PDA

View Full Version : I know this is not even atv related....

02 Red Rider
04-03-2002, 06:25 PM
But I have friend that rides with us on 2 wheels. He has a 2001 YZ426 and it has a bent headpipe (almost pancaked). Unfortunately the factory headpipe is quite pricey and he really doesn't want to pipe and jet it because he wants to get a Banshee and get rid of the bike. SO my question is does anyone know of a good place to find cheap or even used stock parts for dirtbikes? I looked on ebay and I found a stock silencer but no headpipe. Any help would be great, this is a good guy and we enjoy him riding with us so I want to try to help him minimize his down time.

Thanks,
Jason

RideRed04
04-03-2002, 08:14 PM
Check out any local salvage yards. You could also heat the pipe and use compressed air to pop the dent out (dangerous and tricky, but can save you huge amounts of money) Just make the pipe air tight, and keep the pressure around 100psi. I am not responsible for anyone killing themselves doing this, so be smart folks.

Pro400EXC
04-04-2002, 09:24 AM
HEY BRO, WHITEBROS SELLS A REPLACEMENT HEAD PIPE WITH IS SWEET AND IT SITS HIGH OUT OF THE WAY,SO YOU CAN CHANGE OIL FILTER FASTER.

THE HEADPIPE WILL RUN YOU $134 FROM ROCKY MOUNTAIN,ITS CALLED THE HIGBOY HEAD PIPE.

WOULD HE TRADE THE 426f FOR A 400EX?

02 Red Rider
04-05-2002, 09:09 AM
He might! Ican talk to him and see. What 400? Any Details? His 426 is all stock and has been ridden about 10 months and has only made one trip for any serious riding down to Wayne National Forest. He also has a 4 year transferable warranty. PM me with some more info.

Jason