PDA

View Full Version : Whats your thoughts on an ATV only MX track at HHMC

humboldt hills
08-02-2004, 09:05 PM
I was just pondering the idea today of an ATV only MX track.
With bike only tracks being the new fad these days, If i built a track for ATVs would you come ride it?
We already have a MX track for both at Humboldt Hills, But it definately favors Bikes. I was thinking just build a seperate track for quads and have one for each. It makes total sense to me, but I am a dreamer.
Leave me your feedback, and if I get enough responses, it will be done.
Jay

Pappy
08-02-2004, 09:10 PM
I am not from your area, but i visit alot of different tracks. The ones that offer atv only tracks usually have great success with them.

I applaud your forward thinking and wish you the best of luck!

08-04-2004, 10:01 AM
Jay how many people have you had show up for practice so far? I love the idea but if not enough people show up up is it worth losing the the parking space. Remember the last harescramble just about filled up your parking and they are only going to get bigger as word spreads about your great facility!

bradley300
08-04-2004, 10:05 AM
prolly too far away for me to ever make it up there, but i think its a great idea bikes say quads ruin the track, quads say bikes ruin the track, so why not one for each. of course then the dirt bikers would just think of something else to complain about. i can hear it now, "quads are too wide, they shouldnt be allowed in the pit area because its hard for me to weave thru them to get to my truck" lmao

humboldt hills
08-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
Jay how many people have you had show up for practice so far? I love the idea but if not enough people show up up is it worth losing the the parking space. Remember the last harescramble just about filled up your parking and they are only going to get bigger as word spreads about your great facility!

We have only had one real practice so far that didn't get rained out, and it was all quads. Last night a cpl bikes and quads came.
I am just lookin ahead and trying to get everyone's opinion on the topic. Once we get enough people showing up for practice, I will start running a quad only practice on a cpl days and bikes on a cpl days and a mini day before I would commit to an atv track.
I have cleared all the trees in the start field and I was thinking about making a u-shaped quad track in the hilly areas where we can't park any way. Make it tame enough so we could use it for the HS Starts also.
There are 60 acres that just came up for sale attached to HHMC, and another 180 acre farm right beside me is going to auction soon that I am going to do my best to get. So parking shouldn't be a problem by next year.
I am just trying to stay ahead of the game. I won't do anything to hinder what we got going. Just doing some research.
Thanks
Jay

08-04-2004, 12:22 PM
With information I would say go for it ofr sure! THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO TO GET RIDERS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING: ASKING THE RIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!! for that I think that everyone whos shows up will be better off.

atvchik
08-04-2004, 05:56 PM
If you have the extra room, I say "Go for it!"

If you make it tame enough for the h/s starts then the pint-size pro's can use it for their races too.

trict_out
08-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Jay go for it id be there 5 times a week!!!

atvchik
08-07-2004, 09:30 PM
I had a great time out there today!!
Wish we could have stayed longer~
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid133/p73afcb88b80d146a5fa8d311183e480a/f785622f.jpg

Garrett
08-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Adam, you and Brian wouldn't happen to be free either tuesday or wensday would you? Brian told me we need to go riding when we could get the chance...

That is if there is practice those days and y'all up to it.

trict_out
08-08-2004, 08:15 PM
hey garret yeah im up for it i can go either day but we got football 2-adays until 2 oclock so that might make it hard. Damn tabytha u shoulda told me u was goin to humboldt.

Garrett
08-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Forgot Bryan had said something about the football 2-adays too. If its gonna make things difficult don't worry about it. I was wanting to check the new track out sometime and didn't feel like riding it by myself. Might just break down and go anyways.

humboldt hills
08-09-2004, 07:21 AM
Come on down Garrett,
I'll ride with you.
We are open tues-thurs 4pm-8pm.
FRiday 12-8pm
saturday - CLOSED
Sunday-1-7pm
Where were ypu last thursday Adam?
Thought you said you were coming down?
Later
Jay

trict_out
08-09-2004, 01:04 PM
sorry jay my friends crapped out on me they were to lazy to go after camp. I shoulda called garret.

atvchik
08-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by trict_out
Damn tabytha u shoulda told me u was goin to humboldt.

I'm going to put some 20's on the rear/change the gearing and go back on Sunday.

trict_out
08-09-2004, 09:35 PM
my quad was tore down today and sent to nathan (gnccer) for a trans. blue powdercoat. Im outta commision for a while now:( dad says i need to concentrate on football.

Garrett
08-09-2004, 11:22 PM
Doesn't look like I'll be making it down this week. For the first time in 7 months I actually got scheduled to work 38 hours. (Woohoo! Thats a whopping 150 bucks.) The days that I have off I think I'm doing something with the girlfriend.... I remember the days of coming home and riding 4 hours straight around our little field in a circle. Long gone are those days I suppose. *memories*