PDA

View Full Version : Cut Stock Fenders for GNCC?

Quadzilla
08-03-2004, 08:14 AM
I know that most cut fenders for MX, but has anybody cut the fenders for GNCC or very agressive trail riding? I'm not talking about a full cut like MX, maybe a partial cut. The 400EX fornt fenders are very large (I refer to them as dumbo ears). Just wondering if there is a good way to trim them a little to lessen the wind resistance a bit and also make the quad look better while still having some protection from the mud, etc. Please post pics if you have done this! Thanks!

Snow
08-03-2004, 08:24 AM
well if you want to cut them on the quad in your avatar then i wouldent. it looks like the front tires are wider then the fenders as it is any less fender would mean going through a can of tear-offs in 5 minutes.

UglyMotha™
08-03-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Quadzilla
Just wondering if there is a good way to trim them a little to lessen the wind resistance a bit

now there would be something cool to see on mythbusters :o

don't hack your front fenders there is nothing that you will benifit from other than gettin muddier than you already do

KY Woods Rider
08-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Lessen wind resistance for GNCC and trail riding:confused:, how high are you going to be jumping and how fast are you planning on going???:huh

My advice... leave the fenders alone. Of course if you like being drenched with water and not being able to see anything because you have 2" of mud built up on your goggles, then go ahead and cut some off of 'em.

300exPat
08-03-2004, 10:20 AM
you guys make cut fenders seem horrible, i cut mine and they are fine, the front tires barely kick up any mud but maybe thats because i have a wider front end, i only have to worry about the backs shooting **** up

UglyMotha™
08-03-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by 300exPat
you guys make cut fenders seem horrible, i cut mine and they are fine, the front tires barely kick up any mud but maybe thats because i have a wider front end, i only have to worry about the backs shooting **** up

guess you gotta actually ride in order to see the downfall of cut fenders on a xc bike

I dunno lets ask jeffy why he doesn't run cut fenders :rolleyes:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=1077705

Florida400EX
08-03-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
guess you gotta actually ride in order to see the downfall of cut fenders on a xc bike

I dunno lets ask jeffy why he doesn't run cut fenders :rolleyes:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=1077705

:eek2: WOW now that is MUD!!!!

I cut my fenders, but I'm only on the MX track, if I had a cross country quad, the fenders would be on there DEFINETLY! Especially in the muddy FL terrain.

Flynbryan19
08-03-2004, 11:20 AM
Shaved fenders blow....... I see no usefulness out of them what so ever on an XC bike, and probably wouldn't cut them even on an MX bike, but thats just me.....Maybe some people "like" being sprayed by your own roost.....

EXtremeEXer50
08-03-2004, 08:48 PM
umm i just went through a **** load of mud today with my cut fenders and i bearly got mud on me....u guys put down cutting fenders to much, i loev my cut fenders...and it is proven fact the shaved fenders are 5 mph on the road

300exOH
08-03-2004, 09:58 PM
My complaint with cut fenders wasn't about the mud it was the water. Every puddle ended up in my face and all over my arms.

Mxjunkie
08-03-2004, 11:09 PM
i would never cut my fenders if i were going to race gncc, you get muddy enough with them, without them must be horrible :eek2: