PDA

View Full Version : my new 450r from norway in europe

kjettro
08-05-2004, 04:00 AM
Hello guys i`m from norway in europe, and here quads are a rare sight anywere i bring it, it`s only motocross here, belive it or not.
We are a few guys who got quads and wanna ride them at the mx tracks here but so far only my lockal track let us ride, cause i`m a full mx racer.
My friends have raced quads for a year now, and they have been telling me that i must try one, so when i was in florida in may i brought a brand new trx450r home.

But as all of you guys, i want more power since my crf`s got plenty more. I have made a exhaust system from a carbon ducati 916 roadbike slipon system and it worked nice, but i need more air i think, and i race crf`s with a pretty good sponsorship, so i can get the crf piston and cam for free i think,will they work?
What about jetting?
Any input will be good

Greetings from your new member from norway.

P.S I also race sleds, so quads is good training for me.

my quad with my own exhaust system (http://www.kjettro.com/quad.htm)

BSTURDIVANT
08-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Can the air box lid and replace with aftermarket filter such as Sparks then re-jet to 185,190.

SandDuner
08-05-2004, 03:50 PM
welcome to the fourm:D Nice 450r that is cool how u did your pipe is it loud.:p

kjettro
08-05-2004, 05:10 PM
The pipe sounds almost as a stock crf 450, crisp at the bottom and barky at the top.

Working on some more mods now, but i have to make all of the myselves cause there is no atv parts dealer in Norway.

working on a steering dampner, a bar riser, changing bars, and maybe some fully adjustable öhlins shocks

casidk
08-05-2004, 11:49 PM
Hello kjettro
about steering dampner try Benny Mortensen in SWEDEN
carina.mortensen@lanthandeln.alvhem.ica.se
Race in Sweden Helsinborg 21-8-2004
you can find more under our side www.asqrt.dk - links- Helsingborg Motorklub

kgbg
08-06-2004, 04:39 PM
kjettro, awesome website you have. I wish I could read Norweigen (sp?). You have some awesome toys and looks like some good times as well.
I like the "spy" photos of your turbo REV.
Very Cool.

kjettro
08-07-2004, 12:55 AM
Thanks, one has to keep up with the toys or one will get old to fast, the turbo rev is one it`s way this winter, maybe hitting the 300 bhp magic limit on race fuel in the snocross chassie this season

Just got öhlins front shocks for the sled this week.

let the fun begin

drthrottle
08-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Are you familiar with MIG I may be able to help you out. Check this out.
http://www.getusum.net/images/trxpipe2.jpg

SandDuner
08-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Man that is crazy how u guys are doing that with different pipes like that......:devil: Did u guys notice any power gain and drthrottle is your pipe loud?:D

drthrottle
08-08-2004, 10:41 AM
I had HRC and this makes that a joke. I made it rebuildable so I pack it quieter for riding areas, and wide open, nascar, you can feel it in your chest roar on the race track. Loudest thing I've heard. Just make the parts that make it work.

SandDuner
08-08-2004, 01:11 PM
that is sweeeeeeet:p what other parts are u going to make for your 450r. Is it louder than a sparks do u think. How much did it cost u to do that? wish i would of thought of that for my 450r but i already have a hmf.

drthrottle
08-08-2004, 07:34 PM
The pipe come off my totaled Honda RVT 1000r or RC51. I went down @ 100+ on the highway and bought it back, sentimental value. I ordered these pipes form France in 2001 when the bike was new because no one had developed them yet. Think almost any pipe can be adapted. Also moved my controls off my bars. And, made open element air filters work. A-arms from 400ex, and CRF 450 stuff.

SandDuner
08-08-2004, 09:08 PM
coool:D is it pretty loud............:devil:

joe1l
08-09-2004, 11:01 AM
so i can get the crf piston and cam for free i think,will they work?

The piston is the wrong size for the TRX, and the cam does not work well either in the TRX. Try to get your hands on an HRC kit, i'm sure you will like the cam and jetting setup coupled with your home made pipe!
Joe

drthrottle
08-09-2004, 04:19 PM
I tried the 04 CRF and HRC. HRC does better on the dyno and in the sand. CRF is better on the track with more bottom and mid. CRF also seems to revv quite a bit faster.

drthrottle
08-09-2004, 04:21 PM
I not really getting the a-arms to work that well though. Think I'm going to have to buy some good ones. So I wouldn't suggest making the same mistake.

drthrottle
08-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Real loud. I'm going to have a dyno session w/this pipe on my website prolly next week. You'll be able to hear it then. I'll start a thread when I do.

SandDuner
08-11-2004, 03:39 PM
ya please do........:D :devil: