PDA

View Full Version : gasket sets?

TheFontMaster
08-02-2004, 07:56 PM
I need like 2 or 3 gaskets replaced in my engine, so I think I mine as well just get a set of all the gaskets and replace all of them since i will have the whole engin apart. Do they even make compleat engine gaskets sets for quads? Also how much should I expect to pay for a set like this, and what is the best place to get them? Also I need one with a strong head gasket because I want to put in a high compression piston while I have the engine apart.

Thanks, Andrew

lil_billy_300ex
08-02-2004, 11:04 PM
go buy a dirt wheels mag and look in the ads for gasket kits, i think u only need a top end kit thats for everything for like the jug and stuff. but if u have the entire engine apart like the side cases and have the engine spilt then u need a complete engine kit. dont worry about the 11:1 piston. i got one of those in and i race and the head gasket is holding wonderfully. good luck man

Mat
97 300ex

TheFontMaster
08-02-2004, 11:10 PM
I do need the compleate gasket kit, top and bottom end, and I'l look at dirt wheels now, If anyone has any other ifo on these kits please feel free to respond.

quadmxracer
08-03-2004, 07:37 AM
Honda sells complete OEM gasket kits for the top end and bottome end usually seperate from each other.