PDA

View Full Version : Sponsership!

z400guy21
08-03-2004, 09:14 PM
HOW DO I GET SPONSERED??? how do i even start racing like you people?? i have a 2004 z400 im 14 im from nj. There ar no good tracks near me so ive been going to jackfrost and rausche creek. Can someone help me out on how to get sponsered and to start racing?

XCAdam89
08-03-2004, 09:20 PM
First of all, you are not going to get any sponsors if they see "sponsership" spelt on the resume. It is "sponsorship" And I doubt a 14yr. old will get sponsored, on a z400 anyways. But you never know.

Freestylemxr
08-03-2004, 09:24 PM
Send out a bunch of resumes to different companys, you might want to race a couple of races first so that you can put some pictures and results. If you go to www.acracing.com there is a good page about how to write a good resume ;) hope that helps

racergurl99
08-03-2004, 09:25 PM
LOL...yah sponsorship~
well u can get sponsors by putting out resumes, thats what i did....i have about 16 real good sponsors and there awesome~
im 14 with a resume so it works out~!:blah:

XCAdam89
08-04-2004, 08:08 AM
You should also check out sponsorhouse. www.sponsorhouse.com

Mxjunkie
08-04-2004, 08:10 AM
from what ive herd, it helps having some race results, videos and pictures to show them

roostin_dale
08-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by z400guy21
HOW DO I GET SPONSERED??? how do i even start racing like you people?? i have a 2004 z400 im 14 im from nj. There ar no good tracks near me so ive been going to jackfrost and rausche creek. Can someone help me out on how to get sponsered and to start racing?

first of all you have to be 16 to race a z400. All i did was write up some resumes, threw in some racing pictures and a picture of me. Sent them out to a crapload of companies....it helps for it to by typed too. Do a search, there was a big post about this awhile back..

trick450r
08-04-2004, 09:40 AM
how can you get sponsored if you cant even race yet??

JR3
08-04-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by z400guy21
no good track by u where do u live at in nj ever been to english town

quadrcr161
08-04-2004, 10:14 AM
you need to have some experience, and a reason for them to invest into you. sponsorship can be a lot of work and not the joy ride alot of people think it is. you have to prove to them that you will display their product since you will be advertisement for them, they are useing you as advertisement, thats it. the more you can prove to them that you will get their product out the better chance you have. if your not even racing yet you dont really stand a chance, why should they pick you up when tons of amatures are running their stickers for free already?

1badex
08-04-2004, 10:37 AM
i wouldnt go out bugging people for free stuff.go and ride at the track and earn peoples respect as a rider.

08-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Just a staement to through in here:

Being sponsored is privilage, think of it that way. I see way too many people take there sponsors for granit. There a couple things i think should be done once you get sponsored. 1) learn about the company, Find out why their products are the way they are. This will help with #2. 2) speek up about your sponsors do everything you can to help promote them. Just saying they are the best to other people probbly isn't the best way sell their product. tell people information about the products you are using.

these companies are selling you products at a discount. They are giving you a break. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO FOR THEM? running some races with one little sticker covered in dirt is not always the best way to help them out. remember they are helping you.

Stay in touch with your sponsors give them feed back and let them know how things are going. This will help build a relationship with them, and help keep them as a sponsor.

i feel very fortunate about the sponsors I have. I feel horrible that I have not had the finish this year to help them out that way. i promise I have done everything I can to make up for that any other way i can.

One last thing: Be presentable not just by looks but how you handle yourself too. keep you quad and yourself clean and looking nice. And make yourself known!

Ok that is all I have. Just a few things that have help me BUILD some great sponsors and friendships!