PDA

View Full Version : Ar 15

bluebaron
08-03-2004, 10:32 PM
How much does a new or used AR cost? Does anybody have one?

worm
08-04-2004, 12:17 AM
join the marine corps... and shoot a m-16..... you do not want a ar-15 they are cheap and generic... dont get onne... get a m-16

FastHonda400ex
08-04-2004, 12:40 AM
For an AR look for a Bushmaster or a Rock River Arms one with a flat top upper receiver and the barrel length that you're looking for. My friend has a Bushmaster Varminter and his AR will consistently shoot 1/2" 5 shoot groups from 100 yds all day long.

Pappy
08-04-2004, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by worm
join the marine corps... and shoot a m-16..... you do not want a ar-15 they are cheap and generic... dont get onne... get a m-16

something tells me you know very little about firearms:o

Pappy
08-04-2004, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by bluebaron
How much does a new or used AR cost? Does anybody have one?

bushmaster, colt and armalite are all around $850 new with a 20 inch barrel, conventional sights.

used prices remain high usuually around $600 or so.

if buying used, check the rifling very good with a bore scope and also check the movement between the upper and lower reciever. there should be minimal movement.

300exrider1
08-04-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by FastHonda400ex
For an AR look for a Bushmaster or a Rock River Arms one with a flat top upper receiver and the barrel length that you're looking for. My friend has a Bushmaster Varminter and his AR will consistently shoot 1/2" 5 shoot groups from 100 yds all day long. No kidding, Let me guess you want him to pay lke $300 and have a license to have a fully automatic weapon?? Idiot:rolleyes:

Pappy
08-04-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by 300exrider1
No kidding, Let me guess you want him to pay lke $300 and have a license to have a fully automatic weapon?? Idiot:rolleyes:

yopu dont need a class A liscense to legally own an AR-15.They are not class 3 weapons.
now who is the idiot?

CTmxyfz
08-04-2004, 08:46 AM
Pappy pwnt you.:blah:

worm
08-04-2004, 11:28 AM
yea okay... im just saying compared to an M-16... an ar-15 is generic.
how come you know everything about everything?

Pappy
08-04-2004, 11:33 AM
yea okay... im just saying compared to an M-16... an ar-15 is generic.
how come you know everything about everything?

you have your head on wrong son.

if you want generic then the military's M-16 (AR-15 A1 or A2) is about as generic as they come. they are all the same. the civiliam models are identical to what the troops carry except for 2 things, 1 is a flash suppressor and 2 is the selective fire switch (there is a few parts inside to make the weapon fire full auto or selective fire as it were)

i have several AR-15's in different configurations. At 14 I could field strip, clean and re assemble this weapon blind folded. I can also put a world of hurt on you from distances as close as muzzle point to a shade shy of 1000 yards. (1000 yards is tuff with a 69 grain bullet)

i know what i know and thats all i can say

86350x
08-04-2004, 11:34 AM
Do you have a concealed weapons permit?

:confused:

Pappy
08-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
Do you have a concealed weapons permit?

:confused:

yes

K_Banger125
08-04-2004, 11:40 AM
you had an ar-15 when you where 14:confused:
i had a red ryder bb gun when i was 14

Pappy
08-04-2004, 11:44 AM
technically i had a M-16 not an AR-15 when i was 14. the designation of the two usually denotes a military weapon from a civilianized weapon.

and yes, supervised i was allowed to handle that firearm at that age. for my 15th birthday, i recieved a CAR177A which is based on the AR15 but has a colapsible stock and a 10 inch barrel with a 5 inch flash compressor. that was my toy for along time:p

worm
08-04-2004, 01:59 PM
1000 yards huh? i know the target at 500 is prettty damnn distant...id like to see you hit anything over that

Bretmd94
08-04-2004, 02:10 PM
I have a question.

Whats the difference between a current new AK-47, and ones before they started tracking them?

This is if they track them or whatever they do? I was told by a friend all this stuff and I was jsut wondering if there are any differences, or if he is blowing smoke up my *****.

