PDA

View Full Version : Got Bent?

Got nads?
08-04-2004, 07:43 PM
I bent all 4 stock a-arms on my 450R somewhere between an 80ft double, and a wonky step down jump. I think the honda may warranty the a-arms, but I am probably going to get some aftermarket a-arms and new front shocks for now.So here is the big question, what is everybody's opinion on those new fox air shocks? Also what is the overall advantage of long travel shocks over ordinary ones, other then the 1" or 2" in travel? I am seriously thinking about buying those air shox! I think. Maybe. I don't even know anymore!:confused:

416rider
08-04-2004, 07:49 PM
:confused: I don;t know anybody with them.:confused:

here

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116025

08-04-2004, 08:02 PM
i'd just stick with elkas..the air shocks I heard heat up way to fast but I dont know that forsure...my frame bent beofr emy aarms did

Got nads?
08-04-2004, 09:12 PM
So, then what is the real benfit of running a long travel elka over a regular elka shock? Oh yeah! I am also considering TCS suspension.

Matt102
08-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Elka is a very good company to deal with. You will get your shocks in about 2 weeks. The advantages of long travel are pretty much less bump steer, more travel, and they should stay cooler, longer. I have an Elka/Herrmann racing setup and it's awsome. The herrmann arms are very strong. I know that some people on here claim that they are week, but a couple weeks ago I was pitted next to a guy with a c-dale with walsh arms, and they didnt look much different than my herrmann's, except he paid about $1100 and retail for the Hermmann's is $775. They make arms in +2 for MX and their XC arms are +1 or stock i think. The only other difference of standard vs. long travel is the price. There is about a 200-300 dollar difference. Sometimes more.

Also, about the air shocks, I highly doubt they are having heating problems because all of the new race snowmobiles have them as standard equipment, and they weigh about 200lb's more than a quad and the tracks that they race on are like a giant whoop section by the end of the first heat. I dont think they would be a bad thing to try. You should also see if they have a return type thing, were if you dont like them, you could return them in 30 days:confused: Good luck with whatever you choose.

MY450R
08-05-2004, 07:20 AM
ive read only good things about those fox shocks
i want to try them also
supposed to be very adjustable

dirtriderex
08-05-2004, 07:58 PM
If I get extra cash I would try the fox air shocksout. They are up and coming