PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Big Gun

JIMTED79
08-03-2004, 09:08 PM
JUST BOUGHT A 2003 HONDA 400EX AND WANT TO START MAKING IT FASTER. I REALLY LIKE THE BIG GUN SET UP FOR A FULL EXHAUST SYSTEM, ANYBODY OUT THERE THAT DOSE NOT LIKE IT FOR WHATEVER REASON? I HAVE ONLY HEARD GOOD THINGS.:confused:

cals400ex
08-04-2004, 12:30 PM
most other systems will produce more power. however, the big gun is nice if your only worried about the low gears. if you want some top end gains, i would look into others.

wvspeedfreak
08-04-2004, 07:41 PM
I have a Big Gun full system on my 400ex.It is a decent system and will provide some nice power gains but in all honesty there are better systems out there for the same money.If I had it to do over I would have gotten the HMF.

ex kid
08-04-2004, 09:35 PM
you can't go wrong with their products. i have had them on another machine and the power gain was great and the finish of the ceramic coating has held up for a solid two years. i just orderd another Big Gun system for a dirt bike and expect the same quality and customer service.

Toadz400
08-04-2004, 11:00 PM
I have a Big Gun slip-on, no airbox lid and I run a 14t sprocket. I LOVE my low-end power, not much top end...but that's what my Banshee is for:D .

I've ridden on an HMF slip-on and I am really pleased with the Big Gun more, but that is because I want a bigger low-end hit out of my 400ex.

It's all about where you want your power and how much of it you want...HMF seems to be more spread out, Big Gun is more focused on low/mid (which for ME, is where I want it).

A lot of people will tell you to go with everything else...but I'm giving my unbiased opinion, as I have ridden on different pipes (Including the X-6 which most people recommend).

Hope I didn't offend anyone?:confused:

cals400ex
08-05-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
I have a Big Gun slip-on, no airbox lid and I run a 14t sprocket. I LOVE my low-end power, not much top end...but that's what my Banshee is for:D .

I've ridden on an HMF slip-on and I am really pleased with the Big Gun more, but that is because I want a bigger low-end hit out of my 400ex.

It's all about where you want your power and how much of it you want...HMF seems to be more spread out, Big Gun is more focused on low/mid (which for ME, is where I want it).

A lot of people will tell you to go with everything else...but I'm giving my unbiased opinion, as I have ridden on different pipes (Including the X-6 which most people recommend).

Hope I didn't offend anyone?:confused:

i totally agree. if your want low end power, get the big gun. if you want more top end, get something else. my x-6 just wants to rev so dang high. i will be drag racing and it will feel like i am at 5000 rpms and then i hit the rev limiter. i think this pipe is even too big for my 426. all the power is at higher rpms and the pipe even wants to rev farther than my bike will let me. i will have to do a bit more testing since i now get my x-6 coated.

Pvt. Maggot
08-06-2004, 09:29 AM
my bro runs a big gun full race system..that thing is wickid..i rode a lrd full systemed 400 and a hmf 400 and i like the big gun over them both..it sounds better..and makes so much more low end..and still has top end too..great pipe..can't go wrong with it :)