Jingle 11
08-04-2004, 03:04 PM
true. i think 1000 yards is pushin it a little bit. U.S. snipers compete at 1000 yrds with a damn sniper rifle. thats what they base the championships on for the oylmpics. i dont think ur gonna hit anything relitively close to where u aim with any Ar.

Tantal
08-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Bretmd94
I have a question.

Whats the difference between a current new AK-47, and ones before they started tracking them?

This is if they track them or whatever they do? I was told by a friend all this stuff and I was jsut wondering if there are any differences, or if he is blowing smoke up my *****.

What do you mean by tracking them? Single shot (semi-auto) AK variants can be owned by any US citizen (as long as the individual can pass the instant check - NICS). Select fire (full auto - pre 86) versions require a 200 tax and approval from the FED's. Some states, such as Kommiefornia, banned single shot rifles that have a detachable magazine.

There are no AK-47's in private hands in the US - only museums. The AK-47 is very rare - it was only in production from 1949-1951 where it was replaced by the AK-49 - the AKM came in the late 50's.

The AK's seen for sale here in the U.S. are based after the AK-49 or AKM/RPK.

Check out KrebsCustom.com, ArsenalInc.com, AKUSA.com, and RobinsonArmament.com to check out the many different versions that are for sale.

Pappy
08-04-2004, 05:13 PM
correct the original russian ak-47 is rare in the usa but the ak-47 set the presedent for that weapon and its many clones around the world. i personally dont like it but it gets the job done.

worm, if you doubt my shooting ability i'd suggest you do some investigating. 1000 yards isnt much of an issue with proper training and good equipment. i have a M1A match rifle that will handle 1000 yard shooting with out any problems at all.

as far as the sniper stuff, you all watch too much tv. right up the highway in pennslyvania they have club shoots at 1000 yards and the majority of shooters ARE NOT ex-snipers.

Pappy
08-04-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Jingle 11
i dont think ur gonna hit anything relitively close to where u aim with any Ar.

the .223 69 grain match bullet has been successfully used in 1000 yard matches. it is not the prefered caliber but it will punch paper at that distance.

if you dont know what your talking about do not post wrongful information.

Pappy
08-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Bretmd94
I have a question.

i can only geuss at what your friend was refering too, but ill try to give you an answer.

when the big bad gun laws took affect it limited certain models of guns, and guns that had certain specifiactions. the most imported AK -47 based clone was on that list. most of these were from china and romainia. to get around the restrictions they changed the stock so it didnt incorperate a "pistol" grip and renamed the crop of imported firearms the MAK-90.

you can now once again buy an AK-47 clone with the pistol grip in the USA. there is no real difference between a romainian copy of the AK-47 or the chinese AK-47 as far as mechanics go. they may look different at times but mechanically they are all but identical

lukester720
08-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
you have your head on wrong son.

if you want generic then the military's M-16 (AR-15 A1 or A2) is about as generic as they come. they are all the same. the civiliam models are identical to what the troops carry except for 2 things, 1 is a flash suppressor and 2 is the selective fire switch (there is a few parts inside to make the weapon fire full auto or selective fire as it were)

i have several AR-15's in different configurations. At 14 I could field strip, clean and re assemble this weapon blind folded. I can also put a world of hurt on you from distances as close as muzzle point to a shade shy of 1000 yards. (1000 yards is tuff with a 69 grain bullet)

i know what i know and thats all i can say

Hey Pappy, didn't the military version have an adjustable leanth stock or buttplate also? I didn't know if the civilian ones had that or not.

Pappy
08-04-2004, 05:55 PM
none of the units ive handled have had an adkutable buttplate with the exception of a few units used for competition only.

todays military and the configuration of the squad level weapons have changed so much that its possible. just the optics alone have become so advanced its mind boggling. 20 years ago you wouldnt have found almost every weapon in a platoon with fiber optic sighting

lukester720
08-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Mabey its just on the newer ones, the guy I know that has it was actually mentioned in the book "black hawk down" and its his gun. Its got us military or something to that effect stamped on it and some badarse sights with the adjustable leanth buttplate, its awesome.

