kamikaze_rzrbak
08-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by theTman
:cool: i got 955 blocked
lol:p
i got 1872:o :devil:

Guy400
08-04-2004, 06:05 PM
I don't have a problem with pop-up's but damn my email anymore:grr: Every day I come home to 20 new emails like "Get prescription Vic*din, Va||ium, V1agra, Xan@x, Pr.ozac..." or "Thank you, we've accepted your mortgage application but we need you to validate it..." It's freakin' tiring seeing it everyday. It always comes from a different sender so putting them on your block list does no good.

Fender Bender
08-04-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I don't have a problem with pop-up's but damn my email anymore:grr: Every day I come home to 20 new emails like "Get prescription Vic*din, Va||ium, V1agra, Xan@x, Pr.ozac..." or "Thank you, we've accepted your mortgage application but we need you to validate it..." It's freakin' tiring seeing it everyday. It always comes from a different sender so putting them on your block list does no good.

I use www.nerdshack.com E-Mail, and I haven't had a single ounce of spam, EVER. The only problem is you have to have an E-Mail client, such as outlook (if thats a problem for you, I find it a bit more conveniant). It has worked great for me, and it's pretty easy to set up.

I also have the Google toolbar, and it has some other helpful features such as AutoFill for forms, among a lot of other things. Only place i have gotten popups is on those stupid lyrics pages.

Big400EX
08-04-2004, 09:31 PM
MSN Toolbar works great.

bulkdriverlp
08-04-2004, 09:55 PM
i pay 29.95 a year for stopzilla, works real good just reupped for another year.:blah:

MOFO
08-05-2004, 04:44 AM
Mike,

go search and download two things. Google Toolbar and Adaware .... run those programs and all your problems should go away.

Tommy 17
08-05-2004, 08:14 AM
hook up another mouse and make mofo sit there and click them off for ya:macho :huh :blah:

zephead400ex
08-05-2004, 08:27 AM
Forget Internet Explorer, download Mozilla Firefox 9. This is a MUCH better browser than IE.

www.mozilla.com

If you need help, let me know.

250exen
08-05-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
Mike,

go search and download two things. Google Toolbar and Adaware .... run those programs and all your problems should go away.
i havent tried google toolbar yet but i do know that adaware sucks... i would recomend spyware doctor or spysweeter...
download.com has spyware doc.

sportraxrider10
08-05-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by 250exen
i havent tried google toolbar yet but i do know that adaware sucks... i would recomend spyware doctor or spysweeter...

actually no it doesn't....i have both adaware and spysweeper on my computer, my sister is a computer nut and she told me to run spysweeper instaid of ad aware. i ran it for a while but my computer was still running slow, so i ran adaware and what do you know, about 3000 new items come up that spysweeper just looked right over. so its not that 1 is better than the other its just that if you run them all you will have one clean computer

o yaa, i have google toolbar and i only have 608 blocked :(

MOFO
08-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by 250exen

sure sounds like you are not using it correctly!

Guy400
08-05-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
sure sounds like you are not using it correctly! I agree. I have Ad-aware 6.0. I check for updates and run it once a week. I can't remember the last pop-up I got.

Tread70
08-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Once a week rituals:

Check and Install Windows updates
Check and install Office updates (if applicable)
Install or update Firewall program
Update Antivirus program and scan
Update and run Adaware and or Spybot or your choice of sweepers
Run Defrag utility

Tread