PDA

View Full Version : Attn. WORCS riders....~~~QUADS ONLY RACE~~

QuadJunkies
08-04-2004, 11:06 AM
Clay Peaks Motocross Park

Track Details
Website: http://whiteknuckleracing.org/tracks.htm Race Date: Sept. 17-19th, 2004
Region: 1 & 2 Presented By: Scott USA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:
ATV's Only Event with new classes for youth, family poker runs, and team races! Clay Peaks Motocross Park is the ideal atv racing destination in the country! Don't miss this event as it will pay double points for all amateur classes in both regions 1 and 2.

Directions:

EVENT SCHEDULE:

Friday Practice $20 10-3pm Amateur/Youth,

3-4pm Pro Test n' Tune

Saturday –September 18th, 2004

7:30
Unclassified Practice-No Youth Riders Allowed

8:30
0-70cc Production (7-11yrs),71-90cc Production (8-15yrs)

9:30 Production Pro, A & B
11:00 Utility, Women, 91-200cc/300cc 4-stk production (13-15yrs)
12:30 Sport 16-29yrs, C, Vet 30+ C, Master 40+ C, Senior 50+
2:00 Open Pro, A & B
3:00 Family Fun Run
4:00 Awards/Raffle

Sunday –September 19th, 2004
7:30 Team Race:A, B, and C Teams (2 riders(same ability)/1 ATV)
9:00 Vet 30+ A & B, Master 40+ A & B
10:30 50cc Production (4-6yrs), 50cc Production (7-8yrs)
11:15 Pro Parade Lap
11:30 Pro Main-Pro and Qualified SemiPro's Only
1:30 Awards

Practice Hours: 10-4pm Friday $20
Age Class: Bring Valid ID to Sign Up
Track Entry Fee: $15 for weekend, under 5 over 60 free
Gate Hours: 6am-10pm daily
Camping: Free
Host Hotel:
Other Hotels:

WE NEED YOU............. We need all the riders we can get for this round!!!!! This is an important round due to the fact that they are going to have this round for a QUADS ONLY RACE....IF we can get enough riders out there and show them that we can have a good attendance, next year they will take into serious considertaion running us our OWN series.......:D I think the PAyette Idaho has one of the best wk ends of riding to offer as well....Also, first time....................... MINI QUAD CLASS!!!! Hats off to WORCS and to whiteknuckle for letting the kids get involved.....Lets see you ALL out there.......Kids, Moms, Dads, also dont forget the team race .......Ill be doing Race coverage and pics and may have to juggle a camera with someone else if I race myself....Septt. is almost here so mark your Calendars!!!:blah:

If anyone has qusetions for dierstions, lodging ect. let me know.....;) Tina

AndreS
08-04-2004, 01:45 PM
i'll be running production B & vet B, #57T.
my brother should be running C class.
see you there!

BlueZ440
08-04-2004, 06:16 PM
I'll be running whatever I can..:D :blah:

Duncanracer
08-04-2004, 07:20 PM
i'll be there....

N26 in production B, and the team race..

on a 450r...

QuadJunkies
08-16-2004, 01:00 AM
BUMP :macho

quadjeff
08-16-2004, 01:24 PM
I have around 10 guys that will be there. We are doing the entire series.. See you there.

QuadJunkies
08-16-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by quadjeff
I have around 10 guys that will be there. We are doing the entire series.. See you there. thats GREAT!!!! What class are you all running???? Are you doing the team race as well?????

AndreS
08-17-2004, 03:01 AM
about how far is it from boise, drive time? i'll be staying at my brother's place there.

QuadJunkies
08-17-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by AndreS
about how far is it from boise, drive time? i'll be staying at my brother's place there. Boise is about a 40 minute drive from Payette. I think we will be getting a room in Ontario for the wk end .Seems like it will be cheaper for us to do that than to drive back and forth all wk end from Kuna(kuna is very close to Boise ) Ontario is about 15 minutes from Payette.....Andre, Does your Brother ride too?? Just wondering if I may know him :)....

We also have a flattrack race(chamionship race,last night for points) the night before I MIGHT doif there is enough riders wanting to do a triple header wk end.......:D

quadjeff
08-17-2004, 04:21 PM
2 in Pro-Production and 4 in open pro... We are camping at the track.

seven
08-17-2004, 06:08 PM
I have been thinking about camping out ther all weekend to take pics and such. I have thought about running it but if they run the big track I wouldnt run that for free let alone pay. This boy needs a few jumps in the mix not just hold it pinned.

AndreS
08-17-2004, 08:12 PM
my brother that lives in boise does not ride his daughter does drag race some. they should be coming out to watch.

Duncanracer
08-17-2004, 10:54 PM
i'm going i'm gonna be runn ing a 440ex and a 450r

what do yuo think the jetting range is on the 440ex for there, its got a FCR 39mm....

or whats the elevation and whats the track like?

Duncanracer
08-17-2004, 10:56 PM
oh and also do you reccomend 20s an d 21's or MX tires

QuadJunkies
08-17-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Duncanracer
i'm going i'm gonna be runn ing a 440ex and a 450r

what do yuo think the jetting range is on the 440ex for there, its got a FCR 39mm....

or whats the elevation and whats the track like? The Elev. is about 2800 here the temps will still be very warm next month with 80's for an Average temp all the way to 90's or higher.:( I run a 178 right now in my 426 with a stock carb if that helps any???
Have you seen some of the pics on there Website??? Ive also posted some of the pics in the past here before too :)

Duncanracer
08-17-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
The Elev. is about 2800 here the temps will still be very warm next month with 80's for an Average temp all the way to 90's or higher.:( I run a 178 right now in my 426 with a stock carb if that helps any???
Have you seen some of the pics on there Website??? Ive also posted some of the pics in the past here before too :)

yeah is the WORCS course all of what they show on that website? if so i probably should run MX tires, and taller gearing...

QuadJunkies
08-17-2004, 11:06 PM
yeah is the WORCS course all of what they show on that website? if so i probably should run MX tires, and taller gearing... No, you will run trails as well,bring a good tire for sand, thats what its like right off the line.pure sand then off to dry desert trails.

Duncanracer
08-17-2004, 11:10 PM
ok i'll run the 20's

what classes are you running?

i'm thinking production B,sport, open and team race..

QuadJunkies
08-18-2004, 12:16 AM
ok i'll run the 20's

what classes are you running?

i'm thinking production B,sport, open and team race.. Im probably not going to do it:( Its too spendy for 4 of us under our roof, ill just do race coverage and pout...:eek: :o :p ;)

My Husband Troy will run B class, the kids 50- 90 class, We have local riders doing Vet,C, B and Pro and the team race.

QuadJunkies
08-18-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by seven
I have been thinking about camping out ther all weekend to take pics and such. I have thought about running it but if they run the big track I wouldnt run that for free let alone pay. This boy needs a few jumps in the mix not just hold it pinned. Oh.come on ..........!!!!! No more excuses!!!!! Get your butt out there and support ther sport!!!(heheh.who is the one responsible for getting us all hooked on this in the first place eh????:p ;) )

Its about having a good time and the better turn out the better the chances for a Quads only event next year!!!!:blah:

If you wanna jump, go over and ride the supercross afterwards.......:D

Duncanracer
08-18-2004, 12:21 AM
ok see ya there, my names SHaun, i'm the big asian come and say hi if ya run into me..

seven
08-18-2004, 05:48 AM
I may run it but I will stay all weekend if I do and camp at the track. If the track goes out into the desert then I will probably run it for somthing to do but if they stay on the long track then I think I will just take pics.

QuadJunkies
08-18-2004, 09:42 AM
I may run it but I will stay all weekend if I do and camp at the track. If the track goes out into the desert then I will probably run it for somthing to do but if they stay on the long track then I think I will just take pics. NO, they will run it alot like it was on the Poker run ...;)

400grl
08-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Tina - I'm thinking of coming with my boyfriend and a few friends....there is a women's class, right??? It's a LONG haul, but we are seriously considering it!! :) You racing??

QuadJunkies
08-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
Tina - I'm thinking of coming with my boyfriend and a few friends....there is a women's class, right??? It's a LONG haul, but we are seriously considering it!! :) You racing?? Nah, Im not racing :( Costs are too high for all of us and besides.Im TOO out of shape this year!!!! LOL.......I know in the past there have been a Womens class,but I would call them jut to make sure.;) I am waiting for them to call be back to confirm if the mini class is still a GO!:macho

QuadJunkies
08-19-2004, 11:40 AM
BUT........ If ya want.Maybe we could do the team race on Sun.....:D

400grl
08-19-2004, 11:41 AM
OOOOOO!!! I will keep you posted!!! SOunds like so much fun!

Duncanracer
08-19-2004, 12:16 PM
theres no womens class in WORCS.....

see ya htere 400grl and QJ, i'm N26 on a 450r....

oh and i've heard you're fast dont race production B hahaha

QuadJunkies
08-19-2004, 12:24 PM
theres no womens class in WORCS.....

see ya htere 400grl and QJ, i'm N26 on a 450r....

oh and i've heard you're fast dont race production B hahaha One of our riders said they had one in the last two he raced???:confused: Maybe he was mistaken......

Duncanracer
08-19-2004, 12:27 PM
i was at havasu and they didnt have one there, but this one has some different races in it so who knows...

QuadJunkies
08-19-2004, 12:46 PM
BTW.whats this I heard Katie Duncan took BAD fall at one of the last races???Is She running B class still??? Whats she riding these days? I heard she raced on a Predator on one of the races,but who knows.......

400grl
08-19-2004, 12:47 PM
On the WORCS website, it states that the race in Idaho is a QUAD ONLY event, and they have added a women's class as well as several others, including a team race! :) So.....sounds like the women's class is a go! :)

AndreS
08-19-2004, 12:49 PM
i think they are adding a womens class at this event, they show it on the scedule at 11:AM on saturday.
i don't recall a women's class at either washington round. katie duncan ran 16-29 sport on saturday & production B on sunday at goldendale, but wasn't feeling well at longview so she didn't run.... but her dad did.

AndreS
08-19-2004, 12:52 PM
re: katire duncan- i don't know if she had a bad get off but i don't think she's on a predator, she had a z400 last i saw, & her dad was on her old 400ex.

QuadJunkies
08-19-2004, 01:04 PM
re: katire duncan- i don't know if she had a bad get off but i don't think she's on a predator, she had a z400 last i saw, & her dad was on her old 400ex. thats what I was thinking........ WEll, the guy I talked to said she went off some cliff/reveen at Utah I thought......... Maybe he just THOUGHT that was Katie ;)

Yes.they are adding alot more classes for ths ROUND!:macho I would still dbl. check back with them for any last minute changes.... I left a message for them to call me yesterday,but I havent heard form them yet......

BlueZ440
08-19-2004, 01:11 PM
What I would like to know is...Is this all WORCS events? Or are the team race and other events made up by whiteknuckleracing?

Duncanracer
08-19-2004, 01:21 PM
the added events are just gonna be for this quad only event, but possibly could be classes next year if they do an all atv tour;..

QuadJunkies
08-19-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by BlueZ440
I'll be running whatever I can..:D :blah: running B class???

BlueZ440
08-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Probably C..To tell you the truth I don't know what class. I'm showing up on Saturday and that's that..I need someone to be my team mate...Do you know any good riders??

AtvMxRider
08-19-2004, 01:32 PM
running B class???

:eek2:

daddio
08-19-2004, 02:58 PM
BTW.whats this I heard Katie Duncan took BAD fall at one of the last races???Is She running B class still??? Whats she riding these days? I heard she raced on a Predator on one of the races,but who knows.......
katie had the flu at the longview race, and one of the other races, her 400 was in the shop, so team enumclaw lent her the predator.

QuadJunkies
08-19-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by daddio
katie had the flu at the longview race, and one of the other races, her 400 was in the shop, so team enumclaw lent her the predator. Ah.....;) IC.... well best of luck to her at the next round.........

Blue Z440~~ What about you and Cracka teaming up!!! I think you two would make a good team!!!:macho

QuadJunkies
08-19-2004, 11:37 PM
Probably C..To tell you the truth I don't know what class. I'm showing up on Saturday and that's that..I need someone to be my team mate...Do you know any good riders?? For a National race, I think C class would be good.;)

AndreS
08-20-2004, 02:56 AM
just a word of warning, they have anti-sandbagging rules. if you enter in C and dominate the class, expect to get DQ'd or bumped up a class. the computer tells all with laps times, if you dominate your class by a significant margin... they'll nail ya.
just as a comparison, at longview, the Vet B class all have lap times seconds apart... the whole class finished(except one rider that didn't make 5 laps) within 4 minutes seperation at the end of an hour of racing.

BlueZ440
08-20-2004, 07:22 AM
For a National race, I think C class would be good.;)

Cracker won't be there on Sunday..His not allowed to race on Sunday's..You know the Mormon thing..:( ..Yeah I heard that the B-class is more like Troy and Curtis level and C are more slow people like me..:D

daddio
08-20-2004, 07:37 AM
just a word of warning, they have anti-sandbagging rules. if you enter in C and dominate the class, expect to get DQ'd or bumped up a class. the computer tells all with laps times, if you dominate your class by a significant margin... they'll nail ya.
just as a comparison, at longview, the Vet B class all have lap times seconds apart... the whole class finished(except one rider that didn't make 5 laps) within 4 minutes seperation at the end of an hour of racing.
the guy that "won" the vet b class was running times that were at the front of the vet a class, so they bumped him and gave him 3rd in the a class instead of first in the b class.
the best thing to do is go to the worcs website and look for people you have raced against before and see what classes they run. worcs has a very good race results section with postings of rider names and laptimes.

Raptorchick
08-20-2004, 08:28 AM
the guy that "won" the vet b class was running times that were at the front of the vet a class, so they bumped him and gave him 3rd in the a class instead of first in the b class.

The funny part about it, was that was the first time Chris ever did an XC race. He didn't know what class to be in, so he signed up for the class that a bunch of the other guys he usually races with were in. The guy is a machine. After the second lap everyone got a little slower, except for him. His lap times kept getting faster.
:eek2:

QuadJunkies
08-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Cracker won't be there on Sunday..His not allowed to race on Sunday's..You know the Mormon thing..:( ..Yeah I heard that the B-class is more like Troy and Curtis level and C are more slow people like me..:D Your not slow by any means ;) but yes. thats what I think for a national race......

QuadJunkies
08-20-2004, 10:11 AM
Troy done B Class last year for his very first National and took 4th in the B class, so I dont think thats a bad class to stick with :)

Duncanracer
08-21-2004, 08:43 PM
ok bluz go look at the production B times at lake havasu Az, you'll notice i finshed 6th out of 12 i think and my lap times were SLOOOOOW.....

so you could compete in B......and do well...

Natertot426ex
08-21-2004, 08:57 PM
The classes are a bit different than last year. Goldendale is where I found that out. Every race last year i was in the top five in my class (b class). There are a lot faster riders this year. I will be doing the production b so we will see how I do.

Tina, is troys quad going to be done or is he riding yours?

BlueZ440
08-22-2004, 09:21 AM
ok bluz go look at the production B times at lake havasu Az, you'll notice i finshed 6th out of 12 i think and my lap times were SLOOOOOW.....

so you could compete in B......and do well...

I think i'm going with C class..This would be my first event and if QJ husb ran B class..i know that i'm not ready for that one..

QuadJunkies
08-22-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
The classes are a bit different than last year. Goldendale is where I found that out. Every race last year i was in the top five in my class (b class). There are a lot faster riders this year. I will be doing the production b so we will see how I do.

Tina, is troys quad going to be done or is he riding yours? If his isnt done in time.He wont race at all. :( BUT!!!!..... His quad should be ready to reassemble this week!!!

QuadJunkies
08-27-2004, 05:47 PM

QuadJunkies
09-11-2004, 11:12 AM
BUMP!!! Whos coming .............and whos Skeert.......:D :macho

jsc
09-12-2004, 09:34 AM
I'm skeert

QuadJunkies
09-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by jsc
I'm skeert LMAO!!! So is Troy...:o But he is bringing his Ole Chitter stool!!!:p

You coming out just to hang out ????

seven
09-12-2004, 02:42 PM
I talked with the guy putting on the worcs race today and I get to be a track Official! I will have some pics later. I am going to black flag Troy before he gets started!

BlueZ440
09-12-2004, 03:01 PM
I'm Skeert....... but I also don't have the money to drive out there and pay for entry fees.."I just lost my job"And according to Robin yesterday she said that the trail's might not get water but unsure.

seven
09-12-2004, 03:48 PM
Look what I ran Into today!
http://idahomx.home.mindspring.com/DSC05467.JPG

BlueZ440
09-12-2004, 06:27 PM
anyone important??:o

seven
09-12-2004, 06:31 PM
It was the guy putting on the whole worcs series

Sandgod4
09-12-2004, 08:18 PM
My bro saw that trailer at Rocky MTN ATV yesterday morning..

Duncanracer
09-12-2004, 11:16 PM
i'll be there about 12 or 1 PM on friday, i'm in a red ford f350 power stroke(my dad will be driving) and a 22ft. enclosed trailor....

hopefully i cna make it in time, to practice a little, and also put my nerfs on the quad...

QuadJunkies
09-12-2004, 11:52 PM
. I am going to black flag Troy before he gets started! :eek: well. Gee. THANKS!!!!:o now thats what I call supporting your local riders!!!!:p

QuadJunkies
09-12-2004, 11:54 PM
Look what I ran Into today!
http://idahomx.home.mindspring.com/DSC05467.JPG Are they in Payette already!!!!:cool:

QuadJunkies
09-12-2004, 11:56 PM
Im not sure if we can swing the practice :( What times are the practice till??? Troy works........