BTW how do you spell leanth? I think I always spell it wrong lol.

Pappy
08-04-2004, 06:08 PM
length

i just looked at my newest AR-15 and it doesnt have an adjustable butt plate. but this is civilian so i cant help you on that:p

are you maybe refering to a "colapsable stock"? i have one on my "shorty" that will adjust and lock in 4 different positions for close combat or for compactness. works great when you need to get small:p

Guy400
08-04-2004, 06:15 PM
1000 yards huh? i know the target at 500 is prettty damnn distant...id like to see you hit anything over that I've got a Remington Model 700 .300 Ultra Mag that'll drop someone like a bad habit at 1000 yards.

Pappy
08-04-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
I've got a Remington Model 700 .300 Ultra Mag that'll drop someone like a bad habit at 1000 yards.

have you ever shot a groundhog wit that mini cannon:devil: POOF:macho :eek:

Guy400
08-04-2004, 06:22 PM
have you ever shot a groundhog wit that mini cannon:devil: POOF:macho :eek: Was that a groundhog? Hard to tell when I walked up on it...lmfao:D

lukester720
08-04-2004, 06:25 PM
This actually adjusts the distance between your armpit and the trigger, its pretty slick. Now that I think about it I do believe only the military issue ones are like that, I guess its kinda like having the 16 round clips for my xd-9 only cops and military can have them I guess.

Pappy
08-04-2004, 06:28 PM
you wont believe this, i wouldnt either.

my father in law, the landowner and myself were sitting on the farmers back deck waiting for deer to enter the field behind his house. (crop damage permits) a nice doe comes out, maybe 150 yards away. i get set up and i told my father in law to whistle so she would lift her head. when she did, i touched off and she went flopping down the hillside into standing corn.

we all walked over there and all i found was blood and pieces of skull the size of your thumbnail...no deer:eek: we followed blood for about 100 yards but lost it in the thick green vegatation. all 3 off us knew she shouldnt have ever got up from a hit like that but she did. only thing i can figure is i blew off the top of her skull.

thats the only deer thats ever walked away from my 300 UM

Cole Trane
08-04-2004, 06:32 PM
"Technically" the MAC-90 does have a pistol grip. Just a hole in the stock for your thumb. My buddy just picked up a bushmaster AR-15 and a AK-47 (can't remember what maker) from a gun show brand new for 1200. I wish I had the money for some of those toys, but I love my wheeler too much:o :o

Don't really live in a good area to do a lot of shooting either. I get to go to the CATM range here every year or so to shoot the M-16, no full auto though :( :(

Pappy
08-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider2002
"Technically" the MAC-90 does have a pistol grip. Just a hole in the stock for your thumb.

well the govenment didnt see it that way and thats the only reason it was allowed into the country. im glad they were able to get other models in (magazine capacity is what worked to relax the laws) because i think the mak90 is an ugly mofo and very uncomfortable to handle

310Rduner
08-04-2004, 06:37 PM
Hey pappy, I was just wondering how much leniency LEO's have around the stringent laws here in Kalifornistan... as far as purchasing such things as Ar's, and other "assault rifles". I know they get leniency for extended mags in their pistol; I want to know what other illegal stuff they get to buy:cool:

Pappy: "i have a M1A match rifle that will handle 1000 yard shooting with out any problems at all."

I DEMAND PICS OF THE S/A!1:macho

310Rduner
08-04-2004, 06:39 PM
well the govenment didnt see it that way and thats the only reason it was allowed into the country. im glad they were able to get other models in (magazine capacity is what worked to relax the laws) because i think the mak90 is an ugly mofo and very uncomfortable to handle

Seconded. My cousins Mak 90 is a PITA to shoot, starts wearing on your thumb after a few shots. That gun doesn't feel too good for my tastes, it feels like it's got more recoil than my Yugo Sks for the same bang :blah:

Pappy
08-04-2004, 06:45 PM
california is a total joke. law abiding US citizens cant legally own certain firearms...wtf

god forbid another riot happens, all the homeboys will break out thier arsenal and mr. store owner will be left holding a K frame 38:rolleyes:

washington dc is just as bad, you cant own ANY firearms inside the district. ofcourse they lead the nation in gun induced homicide:p

gun control means hitting your target. guns laws are a joke for the most part. i do agree with the waiting period, but i think they should have an issued card that will alllow you to disregard the brady bills 7 day waiting period for handgun purchases.

i know that i wouldnt buy a gun in anger:D but there are a few that have. if you could get "pre approved" so to speak i think it would be a much better system.

