PDA

View Full Version : Seat cover

400-416EX
08-03-2004, 10:08 AM
How hard is it to put a seat cover on? Am I better off getting done at an upolstry shop? I have never done one so I am not sure hoe it is done.

Str8Wicked
08-03-2004, 11:05 AM
Seat covers are easy to install if you have the right tools. Usually you need some adhesive for the best install, a staple gun, and thats about it.

After putting adhesive on the foam and the cover..

You first line up the seat and than start making your way around stretching,e tc to your liking while stapling just enought to hold it. After it is how you like it than staple all of it.

http://www.xtremequadcovers.com

KY Woods Rider
08-03-2004, 11:18 AM
The only real trick to putting one on is getting the right amount of tension on it so that you don't end up with a bunch of wrinkles after a couple rides. However, you've got to have a good staple gun to put the staples in. If you're trying to put one on with a little hand powered, spring loaded staple gun that you bought at Wal-Mart, then all you're doing is wasting your time, because you won't even get a staple started into the plastic base.

quadmxracer
08-03-2004, 12:01 PM
yea an electric or even better an air powered one will do the trick.

bigblock
08-03-2004, 09:55 PM
having someone to help is the key!!!! have them pull the balls out of it while you staple or vice versa:)