Oh............. he got his quad running in time for the race...........:D :macho !!!!!
lets hope the darn clutch gets dialed in before it........:grr:

Duncanracer
09-13-2004, 12:09 AM
i think 10-3pm or 12-3 not sure...

twisted threads
09-13-2004, 02:33 AM
You guys have fun at the race and make sure you get some pictures so I feel like I was there also!!!;)

daddio
09-13-2004, 07:06 AM
You guy's will be very pleased with the way the WORCS people put on the race. they are very professional. the race at longview went off very well, even with the unexpected rain.
be sure to check out the contengencies. I got a pair of maxxix razors for winning vet c. I didn't even have to pay for shipping. they just showed up on my doorstep one day.
unfortunately we are not going to be able to go to payette afterall. I'm still healing up from broken ribs and torn ligements in my knee, and my Reed doesn't want to ride if he can't ride his yfz.
and you have to be 16 to ride big bikes.

dirtmomma
09-13-2004, 08:15 AM
You guy's will be very pleased with the way the WORCS people put on the race. they are very professional. the race at longview went off very well, even with the unexpected rain.
be sure to check out the contengencies. I got a pair of maxxix razors for winning vet c. I didn't even have to pay for shipping. they just showed up on my doorstep one day.
unfortunately we are not going to be able to go to payette afterall. I'm still healing up from broken ribs and torn ligements in my knee, and my Reed doesn't want to ride if he can't ride his yfz.
and you have to be 16 to ride big bikes.

UHOH is he tired of the blaster now after riding the powerhouse????????? Figured that would be coming, DJ is the same way, we went on our ride this weekend & he's ready to sell the blaster, it just doesn't like trail riding, broken throttle cable twice hole in the sidewall of his tire not enough power blah blah blah LOL he got to ride a 440 stroker so now he's thinking he REALLY needs a 400....................keep on dreamin boy wish we could BOTH get one but that'll have to wait :( So how did this weekend go foryou guys?? Sounds like maybe a little carnage to Dad?????

BlueZ440
09-13-2004, 09:22 AM
According to forst post practice is from 10-3 all riders. And 3-5 Pros

daddio
09-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
UHOH is he tired of the blaster now after riding the powerhouse????????? Figured that would be coming, DJ is the same way, we went on our ride this weekend & he's ready to sell the blaster, it just doesn't like trail riding, broken throttle cable twice hole in the sidewall of his tire not enough power blah blah blah LOL he got to ride a 440 stroker so now he's thinking he REALLY needs a 400....................keep on dreamin boy wish we could BOTH get one but that'll have to wait :( So how did this weekend go foryou guys?? Sounds like maybe a little carnage to Dad?????

Naw. It's more like he doesn't like riding his blaster against 4-strokes at a track that doesn't have places to pass, when he knows he can go faster on his yfz.
the payette race will be alot like riding the outer areas of horn rapids. dusty.
I'm still feeling the crash at the hannegan flat track race. racing washougal just made it worse. and I would have a tough time at payette if I was 100%. so we are taking a break until we can race moto-x again. prolly opmc.

Natertot426ex
09-13-2004, 11:19 AM
well we have been having some rainy weather. That is a good thing. Maybe it will rain just enought to keep the dust down but not too much to make it a mud pit.

QuadJunkies
09-13-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
well we have been having some rainy weather. That is a good thing. Maybe it will rain just enought to keep the dust down but not too much to make it a mud pit. You going up Fri to practice??? Troy and I talked a bit ago, and I told him to go if he could even get jkust one hours of practice in and i would head up to the FT race and meet up with him later that night....

QuadJunkies
09-13-2004, 01:12 PM
any word on mini class practice??? The kids are out of school that Fri. so regardless.... Ill be up for her to practice if there is one....... :macho thats gonna be a tough class for her racing with 15 yr old!!:eek: she has never done anything like this before.....

BlueZ440
09-13-2004, 01:55 PM
I guess I'm on Board for the WORCS, same as Cracker.(well maybe)..I'll B running C Class.

seven
09-13-2004, 04:56 PM
Ill be there!

BlueZ440
09-14-2004, 10:10 AM
Well everyone..the weather is looking good. Rain for Saturday and Rain for Sunday 40% on both days. That means no dust when we get to the trails but at the same time is going to B a Mud fest..:D

ID-YFZracer-BE
09-14-2004, 03:24 PM
time for me to make the banshee ready

QuadJunkies
09-15-2004, 10:59 AM
I just got off the phone with the owners of the track.looks like Ill be able to get access to any part of the track I want for picture coverage......... Just an FYI on the practice day......

NO RIDER WILL BE ALLOWED ON TRAILS..... only the MX section.... Kids will be allowed to ride most of the day on there track but kis also are NOT allowed on the trails until the day of the event.. I kinda like this Idea.... Its makes the race that much more strategic..........:devil:

Il be ther around 830 am on Fri. for my Daughter to practice...... Im going to be very busy this week(we have FT racing on Fri. as well:confused: ) If I dont see you all on here befroe the wk end....Everyone please ride safe,have a great time,good luck to all of you, and Ill see you this week end!!!

BlueZ440
09-15-2004, 11:20 AM
So there is no point on going out there on Friday, right?? So are they having practice on Saturday or what?

I just got off the phone with the owners of the track.looks like Ill be able to get access to any part of the track I want for picture coverage......... Just an FYI on the practice day......

NO RIDER WILL BE ALLOWED ON TRAILS..... only the MX section.... Kids will be allowed to ride most of the day on there track but kis also are NOT allowed on the trails until the day of the event.. I kinda like this Idea.... Its makes the race that much more strategic..........:devil:

Il be ther around 830 am on Fri. for my Daughter to practice...... Im going to be very busy this week(we have FT racing on Fri. as well:confused: ) If I dont see you all on here befroe the wk end....Everyone please ride safe,have a great time,good luck to all of you, and Ill see you this week end!!!

QuadJunkies
09-15-2004, 11:38 AM
Tag said thee will be practice. Just not able to roam on any of the trails.... Just the MX portion.... I know some of the other WROCS rounds they allowed it, not sure why they arent here, or maybe it will change last minute who knows..... But this is what the scoop is as of this moment.....

daddio
09-15-2004, 11:49 AM
at longview and goldendale they only allowed practice on the mx portion. the people that did go practice on the mx track were able to make up alot of time especially on the first lap, because they were familiar with it. I would suggest going to practice on friday, if at all possible.

BlueZ440
09-15-2004, 11:52 AM
at longview and goldendale they only allowed practice on the mx portion. the people that did go practice on the mx track were able to make up alot of time especially on the first lap, because they were familiar with it. I would suggest going to practice on friday, if at all possible.

So on race day do they practice or just go out and find the trails??
Well I guess I will save 20 bucks on friday because I already know the track..:D

daddio
09-15-2004, 12:04 PM
So on race day do they practice or just go out and find the trails??
Well I guess I will save 20 bucks on friday because I already know the track..:D
that's right. when the green flag drops, on the first class, you follow the markers. pay close attention to the down arrows and "x" on the first lap. they usually mean a big jump/drop-off or other danger.
after the first class goes, you follow the tire tracks. but still be aware of the danger markers.
no practice on race day. the "unclassified" class is practice for racers that are riding on sunday.

QuadJunkies
09-15-2004, 12:13 PM
at longview and goldendale they only allowed practice on the mx portion. the people that did go practice on the mx track were able to make up alot of time especially on the first lap, because they were familiar with it. I would suggest going to practice on friday, if at all possible. We are very familiar with the MX portion,therefore Troy wont be going to the Practice... most the locals know that track pretty well, just not the trails as much..... Hopefulyy the weather will stay like it is and help everyones endurance and cut back on the dust!!

BlueZ440
09-15-2004, 12:24 PM
that's right. when the green flag drops, on the first class, you follow the markers. pay close attention to the down arrows and "x" on the first lap. they usually mean a big jump/drop-off or other danger.
after the first class goes, you follow the tire tracks. but still be aware of the danger markers.
no practice on race day. the "unclassified" class is practice for racers that are riding on sunday.

Thanks for clearing that up. So how do they do the races? Everyone together or do you wait for the class in front of you to finish and then C class goes.:confused:

QuadJunkies
09-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Im hoping since this whole wk end is dedicated to ALL QUADS, they will space everyone out a bit sinc ethere will be more than plenty of time for the day,would be nice for some of the riders to be able to watch some of the other classes race.... :)

daddio
09-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Saturday –September 18th, 2004

7:30
Unclassified Practice-No Youth Riders Allowed

8:30
0-70cc Production (7-11yrs),71-90cc Production (8-15yrs)

9:30 Production Pro, A & B
11:00 Utility, Women, 91-200cc/300cc 4-stk production (13-15yrs)
12:30 Sport 16-29yrs, C, Vet 30+ C, Master 40+ C, Senior 50+
2:00 Open Pro, A & B
3:00 Family Fun Run
4:00 Awards/Raffle

Sunday –September 19th, 2004
7:30 Team Race:A, B, and C Teams (2 riders(same ability)/1 ATV)
9:00 Vet 30+ A & B, Master 40+ A & B
10:30 50cc Production (4-6yrs), 50cc Production (7-8yrs)
11:15 Pro Parade Lap
11:30 Pro Main-Pro and Qualified SemiPro's Only
1:30 Awards

depending on the actual # of entries per class, they will start each "class" in seperate waves. ie: 11:00 utility first wave, 30 sec later, women in second wave, 30 seconds later, 13-15yr. but say there is only 2 utility quads, they would probably start with the women.
each "race" (start time) must run within the specified time limit. so your "60" min race starts when the first wave leaves.