Guy400
08-04-2004, 07:03 PM
you wont believe this, i wouldnt either.

my father in law, the landowner and myself were sitting on the farmers back deck waiting for deer to enter the field behind his house. (crop damage permits) a nice doe comes out, maybe 150 yards away. i get set up and i told my father in law to whistle so she would lift her head. when she did, i touched off and she went flopping down the hillside into standing corn.

we all walked over there and all i found was blood and pieces of skull the size of your thumbnail...no deer:eek: we followed blood for about 100 yards but lost it in the thick green vegatation. all 3 off us knew she shouldnt have ever got up from a hit like that but she did. only thing i can figure is i blew off the top of her skull.

thats the only deer thats ever walked away from my 300 UM We had a similar experience with a deer several years ago. Got her with a bow right through the heart. She jumped and started to run and we swore we saw her fall. We walked over to find her not there but a path where she was walking and it looked like someone took a bucket of blood and just poured it as they went down the trail. We followed this blood trail thinking as bad as she's bleeding we'd find her pretty quick. We never did find her :confused:

Pappy
08-04-2004, 07:17 PM
deer can be pretty damn tuff. i know a guy who killed a decent sized 8 pointer. when he was field dressing the deer he felt a really sharp pain in his hand. he had a huge slice and figured he did it with his own knife.

after getting the deer home and himself stitched up, they found the reason for the cut. someone else had shot the deer the season before with a bow(scar was invisable on the hide) and the arrow had broken off inside the deers chest. the broad head was in the deers chest cavity and thats what he cut his hand on.

i hit a doe with my truck one night. got out, she had 2 broken rear legs so i pulled my .45 and put the muzzle in her ear. she flopped for a few seconds then i threw her in the truck. went and picked up the wife and on the way to the farm i stopped to get gas. while pumping gas the attendant asked what was wrong with my dog! i looked in the back of the truck and she was still breathing and as soon as i touched her she tried to get up:eek: i jumped in the bed of the truck and cut her throat. this was 45 minutes AFTER i put a 230 grain bullet in her head:eek:

cletusEX
08-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
We had a similar experience with a deer several years ago. Got her with a bow right through the heart. She jumped and started to run and we swore we saw her fall. We walked over to find her not there but a path where she was walking and it looked like someone took a bucket of blood and just poured it as they went down the trail. We followed this blood trail thinking as bad as she's bleeding we'd find her pretty quick. We never did find her :confused:

I shot a little spike sika deer with a bow a few years ago. It was coming into a corn pile when I shot it. I made a good shot but all the deer did was jump a little and walk over to the corn pile. It stuck it's head in the corn then walked off into the marsh. I climbed down about an hour later and there it was dead right where it walked into the marsh. I couldn't believe it. That deer never new it was shot. They can be amazing animals.

Cole Trane
08-04-2004, 07:23 PM

Talking about magazine capacity. The same friend of mine has a 75 round drum magazine!! That's freaking crazy shooting 75 bullets as fast as you can. It gets a little outta hand!! Some might call it a waste of bullets, but it's still fun as hell!!:macho :macho

310Rduner
08-04-2004, 09:27 PM
california is a total joke. law abiding US citizens cant legally own certain firearms...wtf

god forbid another riot happens, all the homeboys will break out thier arsenal and mr. store owner will be left holding a K frame 38:rolleyes:

washington dc is just as bad, you cant own ANY firearms inside the district. ofcourse they lead the nation in gun induced homicide:p

gun control means hitting your target. guns laws are a joke for the most part. i do agree with the waiting period, but i think they should have an issued card that will alllow you to disregard the brady bills 7 day waiting period for handgun purchases.

i know that i wouldnt buy a gun in anger:D but there are a few that have. if you could get "pre approved" so to speak i think it would be a much better system.

