PDA

View Full Version : Will I have to re-jet ?

LaSalleKid
08-02-2004, 03:39 PM
I am running a stock air filter with the airbox lid off, a DMC Alien pipe, and a dynojet jet kit. My question is .. will I have to rejet after I put on the K and N filter with the Pro-flow intake system. Would it be fine as it is now? Will it run better with the upgraded jets? Give me some input. I just ordered the K&N today so it will be here by thursday im sure. Thanks in advance.

-Michael

Bill Fuller
08-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Since you will be getting more air flow to the motor,you will definatley have to rejet.I personally would not use the K&N,but thats me.The YFZ comes lean from the factory.

YFZ450 Racer88
08-06-2004, 03:42 PM
yeah like B said u will have to re-jet for sure....Due to more airflow increase.. If u run it the way u have it set up now it prolly will run lean... Not sure. I have a tc exhaust with a 162 main jet 45 pilot NQVC needle at 3 slot from blunt end and the retarted cam mod...

2004 YFZ
Gibson Nerfs, Monster Peg
TC Exhaust
K&N Pro-design Kit
RPM +4 Domimator Axle
Galfer Wave Rotor
Holeshots
Carbon Fiber Rims
R.A.D. Front Wheel Spacers
Miaer Tehter
Ac Front Bumper
Gibson Swing Arm
ECATV Case Saver
ECATV Rear Resivior Relocater

Bill Fuller
08-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Hey 88 you running that setup with the stock airbox,filter and lid on or off?I am running stock airbox with lid on,stock air filter and full HMF exhaust.Currently I am at 165 main,NQVC needle at 3rd clip from blunt end and a 45 pilot and it runs good but it might stand to go a little leaner.Just curious seems like our setup is close and wondering if the 162 might be what I'm looking for.

LaSalleKid
08-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Help me please. I have a complete pipe, and a k and n filter with a pro flow intake. I am in louisiana where there is no elevation to deal with. Only humiditiy. Please tell me what the best jettings specs would be all the way thru the carb. To let you know I drag race alot and I want to try and set it up for that if I could. Preciate it.