dirtmomma
09-15-2004, 03:14 PM
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE & BE SAFE!! Well as safe as you can be to go kick some butt :)

QuadJunkies
09-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Im thinkin.... IF I can get Fastbikes to do it. Maybe we can team up our two kjids to do a Team race with minis on Sun.??!!! Now how often do you see that!!!!:eek: :blah: :macho

QuadJunkies
09-19-2004, 07:03 PM
Wow! what a week end!!!! Lots of really good riders this wk end... Ill have race Coverage up in the Race Coverage section....

If you have any have pics you would like me to include, plese email them to tntkuna@msn.com with a Class specification, your Exrider username and what you place along with your race number.....

Im sorry to report a large number of my pics did NOT turn out :grr: ITs time to invest in a new Camera, I lost alot of my short clips and pictures:( I still have Coverage,just no shere near as many as I would like... Kind of goes with the rest of our luck this week.....:rolleyes:

Im sad to report, Troy and I will no longer be racing after this next wk end.... I was still VERY glad to be a part of the first Ever Quads Only Round in Payette Idaho

AtvMxRider
09-19-2004, 07:04 PM

Im sad to report, Troy and I will no longer be racing after this next wk end.... I was still VERY glad to be a part of the first Ever Quads Only Round in Payette Idaho

Why????????

QuadJunkies
09-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Why???????? Troy has had one of the worse times this summer with bad luck racing... He has missed almost all the racing this year due to Mechanical breakdowns .He is simply burned out on not having his quad run and was VERY devastated after all the money and time he as put into his quad to race this wk end(8 months to be Exact) to DNF after one lap . I simply need a faster quad, Its getting tough to keep up with being the smallest quad out there . Were not in a Financial spot to both go out and buy new quads,so We bothed decided we would just stop racing. It really sucks too, cause we were doing pretty well for awhile :confused:

jsc
09-19-2004, 08:04 PM
Well what happened to Troys machine? I hope you are still racing FT this winter..PLEASE!

jsc
09-19-2004, 08:12 PM
THAT BITES!! I know he must be very upset and can totally understand the expense involved. I hope you guys keep riding as I have to learn this mess from someone.

QuadJunkies
09-19-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by jsc
Well what happened to Troys machine? I hope you are still racing FT this winter..PLEASE! We dont know what happened. It just went.... POP.. and shut down...... He was TEARIN in the first lap.:(

jsc
09-19-2004, 08:25 PM
I really hate to hear that.

BlueZ440
09-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Im sad to report, Troy and I will no longer be racing after this next wk end....

Well if is true that you guys will no longer B racing..I'm gonna miss yall. You and Troy got me into Flatrack and I thank you for that. I hope that you guys will still come out and support me and every other rider. on the other hand If you decided to sell your Hoosiers, I'll buy em..

dirtmomma
09-20-2004, 07:57 AM
Well Tina sorry to hear you won't be racing :( BUT I know how you feel..............I've made the same decision for this winter for the same reason pretty much......................not enough power to be competitive :( but the boys will be racing also so we can focus more on them since they are the future of racing :) Are the kids going to race still?? Sorry to hear Troy had such bad luck w/ the preddy :confused: one thing about it when you pump stuff up soooo much it all becomes a pain in the *** I'm sure you'll still be riding the dunes though RIGHT :) ;) guess you'll have to come up & do some massive trail riding w/ us ;) take care girl & keep your head up!! Ya need to give them other girls a chance anyway hehe j/k

seven
09-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Wow! what a week end!!!! Lots of really good riders this wk end... Ill have race Coverage up in the Race Coverage section....

If you have any have pics you would like me to include, plese email them to tntkuna@msn.com with a Class specification, your Exrider username and what you place along with your race number.....

Im sorry to report a large number of my pics did NOT turn out :grr: ITs time to invest in a new Camera, I lost alot of my short clips and pictures:( I still have Coverage,just no shere near as many as I would like... Kind of goes with the rest of our luck this week.....:rolleyes:

Here is my opinion on this. I have been threw the same thing but with serious injurys instead of broken quads. Remember last year you guys told me I should keep racing! I had to think long and hard about it and it was no easy choice. I love to ride and I love being at the track. Win or lose I always had a good time. Thats why I have been at the last couple races. I actually was lapped by Pat,Curtis,Daryll. I have never been laped in my whole time riding but I still had a good time and I went home unhurt. Winning isnt everything, Quit when its no longer fun

dirtmomma
09-20-2004, 08:50 AM
Here is my opinion on this. I have been threw the same thing but with serious injurys instead of broken quads. Remember last year you guys told me I should keep racing! I had to think long and hard about it and it was no easy choice. I love to ride and I love being at the track. Win or lose I always had a good time. Thats why I have been at the last couple races. I actually was lapped by Pat,Curtis,Daryll. I have never been laped in my whole time riding but I still had a good time and I went home unhurt. Winning isnt everything, Quit when its no longer fun

Nicely said seven :) that is true about me too, I always go out & get beat oh hell somtimes lapped :o but I was out there to have FUN!! And fun I had :)

QuadJunkies
09-20-2004, 09:26 AM
: one thing about it when you pump stuff up soooo much it all becomes a pain in the *** Thats the crap thing about it.... I have more mods on my motor than HE does!!:eek2: :o I think We will be giving his Sponsor a call today who done the work....:grr:

QuadJunkies
09-20-2004, 09:29 AM

you make alot of good points .. But, it isnt fun anymore when your chit never runs.. :( and you pay a ton to race and you place last all the time or DNF, its rather depressing really.... I LOVE racing, and its going to be very hard to stay away from,especially with the kids racing, but we will stay involved at least for there sake.... ;)

QuadJunkies
09-20-2004, 09:51 AM
Race Coverage is now up WORCS Race (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124079)

dirtmomma
09-20-2004, 01:23 PM
I LOVE racing, and its going to be very hard to stay away from,especially with the kids racing, but we will stay involved at least for there sake.... ;)

Should we form a "Mom's who LOVE racing but can't right now" club :confused: ;) :p :o I'm in the same boat & am NOT liking it especially when my quad will be out there W/O ME :( I just hope the kid goes out & kicks azzzzzzzzzzz on it:blah: :devil:

daddio
09-20-2004, 01:26 PM
Should we form a "Mom's who LOVE racing but can't right now" club :confused: ;) :p :o I'm in the same boat & am NOT liking it especially when my quad will be out there W/O ME :( I just hope the kid goes out & kicks azzzzzzzzzzz on it:blah: :devil:

How 'bout DAD's too ???? :confused:

dirtmomma
09-20-2004, 01:30 PM
How 'bout DAD's too ???? :confused:

No problem Daddio ;) maybe it should just be "parents" we're probably worse than the kids LMAO!!!

AtvMxRider
09-20-2004, 04:45 PM
No problem Daddio ;) maybe it should just be "parents" we're probably worse than the kids LMAO!!!

I'm in:macho

QuadJunkies
09-20-2004, 05:21 PM
WEll Ill be d@mned.....
I cant believe something so petty cost the wk end racing....:( Troy figured out the problem...

The boot from the Carb. going to the motor was sucking air. One bolt was COMPLETLY out abd one was 1/3 out. So the Big Pop! he heard was due to taking a big gulp of air got too lean and shut off ... I am Very surprised and Sad to see that happen

Hopefully nothing went wrong when the boot come loose(Sand,dirt ) I guess we will find out soon if it is.... Once Troy tighened it it ran normal... I cant believe something this petty cost him the race...
:grr:

QuadJunkies
09-20-2004, 05:23 PM
on the other hand If you decided to sell your Hoosiers, I'll buy em.. Troy already sold them to someone for 100.00:p

seven
09-20-2004, 05:39 PM
So does that mean you are happy again??

QuadJunkies
09-20-2004, 06:01 PM
So does that mean you are happy again?? lol. Well Im happier than I was yesterday,that is.. IF there is no damage....:confused: lol..... I would be much happier if I won the Lottery........:p

BlueZ440
09-20-2004, 06:17 PM
Troy already sold them to someone for 100.00:p

Sh*t..do you have any?? So R you guys done racing now that Troy got his fix?

jsc
09-20-2004, 06:43 PM
Thats great that is was something simple, its always the simple things that jump up and bite you right square in the ***!:macho

QuadJunkies
09-20-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by jsc
Thats great that is was something simple, its always the simple things that jump up and bite you right square in the ***!:macho Or knock you off your chitter stool!!! LMAO!! (inside joke;) )

jsc
09-20-2004, 07:14 PM
LOL LOL...Had to think about that one, yep I would say that Troy misplaced his stool!!!!!!

Or knock you off your chitter stool!!! LMAO!! (inside joke;) )

dirtmomma
09-21-2004, 07:52 AM
OH MAN that sucks it was the boot!!! I know how you feel w/ the piddley chit happening & wasting $$ & time :mad: :grr: BUT hopefully there is NO damage & it'll be fine :) Well good luck to him w/ it!!