PDA

View Full Version : What r these husbands thinking?

Foxyangel0425
08-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Aug. 2: Salt Lake City Police Chief Rick Dinse announces Mark Hacking's arrest.
MSNBC

The Associated Press
Updated: 5:51 p.m. ET Aug. 3, 2004SALT LAKE CITY - The husband of a missing woman told a “reliable citizen witness” in the psychiatric ward that he killed his wife as she slept and then threw her body in a trash bin, according to a court filing.

The document, released Tuesday by the Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Department, also says investigators found human blood on a knife in the bedroom of Mark Hacking’s apartment and on the couple’s headboard and bedrail.

Blood found in the bedroom matched traces of blood found in Lori Hacking’s car, according to the statement.

Mark Hacking was arrested Monday on a charge of aggravated murder, even though his wife’s body has not been found. Lori Hacking has not been seen since July 19, when Hacking said his wife failed to return from a morning jog.

Investigators believe the 27-year-old woman was killed in the couple’s apartment and that her body is buried somewhere in 3,000 tons of trash at the county landfill. Searches using dogs were to resume Wednesday night.

Mark Hacking, 28, has not been formally charged. He is being held without bail and was placed on suicide watch.

While thousands of friends and volunteers turned out to search for the missing woman, police already were investigating her husband and searching the couple’s apartment.

Police were seen removing a box spring — but no mattress — from the apartment. They refused to confirm that they had seized an old mattress from a nearby trash bin.

On the morning that Hacking reported his wife had disappeared, police have said, he was buying a mattress even though he told friends and authorities he had been searching her jogging route.

Two days later, news organizations discovered that Hacking had lied about graduating from the University of Utah and lied about being accepted at a medical school in North Carolina, where the couple was to have moved within just days.

Mark Hacking was hospitalized after he was seen running around naked outside a motel where he had taken a room, hours after making an emotional appeal on television for help in searching for his wife.

Lori Hacking’s brother, Paul Soares, told “The Early Show” on CBS on Tuesday that the situation is unimaginable.

“It’s been described as surreal, and that’s really how we feel: a situation that you just can’t believe is happening,” said Soares. “It does come as a shock to me because we did know Mark for so long. But, at the same token, you just don’t know what someone’s capable of.”

Lori Hacking had told friends that she was five weeks pregnant, but police said she had not confirmed a home pregnancy test by visiting a doctor. If her body is found and the pregnancy is confirmed, prosecutors could add an additional murder charge.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5570012/

Butters
08-03-2004, 09:35 PM
thats just horrible to hear. if he hated his wife that much he should have just divorced her.

Foxyangel0425
08-04-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Butters
thats just horrible to hear. if he hated his wife that much he should have just divorced her.

I think he got scared when she found out about all his lies (planning on going to med school etc), and he thought he had no other choice. Its a real shame cause she was 5 wks preg. :( Sick sick people in this world.

Meek
08-06-2004, 02:58 AM
An eye for an eye, please let this guy fry.

400exdad
08-06-2004, 06:46 AM
This guy was a piece of cr@p! Its amazing though that he got away with it for so long.... then again, they do say love is blind.

stiffy
08-06-2004, 07:38 AM
Maybe she was a real pain in the @ss wanted to be a Dr's wife so he had to lie cause that's the only thing that would shut her up. That is sad though I am waiting to see what happens there are find lori signs on the stop sign by my house still. I guess I could take them down. If ya want more info go to www.ksl.com it's our local news station.

bigblock
08-06-2004, 07:43 AM
They should let her dad in the cell while that ******* is sleeping

exrider360
08-06-2004, 07:59 AM
peace of sh** he should die

stiffy
08-06-2004, 09:49 AM
You should have seen Lori's adoptive parents on the news when they had a press conference once they found out Mark had confessed the mom had to make herself cry and when she did it didn't seem real. I'm not on his side but something fishy is going on.

lol
08-06-2004, 10:00 AM
he should be shot :mad: