PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhhhh!

440ex2001
08-03-2004, 12:20 PM
I am really getting ticked off. I ordered a 440 kit for my 03 ex a while back. I took it to Ace Honda which is supposed to be a certified honda dealer and they said that the sleeve I got with the kit was to small it was 87mm the piston is 89mm. It took them 2 weeks to tell me that. So I ordered another sleeve from them that they said would be the correct one. Another 3 weeks go by I call them and they never even got started on it they say the sleeve just got in and they will get on it ASAP. I call back today which is 2 weeks later and they say the freakin piston is to big!He said he didnt want to set something up that looked like the cylinder walls would be to thin. I dont understand Im my sleeve is 89mm and my piston is 89mm cant something be worked out?! I'm going to pick up my stuff now. Just wanted to vent a little and ask you guys if this guy just does not know what he's doing or do I have "to big of a piston".

UglyMotha™
08-03-2004, 01:17 PM
i would go pick up your stuff and go find an engine shop to do it, a dealer would be the last place you should have ever taken it, i have all kinds of horror stories about dealers motor work

440ex2001
08-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Well I went down there today and it turns out that they ordered the wrong sleeve i needed a 89.5mm and they ordered an 88mm. They are also using the part numbers from a xr400 they said that it was the same thing. I already paid for the sleeve and they are going to send the wrong back and order the correct one. When I get the correct sleeve im going to take everything to a engine shop.

Ryan
08-03-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by 440ex2001
Well I went down there today and it turns out that they ordered the wrong sleeve i needed a 89.5mm and they ordered an 88mm. They are also using the part numbers from a xr400 they said that it was the same thing. I already paid for the sleeve and they are going to send the wrong back and order the correct one. When I get the correct sleeve im going to take everything to a engine shop.

Just never take anything to a dealer.

TC426EX
08-03-2004, 06:19 PM
Yeah, screw dealerships for aftermarket work. Just buy your oils and little stuff from them and thats it. At almost all dealerships the service department takes the average guy as a complete motor "idiot" and theyll charge you 60 bucks an hour on average for using their precious time...What morons. You do not even NEED a new sleeve for an 87 or 88mm. The 440 and above are the only ones...