It's pretty bad here, but with the politiburo commies like Feinstein I'm honestly surprised it's not worse. I think the most retarded law is in their definition of assault rifles. I'm glad I have a cousin who got the good **** before the assault weapons ban:macho Preban 15round beretta mags, 12 round mags for his colt 45, his chinese sks with the Ati folding stock and pistol grip, and 30round detachable mags. His mak 90, various other sks'... and his ar-15 w/30 round mags. I'm glad he bought a second receiver too, when I turn 18 next summer I'm going to convince him he doesn't want to build a second ar, and that he wants to let me do it.:) I'm saving up for my Springfield M1A for next summer:macho

Also.. they really hate giving out ccw's here, near impossible. BUT.. cali does recognize Florida's ccws, and you can get a non-resident ccw from florida without ever setting foot there, and just take the class here locally. I actually found that out from a few police officers on a knife forum I visit.

RideRedEX
08-04-2004, 10:17 PM
the AR 15 i have is a Colt SP1 and i love it. If you want to shoot for some distance find yourself and old sharps rifle, best long distance rifle ever made.

bluebaron
08-05-2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by K_Banger125
you had an ar-15 when you where 14:confused:
i had a red ryder bb gun when i was 14
i got my mini 14, and got my 12 gauge on my 13 b- day;) , both happy days:p

bluebaron
08-05-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Jingle 11
true. i think 1000 yards is pushin it a little bit. U.S. snipers compete at 1000 yrds with a damn sniper rifle. thats what they base the championships on for the oylmpics. i dont think ur gonna hit anything relitively close to where u aim with any Ar.
i was watchign the history channel last night, and this pro. buffaulo hunter shot a Indian at over a 1000 yrds, like 7/8 of a mile, thats insane, with open sights

doctor_915
08-05-2004, 01:52 AM
Just this past week I was looking at a Bushmaster AR, thinking about one, was not informed of other models, I thought they only made one, but I also do not know much about assault rifles, it was 730 and was thinking about laying it away. Any info would be appreciated. This was also without any sights just a plain barrel.

Guy400
08-05-2004, 04:47 AM
i was watchign the history channel last night, and this pro. buffaulo hunter shot a Indian at over a 1000 yrds, like 7/8 of a mile, thats insane, with open sights And he did it with this gun :D

MOFO
08-05-2004, 04:53 AM
My father actually dropped his 3000lb water buffalo with his flint lock (started at only 300 yards - I think, then got closer with each shot)....

He's in the record books for shooting the 2nd largest buffalo in the world with a flintlock. :cool:

Mikenar
08-05-2004, 05:28 AM
Heh, i work in a pawn shop in cali, if you want dumb gun laws.. if you were to get a loan on your own firearm, to pick it up you have to go thru the whole registration process.. $20 and 10 day waiting period, and theres also the drop test for pistols.. all pistol models have to pass a drop test in cali, that the manufacturer has to pay for, so alot of the older gun models that the manufacturers dont make anymore they dont pay to get tested, so FFL holders cant sell them, but you can still sell them private party... *shrug* also in california, on top of a list of approved pistols to sell, there is a LOCK list! all gun locks have to pass a california test.. ahhh to be a gun shop in cali..

Tommy 17
08-05-2004, 08:26 AM
my family is huge into long distance shooting.... my mom and dad and uncle go almost every weekend to shoots... my uncles friend has a 50cal and up on this ridge there was a rock mayb 5ft by 5ft at 1763 yds if i remmeber right... its exactly a mile or something we ranged it... he hit it!!!!!!!!

usually they shoot 1, 3, 5 hundred yards but they do shoot 1000 once a year...

