PDA

View Full Version : Just got my set of NEW STYLE HIPERS...

cody anderson
08-03-2004, 01:10 PM
That's right boys and girls, that kick ***** wheel company that we all know and Love, Hiper Wheels. Has raised the bar again. The new wheel fetures a steel insert that is splined instead of the aluminum hub itself. The result of this is going to be a nice tight fit on the axle forever... The Center of the hub is also a little bit different. Just thought that you guys would like to know...

*Hello Lisa...*

team_450_88
08-03-2004, 02:55 PM
SEND ME A SET CODY !! :blah:

08-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Is the cost still around $30,000 a rim???

mxdave28
08-03-2004, 03:14 PM
ok im not that famiular with hypers too much other then i have seen sets of them but never really got a "Good" look at them but, cody...if im picturing what your saying is...the center of the rim has the splines built into it so you dont need a "hub" for the rim to bolt onto??? is this what they built??

cody anderson
08-03-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by team_450_88
SEND ME A SET CODY !! :blah:

Sure they are in the mail...

cody anderson
08-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by mxdave28
ok im not that famiular with hypers too much other then i have seen sets of them but never really got a "Good" look at them but, cody...if im picturing what your saying is...the center of the rim has the splines built into it so you dont need a "hub" for the rim to bolt onto??? is this what they built??

Yes, the hub is part of the wheel itself.

cody anderson
08-03-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Is the cost still around $30,000 a rim???

Yeah, I think so...

You get what you pay for?:confused:

tore up
08-03-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by cody anderson
Yeah, I think so...

You get what you pay for?:confused:

For that price they better do alot more than just roll!!!:huh

team_450_88
08-03-2004, 03:27 PM
Cody can I get a tracking number on those wheels !!:p

08-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Cody why don't ya go ahead and send me off a set of those bad boys too, hey, and help a fellow racer out, help me find a quad that i can borrow from someone to ride on sept. 12th at bobs race at mazeppa, lol

SRH
08-03-2004, 04:37 PM
cody, is the new hub for 8 x8 interchangeable with the old aluminum ones? and will i still be able to buy replacement aluminum hubs for my hipers?

i love my hipers

jcv400ex
08-03-2004, 08:46 PM
Actually, they're only about 15 more dollars than a regular beadlock, and parts are replace-able

Pvt. Maggot
08-03-2004, 08:51 PM
lets see some pics! :)

QuadJunkies
08-04-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
lets see some pics! :)

trick450r
08-04-2004, 07:10 AM
for that price do they make your coffee too?, do they hold your trophies, do the spares pinch your girlfriends *** for you while your racin? cuz if they dont they just aint not worth it!:huh :

cody anderson
08-04-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by SRH
cody, is the new hub for 8 x8 interchangeable with the old aluminum ones? and will i still be able to buy replacement aluminum hubs for my hipers?

i love my hipers

Well you COULD change them out. The hub is still aluminum but the actual part that you put on the axle is steel.

CTmxyfz
08-04-2004, 07:40 AM
Hey Cody, do you know if the new hipers are out yet that come in 4-1 offset finally for the yammi bolt pattern? I had heard they were out for like 210 a rim. I need to look into this more. because i need them.

Bretmd94
08-04-2004, 09:05 AM
15$ more than regular beadlocks my butt....

I paid 220$ for both mine.

Hypers=210 or more a rim.

I want them so badly though. But they are almost double the price of cheap beadlocks. I cant pay that.

cody anderson
08-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by CTmxyfz
Hey Cody, do you know if the new hipers are out yet that come in 4-1 offset finally for the yammi bolt pattern? I had heard they were out for like 210 a rim. I need to look into this more. because i need them.

You are talking abou tthe fronts right? The 4-1 offset...

I will find out how much EXACTLY the wheels are for you guys.

Pappy
08-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
for that price do they make your coffee too?, do they hold your trophies, do the spares pinch your girlfriends *** for you while your racin? cuz if they dont they just aint not worth it!:huh :

the hell they arent worth it. if you cant afford them or wont spend the money thats one thing, but saying they arent worth having at thier current price is your opinion. i wont ever run another rim unless something better comes out.

MY450R
08-04-2004, 11:07 AM
hipers are awesome
i paid 230.00 a piece for my rears
a little high but what the hell ill never buy another rim again

CTmxyfz
08-04-2004, 11:19 AM
You are talking abou tthe fronts right? The 4-1 offset...

I will find out how much EXACTLY the wheels are for you guys.

yes sir, in the yammi bolt pattern.

cody anderson
08-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
the hell they arent worth it. if you cant afford them or wont spend the money thats one thing, but saying they arent worth having at thier current price is your opinion. i wont ever run another rim unless something better comes out. +

You said it my brotha'! I'm with you. Hiper's are the nicest wheel out there, bar none. AND they are easy to work with. By this I mean changing tires, breaking beads, replacing parts, ect.

cody anderson
08-04-2004, 12:17 PM
The 4-1 offset will be ready in a month or so.

