PDA

View Full Version : Sand Mountain - August 21 work day

Crowdog
08-05-2004, 09:08 AM
August 21st at Sand Mountain - early AM.

We are going to be installing some fencing in a few areas to better define where some of the trail intersections are. Need to keep folks on the BLM designated trails or they are going to close all of the trails.

We could use some help. Probably work just in the morning before it gets too hot, then chill in the shade until we are ready for some riding.

If you can come out and lend a hand, please do so. This type of volunteer work will make a big difference in how the BLM works with us in the future. We need to show them that we are willing to help...

I'll be in the Weekend Warrior & white/tan Ford crew cab with "Crowley Offroad" on the back.

Post up here if you can make it.

Jon

wilkin250r
08-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Jon, I haven't gotten my hands dirty in the fight yet, but I've been watching it. It's about time I got involved instead of just sitting on the sidelines watching it all happen.

I'll do everything I can to be there!

Crowdog
08-05-2004, 07:03 PM
It would be great to meet you finally. Don't worry, they'll be time to play afterwards.

I am putting my 450R back together with a CRF cam and a JE 13:1 piston tomorrow.:devil:

Jon

gotsand400
08-10-2004, 08:09 PM
Wish i could be there but it looks like i going to miss it by
a week. I going up there this weekend and I can't change
the plans. So have fun and ride safe.

Crowdog
08-16-2004, 09:43 PM
wilkin250r:

We've got things all lined up. Please try to make it. I should be there Friday afternoon. Probably park up front near the kiosk. We plan to start work early Saturday.

If you have (or can get) a t-post slammer, please bring it.

Jon

wilkin250r
08-17-2004, 08:47 AM
Things are looking very well for me to make it early on Saturday. How do I locate you? Will you have banner or something easy to find and identify?

I think I have a T-post slammer, I'll be sure to bring it.

Crowdog
08-17-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Things are looking very well for me to make it early on Saturday. How do I locate you? Will you have banner or something easy to find and identify?

I think I have a T-post slammer, I'll be sure to bring it.

We should be parked up front by the kiosk. I have a white/tan Ford crew cab and a Weekend Warrior with a "Crowley Offroad" sticker on the back. I will have a 400EX and a 450R with me. I may be camping next to a guy with a 40' diesel pusher and a huge stacker trailer (hard to miss him).

Here's a picture of my rig:
http://www.crowley-offroad.com/images/weekendwarrior.jpg

I should be there Friday afternoon. We'll start work early on Saturday.

See you there,

Jon