PDA

View Full Version : wich cluth levers the best?

westcoastmxer
08-02-2004, 09:08 AM
hey guys im thinkin bout gettin the asv lever but wut else is out the and wut do u guys think of rtclevers..i want it real easy to pull in and shorter than the stock lever and want it to look kool:macho

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-02-2004, 09:53 AM
I like the rtc lever I sell alot of the asv levers to the dirtbike riders and they like them also but I personally haven't tried the asv lever.

Juggalo
08-02-2004, 01:12 PM
i have used the asv levers before...my buddy has them on both of his dirtbikes..and 2 other dirtbikes he used to have. i've rode em all plenty of times and all i can say is that their amazing! if you got the cash definatley pick one up...but then again i am happy with my 30 dollar msr raptor..

sandthrower
08-02-2004, 02:09 PM
:D ASV I have had them on two quads now and will never go back to stock or anything else.

RTC is ok :rolleyes:

BeltSlipper
08-02-2004, 10:26 PM
RTC gets my vote. I was thinking of trying the ASV, but it's not an easy pull.

Florida400EX
08-02-2004, 10:37 PM
ASV... is the best. If it's not an easy pull you can go cry in a corner, mines plenty easy to pull.

BeltSlipper
08-03-2004, 09:18 AM
Was that comment really necessary, about "crying in the corner"?
My son needs an easy pull. If ASV pulled easier than the Stock or as easy as the RTC. I would have purchased it. From the people I've talked to,"besides you the world renoun expert" it doesn't pull much easier.
Why do people always have to post negative comments on here. What happened to the good ole days. When adults could post on here to learn and build friendships.

Cole Trane
08-03-2004, 09:50 AM
It's because people are idiots. You could also check out the maygura hydraulic clutch. I have it and it works great. Hope this helps.

westcoastmxer
08-03-2004, 06:07 PM
how much easyer does the rtc pull cuzz i want it to pull in easy w/one finger if possible..and also how much do rtc levers and perches run??my mechanic said easy pull levers like pep burn clutch plates really easy cuzz the reason it pulls so easy is b/c its pulling from a different angle wich isnt pulling in the clutch all the way.

Toadz400
08-05-2004, 10:25 AM
I have RTC on my Banshee and it seems to be much better than stock. I also have a PEP easy pull on my 400EX and that's better than stock, but it's starting to get hard so I'm thinking of investing in a Motion Pro clutch cable.

boogiechile
08-05-2004, 11:51 AM
ASV levers are great. Mine is easier than stock but not a lot easier. it is smoother and less resistive so that helps ease the pull. The reach on an ASV is adjustable, so that might help fit it better to a kid.

westcoastmxer, your mech is right, to gain leverage to make the pull easier causes the lever to not pull the cable as far for the same amount of lever motion. So that means with an easy pull lever you have to pull further in to get the same clutch release. some people do not pull the easy pull levers in enough and the clutch has to slip slightly in order to change gears. over time it takes a toll on the clutch. If you pull the lever in far enough there is no clutch problems with the easy pull.

Pappy
08-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Florida400EX
ASV... is the best. If it's not an easy pull you can go cry in a corner, mines plenty easy to pull.

arent you like 14 years old?

go sit in the corner JUNIOR:macho

rtc IMO has been the best that ive used. my 11 year old son can operate my clutch and has no problems with reaching it.

atvmx14
08-05-2004, 12:43 PM
I liked the rtc lever but it broke on me!!
My machine rolled on top of me the other day in a race and the lever landed on my hand and bent!! Then shortly after the race it finally broke clean off were they put the groves in the metal on the lever!!

The Next lever assemble will be the asv with hot start!!

300exPat
08-05-2004, 02:19 PM
idk what the big deal about a stock clutch is, maybe just because i havnt used a aftermarket clutch before...

i broke mine too and just put vicegrips on it till i got a new one:devil:

westcoastmxer
08-05-2004, 10:44 PM
ok thanx guys do any of yall kno were i can check out some rtc levers also?

BeltSlipper
08-06-2004, 06:35 AM
RTC levers can be obtained from RTCRacing.com. Or I can get them for you. The retail for $55.00. If you call Brian, Tell him Kevin sent ya.
You won't be sorry. They are really top of the line products.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-06-2004, 09:20 AM
We also carry the RTC levers.