Here are the prices for the wheels from Hiper DIRECT:

Front:$177.00
Rear 8"x8" (with integrated hub): $191.00
Rear 9"x9" (Honda AND Yamaha bolt Pattern): $192.00

* Hiper also has new green and orange bead rings to match the Kawasaki colors. (Just so you know.)

CTmxyfz
08-04-2004, 12:17 PM
i will never ever run anything besides hipers unless i end up in the poor house. hey cody, any word on the hiper issue here?:confused:

A4StrokeGuy
08-04-2004, 12:26 PM
They are worth every dollar, if u think there not worth it then you've never ran them. C&D has the best prices also:macho

cody anderson
08-04-2004, 12:36 PM
i will never ever run anything besides hipers unless i end up in the poor house. hey cody, any word on the hiper issue here?:confused:

Whichb one is that? When the 4-1's will be ready?

popo
08-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by A4StrokeGuy
They are worth every dollar, if u think there not worth it then you've never ran them. C&D has the best prices also:macho

How can C&D have the best prices when all dealers are suppose to sell them at the same price.

cdalejef
08-04-2004, 12:44 PM
When it comes to comparing prices, you need to compare them to ITP and Douglas top of the line beadlocks like the Shamrock wheels, ITP T9 pro series beadlocks and Douglas Ultimate's which are all more expensive and will not hold up like Hiper wheels! Comparing them to just your basic .190 beadlock with an inner ring is like comparing Elka's too works.

CTmxyfz
08-04-2004, 12:53 PM
Whichb one is that? When the 4-1's will be ready? \

YES:cool:

cody anderson
08-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
When it comes to comparing prices, you need to compare them to ITP and Douglas top of the line beadlocks like the Shamrock wheels, ITP T9 pro series beadlocks and Douglas Ultimate's which are all more expensive and will not hold up like Hiper wheels! Comparing them to just your basic .190 beadlock with an inner ring is like comparing Elka's too works.

You took the works out of my mouth!

cody anderson
08-04-2004, 01:30 PM
\

YES:cool:

In about a month and a half...

roostin_dale
08-04-2004, 01:54 PM
jeesh, some of you guys dont know what your talking about! Hipers are worth every cent! I have had them on my past 4 quads...

I was bending all kinds of wheels at races, and poping them off the bead, bought some hipers and never had to worry about a thing! These wheels are the best ever made and i will run them untill i stop riding..

Just like someone else said, if you dont think there worth it, you've probably never owned them...

Bretmd94
08-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
the hell they arent worth it. if you cant afford them or wont spend the money thats one thing, but saying they arent worth having at thier current price is your opinion. i wont ever run another rim unless something better comes out.

For some reason pappy I have a hard time believing that you actually paid the 840$ for a full set of Hipers. But i will take your word that they are worth it.

For now I will use my (apperently bummy and cheap) Burgard Beadlocks untill I hit power ball.

A4StrokeGuy
08-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by popo
How can C&D have the best prices when all dealers are suppose to sell them at the same price.

ok i need to apologize on part of that, thats when i bought mine over a year and a half ago, as of right now i couldn't tell you has the best price. My fault:macho

spincr4hire
08-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Bretmd94
840$ for a full set of Hipers

$170x2 + $180x2= $700

08-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Bretmd94

For now I will use my (apperently bummy and cheap) Burgard Beadlocks untill I hit power ball.

Me too.....:(

Still costly I think, no matter what anyone says.

What will the hipers do for me that the burgard beadlocks won't do??

I'm not bashing Hipers and would love to own a full set but I can't justify the cost of them. I will also state that I've never even put a ding in any of my beadlocks, even running flats for many many miles..:cool:

cdalejef
08-04-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
$170x2 + $180x2= $700 Those prices are below minimum pricing that Hiper allows its dealers to sell for. If a dealer is caught selling below minimum pricing, their dealership will be pulled.

Jingle 11
08-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Exactly rico. i agree 100% if im not breaking my beadlocks how are hipers gonna be sooo much better? but hell i can almost get 2 sets of regualr beadlocks for the price of one set of hipers.

cody anderson
08-04-2004, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Jingle 11
Exactly rico. i agree 100% if im not breaking my beadlocks how are hipers gonna be sooo much better? but hell i can almost get 2 sets of regualr beadlocks for the price of one set of hipers. .

Yeah, a set of REGULAR beadlocks. Your not compairing apples to apples, you have apples and oranges my friend...:confused:

team_450_88
08-04-2004, 04:21 PM
They couldnt be to damn nice because i only kno 2 or 3 pros that run them!! oh and CODY u didnt ever get me my tracking number on my set of hipers u said u would send !!:p

chad cavagnaro
08-04-2004, 05:41 PM
They couldnt be to damn nice because i only kno 2 or 3 pros that run them!! oh and CODY u didnt ever get me my tracking number on my set of hipers u said u would send !!:p

im sure you do know every quad raceing pro out there too!!!:devil: :blah:

team_450_88
08-04-2004, 06:13 PM
nah dude wut i was saying is how many pros can u think of that are using hypers? I dont know about the Gncc but i kno there isnt many on the gnc circuit but yea if i had a choice i would go wit hiper 4 sho !!

jb500ex
08-04-2004, 07:32 PM
if you looked at the gncc's, you would see that they are becoming the most popular rim. and for good reason

roostin_dale
08-04-2004, 08:05 PM
nah dude wut i was saying is how many pros can u think of that are using hypers? I dont know about the Gncc but i kno there isnt many on the gnc circuit but yea if i had a choice i would go wit hiper 4 sho !!

GNC pro's are going to run whoever sponsors them, and Hiper doesn't sponsor very many people...thats why you dont see them

team_450_88
08-04-2004, 08:52 PM
ok I didnt kno that tho....I have nothing against hiper dont get me wrong I was just saying u dont see many gnc pros running them and if they where having problems with bending these other rims im sure they would go with wuts best!!

Chef
08-04-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Me too.....:(

Still costly I think, no matter what anyone says.

What will the hipers do for me that the burgard beadlocks won't do??

Yea, they are costly, but they cut the weight in half. You can drop 20 pounds off your quad just from going from regular beadlocks to Hipers, and thats unsprung weight, too.

Toadz400
08-04-2004, 09:01 PM
The 4-1 offset will be ready in a month or so.

Here are the prices for the wheels from Hiper DIRECT:

Front:$177.00
Rear 8"x8" (with integrated hub): $191.00
Rear 9"x9" (Honda AND Yamaha bolt Pattern): $192.00

* Hiper also has new green and orange bead rings to match the Kawasaki colors. (Just so you know.)

Are you saying my 9x9's can bolt up to my Banshee too??

I just got mine for my 400EX today, they are looking awesome! Can't wait for my Kendas to arrive...

I got my rears for $190 a piece through C&D with FREE shipping, but HiPer ships them.

CTmxyfz
08-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
GNC pro's are going to run whoever sponsors them, and Hiper doesn't sponsor very many people...thats why you dont see them

i agree, if someone was to give you douglas shamrocks for free very 3 months or something like that. Would you not run them? Free chit is what is getting used.

Toadz400
08-04-2004, 09:20 PM
i agree, if someone was to give you douglas shamrocks for free very 3 months or something like that. Would you not run them? Free chit is what is getting used.

True...but I think I would run HiPers if they really are as great as people make them out to be. (Hope they are for my sake...I just spent $400 on rears:o .)

Most pro's seem to be well-made anyway, so I don't see why they couldn't afford $800 if everything else is getting paid for or getting halfed by sponsorhips:o .

MOFO
08-05-2004, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Chef
Yea, they are costly, but they cut the weight in half. You can drop 20 pounds off your quad just from going from regular beadlocks to Hipers, and thats unsprung weight, too.

yep, the most important part IMO. Isnt a pound of unsprung weight worth alot more, when speaking about normal chassis weight?

like 5 lb of unsprung might equal 7 lb of regular weight... I thought there was some type of ratio.

cody anderson
08-05-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Are you saying my 9x9's can bolt up to my Banshee too??

I just got mine for my 400EX today, they are looking awesome! Can't wait for my Kendas to arrive...

I got my rears for $190 a piece through C&D with FREE shipping, but HiPer ships them.

Yep, the 9"x9" will fit a Honda AND a Yamaha.

Chef
08-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
yep, the most important part IMO. Isnt a pound of unsprung weight worth alot more, when speaking about normal chassis weight?

like 5 lb of unsprung might equal 7 lb of regular weight... I thought there was some type of ratio.

Especially on the rear wheels, where it is worth rotating mass. I went to an RPM aluminum axle, and 4 HiPers instead of front Shamrocks and Champions and dropped 40 pounds...and it felt like it gained 15 hp.

SRH
08-05-2004, 04:25 PM
they flex more too more bump absorption , not that the average rider will notice, but if u have a sponsor giving u rims when u need them then you can afford to go thru a few sets of rims after bending alot of aluminum ones i said uck it

Splatter Matter
08-05-2004, 05:09 PM
http://www.hiper-technology.com/images/8x8.jpg