PDA

View Full Version : southwick LCQ Scoring

exman
08-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Did any one else who raced the mx natioanl at south wick have a problem with how they were scoring dnf's and LCQ"s, South wick scoring jacked it up, and the atva director and ref admitted it, but did nothing to correct the problem. i wanted to protest the whole scoring system, but was told that it was not allowed and that i could only protest my motos, or son could protest his moto.....well low an behold I come back and dig up the rules and I can protest the whole tracks scoring system as an administrative protest....but here i am talking to the atva director and the ref..and they say no...plus the ole excuse was ...what are we gonna do we already gave out plaques.....screw the plaques...lets do what is right....there are alot of us that put alot of money into attending every single national..and then to be let down by the organization sanctions the events.....mmmm

any body who got a dnf in the first moto or had to go to a LCQ got zero place for the first moto...meaning if you won the LCQ then your score/place for first moto should be 9 and then you go one to race the second moto and the combination of both motos gives you you overall....but what southwick did is give you a DNF for the first moto score and then how ever you placed in the second moto....so the absolute best finish you could get was 16th place,,,,regardless of where you scored/placed in the second moto.

gimp419
08-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Man that is messed up, I've seen nationals where they score DNF's as 0 or 20 if you make the main but never because of missing the cut and having to go to the LCQ. You are right if you finished 9th on Sat. and win the LCQ then the 9 should be added to your Sun. score for the overall.
Makes me glad that I didn't make the 20 hour trip!

exman
08-04-2004, 09:43 AM
yes it was messed up, especially since the ATVA officials knew it was messed up, and there were still more motos to go that day that had LCQ's from the previous day. They did nothing and went on about there business. just really makes me wonder what type of REAL support we are getting from the ATVA.

1. they could have at least monitored the remaining motos to make sure they were scored correctly

2. J. PROTESTS-OFFENSES-APPEALS-REINSTATEMENTS
1. As defined in this AMA Sports Rulebook.

3. D. PROTESTS

1. There are three types of protests:
a. Visual protests relate to motorcycles and components where
compliance or noncompliance can be confirmed visually.
b. Technical protests relate to motorcycles and components
where some type of measuring device or teardown procedure is
needed to confirm compliance or noncompliance with the
rules.
c. All other protests will be defined as administrative.

2. Unless specifically excluded herein, riders may lodge protests on any
matter regarding an event in which they were a participant. Such
matters may include, but are not limited to, the conformity of a
machine or the eligibility of a rider.

4. NO THE RULES IN WHICH THEY GENERATE or at least get off their duff and help the rider, protestor out.

where i messed up is when they told me i couldn't protest the whole scoring sytem, i should of said heck with it and done it anyhow, and put my 25 bucks up. I know now

jason14x
08-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Explain to me what they did again? You shouldnt get scored for an LCQ but your first moto score should be combined with your second moto score if you had a qualifier. A DNF and I was inside the scoring shack is cored as follows...per AMA rules.... a dnf....is scored based on the number of entrie say ther was 29 in 4 stroke c. so you go back as far as 29th which give you no points.. for the day. Now if you had 15 and DNFed then it goes back automatically to twentieth place which I believe is 1 point. I stood right there while the y explained the system to more than one rider...and they whipped out the AMA/ATVA book.

Im just curious as to exaactly what the problem was with the scoring thats all!!!

Thanks guys let me know.

Jason NEATV-MX

exman
08-04-2004, 12:06 PM
sent you pm

tprender
08-04-2004, 04:26 PM
When a protest is made it can only be made by the rider in the moto/class that he or she is riding in. This 3rd type of protest, administrative, is it defined in the rule book? The way that I define it is," the way that they scored that class, or placed the riders in the heats for that class, etc". I would say again that you can only protest the class that you are riding in, not the whole system.
Maybe after they get back to Ohio, they will correct the results. Maybe, they will and maybe they wouldn't.

exman
08-04-2004, 07:09 PM
now i know pasted from rule book

D. PROTESTS
1. There are three types of protests:
a. Visual protests relate to motorcycles and components where
compliance or noncompliance can be confirmed visually.
b. Technical protests relate to motorcycles and components
where some type of measuring device or teardown procedure is
needed to confirm compliance or noncompliance with the
rules.
c. All other protests will be defined as administrative.

2. Unless specifically excluded herein, riders may lodge protests on anymatter regarding an event in which they were a participant. Such matters may include, but are not limited to, the conformity of a machine or the eligibility of a rider.

tprender
08-04-2004, 08:21 PM
I agree with you that there scoring was wrong and they should have changed it. This is not the 1st time that it was scored wrong like this. I know of at least 2 times that it was done wrong in the 2 years that I was at the GNC mx races. Should it have been changed from the time that it was told to them or should they have scored the whole event wrong? not sure on the correct answer. Again, maybe they will go back and change the scores at the AMA office.
What you need to do is to look in the front of the rulebook at the difference between the words "event "and "meet".
event is just a single class
meet is all of the classes(events) at the race
Most people think that the word event means the whole race or all of the classes at a race. Now go back and read #2 that you posted with the meaning of event.

exman
08-04-2004, 09:26 PM
ahhhh that stinks...thats exactly right and thank you for the clarification..if only i knew this before...but i am going to fix the problem..taking acomplete rule book with me for now on, and gonna be there the moment they post scores....what really got the goast was that they were more worried about plaques than points.

thanks for the info