PDA

View Full Version : Maxxis Rooster Rears Paddles

JOEX
08-03-2004, 06:08 PM
I currently have have Skat-Trak Haulers on the rear and they are great, but they are getting worn and it's about time for replacements.

I plan on staying with straight paddles, I have no problem turning with them and like the hook up they offer.

Does anyone here use the Rooster rears? How do you like them and what's the weight?

QuadJunkies
08-04-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
I currently have have Skat-Trak Haulers on the rear and they are great, but they are getting worn and it's about time for replacements.

I plan on staying with straight paddles, I have no problem turning with them and like the hook up they offer.

Does anyone here use the Rooster rears? How do you like them and what's the weight? DONT GET THEM JOE....Do you remember my thread last summer about how they fell apart after a ONE day of riding??????:huh they suck......dont waste your money. Ill Try and find my thread about it for you...;)

QuadJunkies
08-04-2004, 12:42 AM
I think this is it......... http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60898&highlight=roosters

SHOCKER
08-04-2004, 10:13 AM
geez, that sucks, atleast ya got some haulers :blah:

QuadJunkies
08-04-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by SHOCKER
geez, that sucks, atleast ya got some haulers :blah: lol.... Those Haulers have been really good paddles too!!!!:blah:

JOEX
08-04-2004, 08:33 PM
I remember that Tina, I didn't remember they were the Roosters. I wonder what Maxxis did about it.

Looks like i'll be sticking with Haulers, probably extremes;)

QuadJunkies
08-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I remember that Tina, I didn't remember they were the Roosters. I wonder what Maxxis did about it.

Looks like i'll be sticking with Haulers, probably extremes;) The Extremes are awesome!!!!!!!:blah: ;)

bryan447
08-21-2004, 05:05 PM
my dad has them for his kfx 400 and the get no grip and their called roosters u think theyed at least roost

PismoGuy400
08-23-2004, 11:11 AM
i dont see how thats possible, you can roost in the sand w/ stock tires. maybe hes doesnt know how to push thr throttle or something.

wheres the BS meter

zephead400ex
08-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Whats up bro? I am running straight cut King's Paddles, they are exactly like Haulers but 1/2 the price. I had never heard of this manufacture until I visited a bike shop at the dunes in OK. They have really impressed me and I recommend them to all.

...not sure if they have an 'extreme' cut though

later

QuadJunkies
08-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Whats up bro? I am running straight cut King's Paddles, they are exactly like Haulers but 1/2 the price. I had never heard of this manufacture until I visited a bike shop at the dunes in OK. They have really impressed me and I recommend them to all.

...not sure if they have an 'extreme' cut though

later Are you referring to the Turbo Paddles???? We have them on my Honda and I love them!!!:blah: great price too!!!

PismoGuy400
08-23-2004, 12:51 PM
who carries those king paddles, any online stores?

thanks

QuadJunkies
08-24-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by PismoGuy400
who carries those king paddles, any online stores?

thanks I got them from a local dealer who gets them from Western Power sports Warehouse. Im sure your local ATV dealer could get them for you. Ill see if I can find out some info for you ;) When I bought mine (2 years ago) they were like 56.00 each They have taken a beatin and I can get another year out of them :)

QuadJunkies
08-24-2004, 12:11 AM
This is WPS link,but you have to be a dealer to order from them

http://www.wps-inc.com/CGI-BIN/LANSAWEB?WEBEVENT+L38159D7B26C471B0160512V+CEP+ENG

Heres the webstie link for ya and a pic of the tire!!! :)

http://www.kingstire.com/KT-177.htm

XANDADA
08-24-2004, 07:13 AM
how are those Sand Gecko's supposed to be?

dirtmomma
08-24-2004, 10:06 AM
WEll I know NOTHING about paddles LOL but we used a set of Gecko's ont he blaster this last weekend & thye seemed good, they were 8 paddle which if we were to buy some I think we would go w/ 6, DJ couldn't get any power in 6th but once he put a little more air in them then he could but not all it had. I'll have to forward this link to my brother he's wanting to get some for his R, he almost fainted when he seen @ the Sand Lake store they wanted $115 a tire :eek2:

Hey Tina BTW I LOVED MY 300 in the sand!!!!!!!!! I just ran my Duro's w/ radials & it seemed to do fine, took a little bit to get going but once I was going I had A BLAST, I even did some hill climbs w/ it :eek: I want to become a full time sand rider LMAO wish the dunes were closer hehehe, I liked that not coming home all muddy ;)

QuadJunkies
08-24-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
WEll I know NOTHING about paddles LOL but we used a set of Gecko's ont he blaster this last weekend & thye seemed good, they were 8 paddle which if we were to buy some I think we would go w/ 6, DJ couldn't get any power in 6th but once he put a little more air in them then he could but not all it had. I'll have to forward this link to my brother he's wanting to get some for his R, he almost fainted when he seen @ the Sand Lake store they wanted $115 a tire :eek2:

Hey Tina BTW I LOVED MY 300 in the sand!!!!!!!!! I just ran my Duro's w/ radials & it seemed to do fine, took a little bit to get going but once I was going I had A BLAST, I even did some hill climbs w/ it :eek: I want to become a full time sand rider LMAO wish the dunes were closer hehehe, I liked that not coming home all muddy ;) I just KNEW you would love the sand......:D :blah: Glad to had a good time!!! IMO there are alot better chiose for sand tires than those Geckos,and they are HEAVY.....:( I love the Hauler and my Turbo Paddles I tried the V paddles and didnt really care for them. I have one other set but I cant remeber what they are called( maybe Sand Devils??) they are indestructable!!!:macho

PismoGuy400
08-24-2004, 11:28 AM
id never buy anything except a soda out of the soda machine from a local dealer.

theyre a rip off... if theres an online dealer that sells those kings tires that someone knows me please post it here or pm me the link

thanks

zephead400ex
08-24-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by PismoGuy400
id never buy anything except a soda out of the soda machine from a local dealer.

theyre a rip off... if theres an online dealer that sells those kings tires that someone knows me please post it here or pm me the link

thanks

Originally posted by QuadJunkies
This is WPS link,but you have to be a dealer to order from them

http://www.wps-inc.com/CGI-BIN/LANSAWEB?WEBEVENT+L38159D7B26C471B0160512V+CEP+ENG

Heres the webstie link for ya and a pic of the tire!!! :)

http://www.kingstire.com/KT-177.htm

QuadJunkies
08-24-2004, 11:44 AM
heres an online dealer....... http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/departmentC.aspx?department=647&division=6&Manufacturer=71&Class=940

Big - D Racing
09-11-2004, 12:01 PM
You guys are all crazy!!!!!! I have straight blade 8 cup roosters and the rooster fronts. They kick a**. I have been duning for over 15 years and they are my favorite right next to haulers. My friends hate riding behind me even when going slow because sand pelts them hard. They complain after each ride, that's why I always try to cut them off and they always try to stay in front of me. I had them all last season and am still using them this season because they show absolutely no wear after a ffull season!!!!!!!!! I tell everyone to get them. As for a set falling apart after a day obvisouly there was an error in their production process. And for the guy who said dad had them and they didn't roost, probably they were angled roosters and he probably didn't have enough power to push them. So many people do that they try buying a bad paddle that they see on banshee's hauling a** and then wonder why they are going slower then normal.THE POWER ISN"T THERE IN THE MOTOR, NOT THE PADDLES.
P.S. Turbo Paddles are the heaviest paddle on the market, there is a reason they are so cheap, they'll weigh you down.

QuadJunkies
09-11-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Big - D Racing
You guys are all crazy!!!!!! I have straight blade 8 cup roosters and the rooster fronts. They kick a**. I have been duning for over 15 years and they are my favorite right next to haulers. My friends hate riding behind me even when going slow because sand pelts them hard. They complain after each ride, that's why I always try to cut them off and they always try to stay in front of me. I had them all last season and am still using them this season because they show absolutely no wear after a ffull season!!!!!!!!! I tell everyone to get them. As for a set falling apart after a day obvisouly there was an error in their production process. And for the guy who said dad had them and they didn't roost, probably they were angled roosters and he probably didn't have enough power to push them. So many people do that they try buying a bad paddle that they see on banshee's hauling a** and then wonder why they are going slower then normal.THE POWER ISN"T THERE IN THE MOTOR, NOT THE PADDLES.
P.S. Turbo Paddles are the heaviest paddle on the market, there is a reason they are so cheap, they'll weigh you down. Im not crazy, just showing the facts on my experience with those tires...... Thats was not a "Bias "opinion which it seems anymore around here thats all you see!!!:rolleyes: it was our experience with thats tire, the waer time on ours didint even last ONE DAY. Light or heavy, at least my Turbo Paddles have lasted TWO YEARS and I have great tration with my Turbos and yes. they ARE cheap!!! I like that part.......... :D lol...
Everyone has there own opinion on paddles, We had a very bad experience with those paddles and when I posted this topic on another forum, I found I was not the only one also. ....
Glad your having good luck with yours!!!:) ;)

Big - D Racing
09-11-2004, 01:05 PM
I'm not trying to bash on you, but any tire that falls apart in a day is most likely because of some sort of production problem, guarantee if you got a good set you'd love them far more then turbo paddles.
P.S. Roosters are pretty cheap also 1/2 the price of haulers:D

QuadJunkies
09-11-2004, 01:12 PM
We have 7 sets of dif paddles ,including a set of Haulers(which I also LOVE!:blah: ) I still go back liking the Turbo..... When we bought the Roosters they were still rally new tire, they werent that cheap when we bought them.......:(

Sm0k3d
09-12-2004, 10:15 AM
I will NEVER buy any thing less than skat-trak haulers. I am currently running 22x11x10 10 paddle extremes and they are the best tire I have EVER run. I went to winchester and rode them HARD for 1 straight week and they barley wore, I even rode them on some gravel rode and also pavement (going slow of course) and the y still held up and look new.