PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Dealorship In Ny!!!

speed_demon21m
08-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Hudson valley cycles, If you want to get screwed over call them!!

**My Experience from Hell trying to buy a brand new bike from HUDSON VALLEY CYCLES!! ***

I recently purchased a brand new 2003 Kawasaki Zx 636 from Hudson Valley Cycles. When I arrived to pick the bike up they were more than willing to take my check, but when it came to helping me with the loading preparations for the two and a half hour drive back to my house I wasn’t thrilled.
When I got around back to the loading area there my bike stood. The proud feeling of being the new owner of a sport bike was unbelievable. Before we loaded it onto the truck I noticed that there was no solo seat cover with the bike, so I asked if it came with one. The man then said, as in wonderment, “oh you wanted that??” and sent his crony off to find it, as if I had just paid $8,000.00 for a bike that is missing pieces! They then helped me push my bike onto the truck and told me that I needed a different harness to hold the bike, and that it would fall over if it wasn’t properly tied down, handed me my seat cover and to my surprise he then turned around and just walked away. I guess once the dealership had their money and the bike was off their property it wasn’t “their problem any more.” What great service, I think a used car dealership helps their customers more than that. I wish it was over here, but no unfortunately for me there is a lot more.
After walking inside and explaining that this was my first motorcycle, that I had never tied a bike down before, I was told that I didn’t have the right equipment for the job and I explained that I needed some HELP. The salesman pointed me towards the parts counter, and there I patiently waited for ten minutes. When my turn finally came up I told the man behind the counter what I needed, and for my first born he sold me the straps that I had to have. I then explained again to the parts person that I had never tied a bike down before and he told me he would send help out. Feeling a little better I went outside and waited and waited; all the time struggling to make no advancement for another 20 minutes.

Finally a friend who had come with me to help with the driving, went inside and asked, the same salesman who I had asked, for help and the most he could do help was to tell her “all you had to do is ask!!!” Understandingly not at all very happy with this drawn out extravaganza and calmly told the man that “I”: her son had already explicitly asked for help many times… so the man said that they would be right out.
When the two associates came out it was like neither one had ever done this before, but at this time I was happy for ANY help that I could get. One of the guys hooked one side of the harness that was tied to the bike and then waited for me to crawl around under the truck to hook the other ends and then the one side left that needed to be attached to the bike.
Wow I thought that this experience would never end, but it doesn’t because when I had traveled ¼ mile down the road I look back to see that the strap that the employee had attached wasn’t even attached all the way and was about to slip off. I got out of the truck and fixed the problem.
When I finally get home I found out that the bike was missing a nut on the shifting linkage. Great I had that fixed. I took the bike for a ride out to town and then back to my house. I got a whole 54 miles on it and it didn’t seem to want to start, but what do I know I’ve never owned one before. I didn’t get a chance to ride it till the middle of the next week, and by then I had to go to a conference for work down in the city for a few days. I couldn’t wait to get back up and ride my bike. Finally I got home and went out to go for a ride… Nothing, what the heck, fine maybe the battery was low when I got it, so I pulled the seat and to my dismay; saw that under the seat was full of old dried out leaves and a lot of the wires were chewed apart. Not being very happy my mother called the dealership and told them what was going on with my ONE WEEK OLD bike. The dealership then told her that it was her problem! My blood now starting to boil as I am now stuck with a bike that the dealer won’t live up to and fix and I can’t ride.
What can I do??:mad: :mad: