PDA

View Full Version : is it me or do dirtbike racers complain to much

Ripitupfilms
08-03-2004, 07:56 PM
In P.A. there's a very popular track called sleepy hollow u might of heard of it.:D But in the last year they have got a new owner who is real nice and keeps the track in nice condition but next year 2005 race season there goin to be no more quads allowed to race on the big track:( because the dirt bike racers complain that the quads mess up the track.There tons of quad racers that race there and no one ever complains about riding into those bumps the bikes make before the turn and riding threw ruts and ridin into ruts on the face of every jump.(QUADS MESS UP THE TRACK) hmm very confused i cant see how they do i think the quads groom the track also in practice if it rains they make the quad run first ( to groom the track of mud of course) i really dont think the quads are treated as well as the bikes are:confused: this also seems to start to happen at my favorite track in pine grove P.A. the flying dutchman

ZRider400
08-03-2004, 08:20 PM
haha thats bull ****.

quads deff dont ruin the track its the other way around.

maybe they dont like when quads flatten their ruts that they rely on for makin some turns.

o well either way...i believe its bikes that mess up the tracks and quads that groom them.

Berry
08-03-2004, 08:28 PM
yea they complain here too that we make the track slick, well they make the track rutted for us and we dont say nothin!!!!

ZapsRacing
08-03-2004, 08:44 PM
I race bikes an i like when quads rut up tracks, an when they make the turns slick there is still usu. a berm on the outside so it aint bad... some ppl want a perfect track but they need to suck it up an just race it

Johnny & Monica
08-03-2004, 08:48 PM
Our local tracked stop racing quads here in mo. an we use to go to lamoni Iwoa an they stopped the quads to. Can`t we all get along!!!!!:macho

blue
08-03-2004, 08:50 PM
at my local track the water system breaks all the time and the bike dont like quads becuz we make too much dust.

ex kid
08-03-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
In P.A. there's a very popular track called sleepy hollow u might of heard of it.:D But in the last year they have got a new owner who is real nice and keeps the track in nice condition but next year 2005 race season there goin to be no more quads allowed to race on the big track:( because the dirt bike racers complain that the quads mess up the track.There tons of quad racers that race there and no one ever complains about riding into those bumps the bikes make before the turn and riding threw ruts and ridin into ruts on the face of every jump.(QUADS MESS UP THE TRACK) hmm very confused i cant see how they do i think the quads groom the track also in practice if it rains they make the quad run first ( to groom the track of mud of course) i really dont think the quads are treated as well as the bikes are:confused: this also seems to start to happen at my favorite track in pine grove P.A. the flying dutchman

yea they do ***** alot but if you ran the track you'd be in the same boat as the dude that runs the track. bikes are where the dough is at, cut and dry. then they ***** when they havta wait on the gate while the crew grooms the track and trys to make it too there likeing.

i have raced the past two MX's at the DMan and the quad turnout the last time was about 15 quads. i havn't been to Sleepy Hollow yet ,but i've herd good things.

i race D6 harescrambles too and its all the same stuff, the bike guys seem to get what they want.

BlasterBTW
08-04-2004, 02:31 AM
Its really a shame, isn't it? I am at almost every Sleepy Hollow race. They made alot of changes to the track, all geared towards bikes. Where the hell are we ganna race around here??? Flying Dutchman ain't any better. Hell I stopped going there because of the bull**** that goes on. The staff is absolutly nuts. They either never water the track, or they water it untill there is 2 feet of water on the track. I also overheard a bunch of bikers talking about how us quads rip the track up too much..... honestly.... what the hell...

:confused:

Bryan

ex kid
08-04-2004, 05:47 AM
yeaaaa dude nobody can stand the staff at teh DMAN. he only cares about the dam minis there.

humboldt hills
08-04-2004, 07:24 AM
This goes for all offroad riders.
United we stand...Divided we fall
I can see both sides of the argument.
And so can you.
If we all would talk about these issues like normal human beings, without bashing the other guys, there would be allot better solutions.
Good Luck
Jay

1badex
08-04-2004, 07:39 AM
at our local track, inbetween the races of dirtbikes and quads they bring out a tractor and groom the track so it is the same terrain for bikes and quads.just my 2 cent:confused:

daddio
08-04-2004, 10:14 AM
we have the same problem. but it's not all dirtbikers. it's only the ones who NEED the "ruts" to go fast, that complain about the quads "messin up the track" or smothing out the ruts. the pro's and dirtbikers who really know how to ride, welcom the quads to "groom the track" for them.

ex kid
08-04-2004, 02:00 PM
yo ATVRACER9M, what up Andrew?

it's Papa, blue 03' that last two races. i saw the number at the end of your anme and just relized it.

double ought
08-04-2004, 02:29 PM
i rce quads in alabama and we have the same problems and some of us got together with some track owners and started our own series...quads only...and it seems to be catching on cause now other tracks are wanting to do it....just a suggestion you might want to get some people up and talk to the track owners....hope that helps

daddio
08-04-2004, 02:43 PM
I wish we had enough quad "racers" up here to do have our own series. but we put up with the dirt bikers for now. most of them are not that bad. but every once and a while the track owners listen to them, and the quads can't race there any more.

quadrcr161
08-04-2004, 03:06 PM
we could have more, and once you get a quad only race, more quads do come out. at the last race we had 45 i think, and the 1st race we had over 50, and some of those raced 2 classes. it really has been nice not having to deal with the bikes, and we even had a good crowd turn out as well.

Ripitupfilms
08-04-2004, 03:15 PM
papa are u racing the next D Man its a five footer day ? my blaster is all torn down i got another quad that im not used to yet so ill be racing it instead of my blaster

daddio
08-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by quadrcr161
we could have more, and once you get a quad only race, more quads do come out. at the last race we had 45 i think, and the 1st race we had over 50, and some of those raced 2 classes. it really has been nice not having to deal with the bikes, and we even had a good crowd turn out as well.
we can get 30 - 50 racers pretty easy too. but the promoters want 200 - 500 riders to make it "worth wile"

quadrcr161
08-04-2004, 03:24 PM
that really sucks, we have some very nice track owners and they were really impressed when we had 50 quads at the 1st race. just get togeather and noone practice when they call you out to groom the track. let the bikes do it. i know before the series started here the other places would flood the tracks and expect us to clean the mud for them. let the bikes go out and deal with all that mud.

ex kid
08-04-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
papa are u racing the next D Man its a five footer day ? my blaster is all torn down i got another quad that im not used to yet so ill be racing it instead of my blaster

yea my name throws alot of people off, i joined here when i raced an EX last season. i emailed you back

wurrCRAZY
08-04-2004, 07:34 PM
some of the tracks around here just started letting the quads go out in the first 5 motos and then they groom the track and let the rest of the dirtbikes go out and after the quads go out for there second moto they groom it again... I thought it worked out awesome except for all of the dust on the second set of motos for us quads.

BlueZ440
08-04-2004, 10:54 PM
We have the same issue in Idaho.. But so far only 2 tracks said no to atv. the other ones will let us race but we go last and sometimes first.

KY Woods Rider
08-05-2004, 04:48 PM
As someone who has raced both bikes and quads as well as worked at an MX track, I can tell you there's no shortage of complaining on either side. I thought I'd heard a lot of complaints as a racer, but if you work at an MX track, you'll soon see that there are way too may whiners and crybabies in the world.

The bike riders say there's too much dust or it's muddy (it's never perfect), the quads make the turns too slick, the quads stir up too much dust, and there's too many rocks.

The quad riders say there's too much dust or it's muddy (once again, it's never just right), the bikes are digging foot-deep ruts which are messing up the corners, the bikes are making uneven spots on the jumps and in the whoops, and there's too many rocks.

Most of the whiners are repeat offenders, and you can count on hearing from them at every race. Then there are the guys who never complain about anything no matter how bad the track is. Now, guess which group usually wins and which group is made up of sore losers:D. If most of the complainers would spend more time practicing and less time complaining, then they might be able to ride worth a crap and maybe they could do so even when the track isn't perfect.

montyjcm
08-05-2004, 06:49 PM
That sucks, I am glad the elsinore has a specific quad track. What really pisses me off, though, is the fact that the bikes have 5 tracks, and they still go on the quad track with no regard for us.:mad:

TheMachine
08-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Last time I raced at my home track the owners sprayed the track and didnt even drag it they just made the quads practice first so we could get the track ready for the bikes. It wasnt fun almost getting thrown off the the bike when you hit a jump and landed in a mud puddle. At another track i race at all the bikes get 2 practice runs and the quads only get 1 because they say we take too much time:rolleyes:

YamahaChick_722
08-08-2004, 07:48 PM
ok i dont get it the quads groom the track they dont mess it up. its the dirt bikes that mess it up they make ruts in the corners and it dosent botter me when i race so i guess i dont get it.
GET OVER IT DIRT BIKERS

humboldt hills
08-09-2004, 07:46 AM
OK here is an honest perspective from a new track owner that has raced both bikes and quads.
We just started having open practice a cpl weeks ago.
We are getting equal numbers of bikes and quads.
This last weekend was a big Eyeopener for me.
First off I don't have a water truck yet to keep down the dust.
I could care less about ruts or smooth track because discing a track is the easiest thing to do.
Friday and Saturday was nice because there was a stiff breeze getting rid of the dust. When Sunday rolled around I went over to watch for a bit. This is a true story.
When I got to the track there were about 12 bikes on it, all riding pretty hard. There was some dust flying but not enough to make it unsafe. After the bikes decided to take a break. One big guy on prarie 650 went out on the track, don't get me wrong this guy is fast and crazy on that quad, but after he did his first cpl laps he had to stop because he couldn't see. This is my only issue with atvs on the track. And even with 2 water trucks pumping all the water I could, I still don't think I could keep up with the dust.
I am just stating the facts.
This is the reason that atv's run right after watering. And why they overwater.
I understand where everyone is coming from, and human nature is to defend your interest. But complaining is why you are losing tracks to ride. Because when it comes down to it, there are more bikes paying to practice and race then quads, and when everyone starts complaining who do think is going to win.
I have already had a few complaints from atv riders and nothing from bikes.
All I am saying is, there is a better solution. Sometimes you got to suck it up, and worry about the offroad riders as a whole. Before its to late. The big thing now is the Bike only issue at tracks. I am telling you right now that the real big issue everyong is missing are the neighbors getting together and fileing lawsuites to shut down riding facilities. Wake UP America! Quit B!tch!ng and start fixing! Before there is nothing to complain about!