lets put it this way... 100 yds his groups average about .25 of a inch 300 yds they average an inch if not smaller depending on wind... at 500 on a calm day i've seen inch 1/2 groups but most average around the 3 inch group range... put that circle on ur chest i still have lots of room;)

my uncle shoots a 6,000$ burdon 6ppc that is just unbelievable... my mom shoots a remington 700 heavy barrel 22-250 stock... my dad shoots a reminginton 700 light hart barrled 25-06... i would not want to piss them off if they have the clicks on the scope...

this is my moms 22-250 with the tri pod on it for hogs... but they take it off and use differnt rests for matches...

they are insane about this stuff... my dad bought a spotting scope so he can see his bullet holes at 500 and 1000 that is well over 200x:eek2:

cletusEX
08-05-2004, 01:40 PM
My brother lives up in MI and shoots silhoutte matches. They shoot at 100, 200, 388, and 500 meters. All off hand. He shoots a Remington 700 in .308. I would love to do it but they don't really have any matches around my area. He also has a 338 Lapua Mag that will but 3 rounds right around an inch at 300 yards. It's got a 28 inch hart barrel and a 2 inch muzzle brake. With that long of barrel he can get almost 3500 fps with a 200 grain ballistic tip.

I also have a Rock River Arms ar-15. Its the flat-top varmint edition. 24" bull barrel. I've only shot it at 100 yards but it lays them in there real tight.

red2004 TRX450R
08-05-2004, 01:49 PM
My friend’s dad has a AR14 and we shoot crows, wood chuck, and other small furry animals eyes out at 600 years .But I prefer my .308, 30-6 or HMR17 for long range. PA as the largest army in the world on the first day of deer season. And would be biggest gun owning state if not for Texas. I got my first gun when I was 3 days old!
For my 21 birthday I went out and bought my self a SIG pistol 40s&w, and a carry permit.

And yes the Bushmaster AR15 sucks get a good one. If U do it is just like the M16 and any machinist can make it in to a M16 with the right blue print!!! (I did not say that did I)

And as for fire arm Bands I think it is wack. Just look at Switzerland every one there is army trained and as an assault rifle. But where is the crime o wait there is none because every one has an assault rifle. And U are not going to brake in to some ones house if you know there is several people armed and trained with assault rifles.

Guns, Quads, Chicks , and Beer is what it is all about!!!!!

bluebaron
08-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by red2004 TRX450R

And as for fire arm Bands I think it is wack. Just look at Switzerland every one there is army trained and as an assault rifle. But where is the crime o wait there is none because every one has an assault rifle. And U are not going to brake in to some ones house if you know there is several people armed and trained with assault rifles.

Guns, Quads, Chicks , and Beer is what it is all about!!!!!

HAhaha, no ****, you would be not to smart if you did that.

When do congress or what ever vote on the assualt ban, i knows its this year, cuase it was made in 94 right?

southbeach14
08-05-2004, 02:11 PM
a good gun website is impactguns.com

310Rduner
08-05-2004, 04:22 PM
HAhaha, no ****, you would be not to smart if you did that.

When do congress or what ever vote on the assualt ban, i knows its this year, cuase it was made in 94 right?

It should hopefully sunset at the start of Sept. (This year):macho Buy as many Hi-cap mags for the most popular guns, and if it goes back up again you got a small fortune in mags.

red2004 TRX450R
08-06-2004, 08:11 AM
ya I heard Bush is will not sign the ban. (TX is the largest gun owning state u know)

FastHonda400ex
08-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Sept 13th or 14th is when the AWB will sunset:devil: As I've read a few articles about it, the democrats "do not" have any other legislation that they can try and attach a ban or extention onto, so they're out of luck in that way.

If Pres Bush signs a new AWB, then there goes his chance for re-election, and he has said that he wouldn't sign a new ban or an extention anyway:D

310Rduner
08-07-2004, 01:11 AM
I look forward to turning 18 this june, hope it's still out by then:macho

Plante400
10-10-2005, 08:58 PM
i love my romanian AK... Love it im 17 btw:D

they have 1000 yard open sight setup on them
but i dont know about an AK making a 1000 yard shot at a target.. highly doubtfull but its fun..
when i got the money and am 18 i will get myself an ar-15 and many others:) we have tons of guns at my house:)