb at the bottom, right near my wrist.

i have this stupid cast thing on

what do you guys do to keep yourself occupied when u are without a right hand lol

and did anyone ever have a similar injury? if so how long did it take to heal?

thanks
mike

southbeach14
08-05-2004, 02:08 PM
try to use your left:devil:

kamikaze_rzrbak
08-05-2004, 02:33 PM
i had a broken wrist and i was in a cast for 9 weeks 6 of those weeks it was a full arm cast so i couldnt move my elbow. i just learned how to type with one hand and how to play playstation with one hand. you'll get used to it. it wont be fun but you'll get used to it.

JR3
08-05-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by kamikaze_rzrbak
i had a broken wrist and i was in a cast for 9 weeks 6 of those weeks it was a full arm cast so i couldnt move my elbow. i just learned how to type with one hand and how to play playstation with one hand. you'll get used to it. it wont be fun but you'll get used to it.

yup 9 weeks same here get a girlfriend:eek2:

SRH
08-05-2004, 05:11 PM
cut the cast off after a week and tape it..

chad cavagnaro
08-05-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by SRH
cut the cast off after a week and tape it..

thats for poeple wit not much brains. they put casts on for a reason. usually so ur hand will heal write!! if you take it off your thumb might not be able to grip your handlebar enough to ride good again so please dont listen to stupid advise, protect your thumb, you only got 1 more.

Pvt. Maggot
08-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by kamikaze_rzrbak

same here man...i rode 2 days after i got my cast..i had to go like..4 days without a cast cuz i had to go get surgery..then they put the full arm cast on..and i was out 2 days later riding..so..its possible to do..:) it sucks when it starts itchin and stuff though...owwies. :o

Freestylemxr
08-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Don't push your limits, a couple of weeks could end up being months if you don't let it heal properly. Whenever i have a cast I usually just work on my quad and 50 :p

kamikaze_rzrbak
08-06-2004, 12:40 AM
when i got my cast off i had a huge build up of dead skin right were my wrist starts and thumb ends, it was as thick as a nickel:eek2: the guy who cut it off said mine was one of the worst smelling cast's he's seen:muscle:

santor
08-06-2004, 12:48 AM
As of right now my left thumb is fractured down by my wrist... this is my second time doing this...:mad: it will be on for 4 weeks at the least.. in the mean time go out and get your quad looking nice:D

MY450R
08-06-2004, 07:17 AM
i broke my thumb in exactly the same place and it took a little while for it to heal but i cut the cast off in like 3 weeks and it was fine

bigblock
08-06-2004, 07:37 AM
I shattered my thumb sounds like the same place...Unfortunatly
I had to have surgery with pins sticking out for 8 weeks.......
it was a solid month of after that till I was even close to 100%
but I did ride the weekend I got the pins out:)