PDA

View Full Version : Long Travel Question....

TC426EX
08-03-2004, 06:30 PM
Right now Im running the suspension setup in my sig. I have a good opportunity to get some 19" longtravel PEP limited mass shocks, and Im thinking of replacing my standard travel ones and front end setup. My question is, do I need a longtravel rear too, or would I be able to keep my limited mass rear shock thats setup for my JB swingarm the way it is if I do the change. I dont want it to just "work", I want it to work good because I dont have any problems with my current setup. Making the switch to a LT front end is something Ive wanted to do for a while, so would my bike handle right with an LT front and standard rear if they are the same model of shock??

K_Fulk
08-03-2004, 07:35 PM
I think you would be ok.

Chanman420q
08-03-2004, 08:41 PM
as long as the front shocks dont change your ride height in the front, the bike will handle the same. i suggest you ditch the Long travel limited mass shocks, arent those discontinued? im pretty sure they are, so they have to be older shocks. i suggest u have them checked out first. but to anwser your question, you'll be completely fine as long as the ride height is set at the same level your standard travel shocks are at

TC426EX
08-03-2004, 08:52 PM
OK guys thanks. When I get them I of course was gonna have them revalved and serviced fresh before I mount them. Thanks for replying to the thread chanman, youre not so bad after all man, no beef....

anyone else?