PDA

View Full Version : 2005 400ex

400exrules
08-04-2004, 10:25 PM
Anyone heard anything about the 2005 400ex?

if there will be one?
when will it be released?
what will be changed?
how much will it be?

gratzracing24
08-04-2004, 10:27 PM
I dont remember who i heard it from but some1 said they r putting reverse on them...not sure if its true tho

Honda4trax250x
08-04-2004, 10:27 PM
450r like plastics
reverse
and even a rumor about liquid cooling (which would be nice)

400exrules
08-04-2004, 10:29 PM
reverse isnt that big a deal to me. i would just like to see liquid cooling and more agressive plastics.

but mainly, liquid cooling would really get that thing goin

08-04-2004, 10:33 PM
be careful what you wish for ;)

400exrules
08-04-2004, 10:36 PM
why be careful if someone doesnt like the new updates theres always new 04's sittin at the dealership

08-04-2004, 10:45 PM
plastics will porb. look like crap& you'll be begging for the old ones back

400exrules
08-04-2004, 10:48 PM
at first we will all hate it but well like them eventually, like i used to think the trx was ugly just like everyone else but i kinda like it now

Toadz400
08-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
plastics will porb. look like crap& you'll be begging for the old ones back

Well people are saying they are supposedly going to look like the 450R...so are you begging for your 400ex plastics back too?:p

08-04-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Well people are saying they are supposedly going to look like the 450R...so are you begging for your 400ex plastics back too?:p the 300ex is supposed to be changed too & look like a 400ex & the 250ex is supposed to look like a 300ex :eek2: :eek2: honda is awesome

400exrules
08-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
the 300ex is supposed to be changed too & look like a 400ex & the 250ex is supposed to look like a 300ex :eek2: :eek2: honda is awesome

how they doin that? changin the head lights and all?

muddy400EX
08-05-2004, 12:50 AM
i think the 400ex is one of the best looking quads out there. i dont want them to change the plastics.

08-05-2004, 01:08 AM
i hear it's going to be slow.

I believe this rumour.

Syrus
08-05-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Outrageous!

I believe this rumour.

:huh

muddy400EX
08-05-2004, 02:25 AM

I believe this rumour.

ok:huh and why are you on this site

08-05-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
how they doin that? changin the head lights and all? nah..i just made that up

TGW_400ex
08-05-2004, 07:20 AM

I believe this rumour.

your such a smarty pants

Tommy 17
08-05-2004, 08:06 AM
jumbo i see ur back to ur old ways of being a smartass that noone can stand... i thought u'd learn from gettin banned once... some people just never learn:o

Antnee77
08-05-2004, 09:43 AM
I was planning to get a used one to save myself 3 grand but now I might wait for the 05 to get reverse. I do a lot of trail riding and reverse would be spectacular! The liquid cooling and new styling cues would just be bonuses.

sam the brave
08-05-2004, 09:49 AM
u dont need reverse it juts puts extra weight on the bike and the 400 does look awsome and i hope the new parts will fit the 04s

Antnee77
08-05-2004, 09:54 AM
Well, I'm not racing it so I'm not that obsessed with weight. Do you ride trails, sam the brave? If so, where do you ride? (you're pretty close to me) Also, do you ever have trouble in the trails w/out reverse?

RH1N08d9
08-05-2004, 10:22 AM
I'd like to see liquid cooling, and some shocks with resevoirs! make it more comparable to the z/kfx's!

250EXpwns
08-05-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by sam the brave
u dont need reverse it juts puts extra weight on the bike and the 400 does look awsome and i hope the new parts will fit the 04s
Why does it matter if it has more weight if the 450r is Honda's race quad now anyway?:rolleyes: The 400ex is gonna be Honda's biggest trail quad. Unless they release a 650ex that is...:D

Punk'd
08-05-2004, 01:16 PM

I believe this rumour.

I should kick you

WOracing
08-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
I should kick you

after you kick him can i wheelie over him

sam the brave
08-05-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Antnee77
Well, I'm not racing it so I'm not that obsessed with weight. Do you ride trails, sam the brave? If so, where do you ride? (you're pretty close to me) Also, do you ever have trouble in the trails w/out reverse?
i ride the power line and there is a airstrip in the woods behind my house and it is all trails. i never need reverse i have had a bike it those trails for atleast 5 years and i have never needed reverse. i have even made it thruugh some deep water and mud with it

polabareus
08-08-2004, 05:46 AM
Uh yeah, my sister's friend whose uncle works for a japanese man that has a cousin that works as a short order cook in new jersey said that his niece married a guy that works at a honda plant in one of the carolinas. Well, he said that the 400ex is going to have some "minor" changes. He said that their going to put 300ex style plastics on it and make it 4 wheel drive. Then instead of just adding one gear for reverse their going to add 5 gears. And it's going to have hi and low gears too. It's going to have a bose stereo system and On Star. Dvd player and a cup holder, along with booster rockets that are nuclear powered. Oh, and it can fly. You can fly off to candy land on it and play shoots and ladders with honest Abe Lincoln or the easter bunny. It can drive itself and also has a great A. I. system. Infact the government ordered thousands of them to automatically register taxes next year, so they can fire most of the workers at the IRS. Soon the 400ex will grow in it's usefulness and companies will begin laying off workers by the tens of thousands only so they can save money buy using 400ex's to do their jobs at a fraction of the cost. Kerry will win the election and when he's president he will cut funding for the military until it's down to 10 guys with stun guns. This will allow the 2005 honda 400ex's to rise to power in america vurtually unopposed. Soon huge armies of the dreaded EX's will invade neighboring canada and mexico. They will move from canada to staging grounds in greenland and iceland. From their they will storm into the british isles. Having no choice the other nuclear powers in the world (including North Korea and Iran) will launch a massive nuclear strike on the USA to tactically destroy the EX juggernaught. But see honda was afraid this might happen some day, that's why they put the same technology in the 86 atc 250r's. After lying dormant for 18 years they will rise to destroy the remaining 400ex's and to restore order in a now virtually crippled America. YEAH! ATC'S ROCK!!!

TGW_400ex
08-08-2004, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by polabareus
Uh yeah, my sister's friend whose uncle works for a japanese man that has a cousin that works as a short order cook in new jersey said that his niece married a guy that works at a honda plant in one of the carolinas. Well, he said that the 400ex is going to have some "minor" changes. He said that their going to put 300ex style plastics on it and make it 4 wheel drive. Then instead of just adding one gear for reverse their going to add 5 gears. And it's going to have hi and low gears too. It's going to have a bose stereo system and On Star. Dvd player and a cup holder, along with booster rockets that are nuclear powered. Oh, and it can fly. You can fly off to candy land on it and play shoots and ladders with honest Abe Lincoln or the easter bunny. It can drive itself and also has a great A. I. system. Infact the government ordered thousands of them to automatically register taxes next year, so they can fire most of the workers at the IRS. Soon the 400ex will grow in it's usefulness and companies will begin laying off workers by the tens of thousands only so they can save money buy using 400ex's to do their jobs at a fraction of the cost. Kerry will win the election and when he's president he will cut funding for the military until it's down to 10 guys with stun guns. This will allow the 2005 honda 400ex's to rise to power in america vurtually unopposed. Soon huge armies of the dreaded EX's will invade neighboring canada and mexico. They will move from canada to staging grounds in greenland and iceland. From their they will storm into the british isles. Having no choice the other nuclear powers in the world (including North Korea and Iran) will launch a massive nuclear strike on the USA to tactically destroy the EX juggernaught. But see honda was afraid this might happen some day, that's why they put the same technology in the 86 atc 250r's. After lying dormant for 18 years they will rise to destroy the remaining 400ex's and to restore order in a now virtually crippled America. YEAH! ATC'S ROCK!!!

it going to have subs?:devil:

250xridamatt
08-08-2004, 06:57 AM

Did anyone catch all of that? screw dvd players, does it have air conditioning?

Woodsrider
08-08-2004, 07:26 AM
Honda got a citation from the EPA for the 2005 400EX. The first ATV produced to meet the tailpipe emissions standards for ATV's and motorcycles. Everything else will be a suprise.

Punk'd
08-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by WOracing
after you kick him can i wheelie over him

As you wish:D

deathman53
08-08-2004, 03:56 PM
so the 05 400ex will have a smaller intake, cv carb, and a more restrictive exhaust? great news, maybe a cat. That would be awesome if the trike was remade, and yeah ATC'S FOREVER, but the day trikes are back is when walmart sell rocket packs and we drive cars in the air.

bulkdriverlp
08-08-2004, 08:38 PM
quit an immagination, he should run for pres:(

chucked
08-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by sam the brave

yea i could use a few less pounds, i just dont feel like exercising