PDA

View Full Version : quality Swing arm

Chanman420q
08-03-2004, 08:45 PM
well my stock swing arm is pretty beat up. so i need to go aftermarket. i want to go with LSR because i pretty much have a complete LSR rear end. but im also considering the burgard because getting it in chrome is cheaper then the LSR. i also heard the LSR is kinda weak. The houser is another option. Walsh is out of the question because of price. I also think the JB one has a pretty cool design to it too. anyone have any info on the herrmann s-arms? i have there front a arms and there pretty nice.

K_Fulk
08-03-2004, 08:58 PM
My laeger is 5 years old , if that tells you anything.

TC426EX
08-03-2004, 09:01 PM
I used to run a lonestar and cracked it like everyone else, so I would steer clear of those. I am running a JB right now like you mention and have found it to be pretty much one of the best swingarms for the 400ex, and many agree. It is VERY similar in design to the Laeger model and has a big circle cut out of the rear for easy access to your grease zerk on your carrier. I havent heard of people cracking the JB and hear nothing but good things about them at the track so I would definitely reccomend the JB. They are gathering quite a good reputation among racers and riders alike and Jody Bateman was the mechanic of the year last year at the ATVA awards banquet. I havent heard too much about the burgard's strength personally, but I think more people run Laeger and JB on the 400ex than anything else from what I see.

CTmxyfz
08-03-2004, 09:33 PM
walsh...

Chanman420q
08-03-2004, 09:49 PM
i believe if i get the burgard it will be chrome, which i think is 650 bucks, thats about how much al the other swingarms. I thnk the chrome would look good with a chery red frame

bradley300
08-03-2004, 09:53 PM
for the price, i think burgaurd makes a great swingarm, but i ended up doing a few finishing touches myself that i was not happy about.

first, the rear shock mount was too narrow (also mounted a brand new elka shock, so its quite possible that this was a too wide elka busshing instead, but i never thought to compare and find out who was wrong)

the right side pivot was too narrow and the pivot sleeve that goes thru the bushing had to be shaved a tad.

the last was the swingarm mounts were too big and had to be ground on so i could get a skid plate to bolt up.

keep in mind this was ona blaster and my not be a problem on a 400ex b/c i'm sure he had sold man more of them and fixed any small problems such as mine.
i did like the fact that my swingy is a honda style rear end (wich leagers dosent offer for a blaster and LSR wants 750 bucks for) i think the burgaurd swingy was 525 retail plus 125 for the needed honda carrier. so i still came out cheaper than LSR but have heard only good reports about burgaurds durabilty and LSR i cannot say the same, tho i do have an lsr on my 300ex and have no complaints after 3 years, but the price differnce sold me on the burgaurd product over buying another LSR

redroost85
08-04-2004, 09:25 AM
Chanman. JB would be an obvious first choice....you can't go wrong with anything JB.;)

But my second choice would be Houser...some of my friends run their stuff and I am very impressed with the quality and finish.:)

bradley300
08-04-2004, 09:51 AM
i will agree, houser makes GREAT products, and most of the time they seem a litte less harsh on the wallet as well

Chanman420q
08-04-2004, 04:35 PM
the JRD swing arms are pretty cool looking, any info on these?

dsracer666
08-04-2004, 04:45 PM
www.tbrproducts.com

its stood up to the pounding of my ds!

bone705
08-04-2004, 09:08 PM
is having the big hole in the carrier part ok for XC or is it more of a mx thing?

bradley300
08-05-2004, 08:49 PM
it should be fine for xc, dirt will get in there anyway, at least it gives it a bigger hole to get back out

EvilJester400EX
08-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Viper.

www.LegacyATV.com

TC426EX
08-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Go JB or Laeger you wont regret it.... make your own decision, but those are the top 2 in more peoples eyes than just mine....

Chanman420q
08-06-2004, 08:39 AM
quality is a big factor in this, but then again so is price. im really starting to like that JRD. anyone have experience with it

Sc0
08-06-2004, 09:40 AM
I have never seen anyone complain about JRD or Houser products if that answers your question.