PDA

View Full Version : who should i let biuld my engine??

westcoastmxer
08-03-2004, 05:57 PM
i have my regular mechanic that i was gunna have biuld my engine and ino hes good but theres this new guy that lives by me thats only been in bussiness 4 a year and ive heard good things about him but he said hes only rebiult 3 300ex engines but is about 75$ cheaper than my regular mechainic..so does it matter who is better wut do you guys think?or is biulding a engine j/biulding a engine?

Chanman420q
08-03-2004, 07:07 PM
if he justs doing a piston cam deal id go with whats cheaper, but if ur getting valve and port work done too, go to the more skilled mechanic

Florida400EX
08-03-2004, 07:08 PM
First off, theres over 3 question the same as yours ON THIS SAME PAGE! Everytime somebody asks, they get the same responce....
Sparks, TC, GT thunder, and FST.

westcoastmxer
08-03-2004, 09:06 PM
1of all u dumbass if u would read the damn post u would find out im not talkin about any of them im talkin about my local mechanics u think uno it all but u dont kno ****...anybody else's advice that actually read the post?:blah:

Florida400EX
08-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by westcoastmxer
1of all u dumbass if u would read the damn post u would find out im not talkin about any of them im talkin about my local mechanics u think uno it all but u dont kno ****...anybody else's advice that actually read the post?:blah:

Oh, I'm sorry it just might be that time of the month.

bradley300
08-03-2004, 09:44 PM
to answer your question, buy all the parts from a reputable builder, such as gthunder, let them do the head work and have your local guy put it all together

Bill Fuller
08-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Why don't you take some time and pride and build your own motor.The work is simple enough and you might learn something.Now I'm sure you don't port and polish or bore cylinders so these are a few things you could have someone do.As far as replacing the cam and new piston or timing chain or clutch or valve seats you can do it.Get a manual and with the money you will save buy a tool set and get to wrenchin,you will be happier in the long run when you smoke an unsuspecting rider and then tell them you built it.

nakomis0
08-04-2004, 06:36 PM
I agree any decent mechanic can do all the work for you.

With the exception of porting with should be done by porting professional.

Cody_300ex
08-05-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Why don't you take some time and pride and build your own motor.The work is simple enough and you might learn something.Now I'm sure you don't port and polish or bore cylinders so these are a few things you could have someone do.As far as replacing the cam and new piston or timing chain or clutch or valve seats you can do it.Get a manual and with the money you will save buy a tool set and get to wrenchin,you will be happier in the long run when you smoke an unsuspecting rider and then tell them you built it.

Thats what I did on my 300. My dad wanted the local Yamaha shop to do it because "The will take care of it better and put it in tune". I told him I wasnt letting a yamaha shop touch any part of this quad! So the next day when he went to work, i went to tearin!:D :cool:

UglyMotha™
08-05-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by westcoastmxer

does your mother know you talk like that you potty mouth :o

Giz400ex
08-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Why don't you take some time and pride and build your own motor.The work is simple enough and you might learn something.Now I'm sure you don't port and polish or bore cylinders so these are a few things you could have someone do.As far as replacing the cam and new piston or timing chain or clutch or valve seats you can do it.Get a manual and with the money you will save buy a tool set and get to wrenchin,you will be happier in the long run when you smoke an unsuspecting rider and then tell them you built it. :D :D :D

westcoastmxer
08-05-2004, 10:33 PM
ok thanx guys!:macho